OmarStuck

N-600K Complete Experience

155 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Alura said:

@Kate987, do you mind sharing which field office your application is at? I am about to start the process and would prefer if we didn't have to fly the qualifying grandparent out with us!

It’s the Brooklyn NY Field Office. That office does have one of the longest processing times on the website, though: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

We haven’t had the interviews yet so I can’t fully comment but can update soon on how we felt about picking that office. 

On 8/14/2023 at 8:00 AM, Alura said:

@Kate987, do you mind sharing which field office your application is at? I am about to start the process and would prefer if we didn't have to fly the qualifying grandparent out with us!

We’ve had our interviews now, at the Brooklyn NY Field Office, so I can update a little on that particular office.

Everyone was very friendly and the qualifying grandparent was not required to attend but I do think that all of the NYC offices have particularly long waits for everything. 

I sent our applications in February 2022 and first had an email from an officer at the Brooklyn office at the end of April 2023. It was then at least a two week wait to get replies to any further emails. I found that delay in getting responses quite stressful. I was asked to suggest a date for interview - when I replied, our requested date was 7 weeks away but it wasn’t confirmed until 2 weeks before the interview, making booking flights etc very tight. We particularly wanted the interview this August as we were already visiting Canada, so much cheaper than flying from the UK, so we persevered with that date. Probably if I had requested an interview six months away I could have avoided that stress. 

It was also very busy in the office itself for our interviews and we had a two hour wait there. 

I get the impression that other offices don’t have waits as long as those. But if being sure that the qualifying grandparent is not required to attend is a priority then I can confirm I had it written in an email that they weren’t for the Brooklyn NY office and my dad wasn’t even mentioned at the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked to further replies. As this thread started out as a member's experience and guide for others it has become derailed and difficult to follow. Most recents posts have been split off to their own thread to help members get more feedback as older threads tend to have less traffic.~~

This thread is an excellent breakdown of the steps and as such will be pinned at the top of the forum. Please start your own thread if you have questions.

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.