OmarStuck

N-600K Complete Experience

155 posts in this topic

On 3/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Gila said:

Because I also could not understand the instructions for filing online from abroad, ( you cannot enter a non-US phone number because there are too many digits with the country code), I ended up filing by paper, in November 2020. 
The paper checks were cashed after about a month, and it took even longer than that to get acknowledgment of the application. 
we still don’t have an acknowledgment of approval or request for any other documentation (documents are being actively received for over a month, mid-February)

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive acknowledgment of status so an appointment for the interview ( and plane tickets) can be arranged?

Thank you sharing your experience. I cannot answer your questions since I just recently filed the N-600K, so I am at the beginning of the process. However, for those filing online, it is possible to leave the fields for the phone numbers (U.S. format) blank and provide the actual phone numbers with the foreign country codes in the 'Additional Information' section at the end of the online form.

• 4 weeks later...

We applied for our children’s citizenship last December, using the n600k form. 
Nothing has been updated since February, the message on the site says “case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS- “

I tried to call to find out when the interview would be scheduled as we have to book flight tickets in advance , but got no information that wasn’t already on the site “Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS”

Does anyone know how to speak to a person that can give real information ?

21 hours ago, Gila said:

We applied for our children’s citizenship last December, using the n600k form. 
Nothing has been updated since February, the message on the site says “case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS- “

I tried to call to find out when the interview would be scheduled as we have to book flight tickets in advance , but got no information that wasn’t already on the site “Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS”

Does anyone know how to speak to a person that can give real information ?

They will send you an email to schedule your appointment. At that point, you can communocate by email with a real person.

Give it another month or so.

I have also applied for N-600Ks for my biological children. I will update here on process/timeline as it’s one of the only places I’ve found that talks about N-600K and it is so helpful to hear of others experiencing this. 

I applied mid-April 2022 through grandparent eligibility.  One of my children will age out this year, so I’m a bit worried about the stated processing times of 19 months of the field office I chose. 
So, I have reached out to my Congressman (I’m a registered voter) and requested assistance. They have contacted USCIS on my behalf yesterday. 

I’ll keep you posted on my experience. I’m definitely  keen to hear other peoples. 

notes:

I’m overseas but applied online. 
I needed a different USCIS account per N-600K application 

I bought a US Skype number for the purpose of completing the form as the US parent phone field only takes US numbers (!!!)

I paid by US bank transfer

Edited by SirenDoll

On 4/30/2022 at 3:55 AM, SirenDoll said:

As my children are eligible for entering the US through ESTA is that enough for the USCIS interview? Or is it necessary to get a B2 visa for US entry? 

ESTA would be enough.  There is no requirement in the N-600K instructions for specific visa type to be used for US entry.  What matters is that the child is lawfully admitted to the US and remains in lawful status up to the time of interview.

Thank you Chancy for the reassurance re: ESTA.

I am trying to expedite the N-600K form due to risk of aging out. The phone bot gets confused and either tries to send me a link to info about the N-600K form, or sends me down the expedite path for two unrelated forms. And the chat bot sends me to the expedition page.
Has anyone had success talking to a person about the N-600K form?
It feels like this form is relatively rare, so there are no pre-determined bot pathways.

Due to my concern about my child aging out, I did additional research and was able to determine that you can get hold of a person at USCIS via the phone bot by stating "Request Infopass".
The agent tried to expedite my application but there was no option for her to do that.
She informed me that messages that are sent through the online USCIS portal need 30 days for a reply. (Useful information which is nowhere on their website!)

I have requested the application be expedited when I applied, so I just need to wait another 2 weeks.

Edited by SirenDoll

I received a response:

After careful review of your inquiry, we determined that your issue will be best addressed by the USCIS office processing your case; therefore, we are forwarding your inquiry to the National Benefits Center. The referral ID for this inquiry is xxxxxxxxxxxx.  The National Benefits Center will contact you concerning your case once they have reviewed your inquiry. 

So what does that mean?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 5:11 PM, SirenDoll said:

Great news. We have an interview date in July. Wish us luck!

Good luck!  Reminder that return/onward ticket is still required for your child for US entry on ESTA.  Bring a copy of the USCIS appointment letter to present to CBP as supporting document if asked about purpose of travel.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.