Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About OmarStuck

  • Rank
  • Member # 288052

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi Siren, Thanks for the additional information regarding not getting the ESTA approved. I will include this in the main post to plan for a B1/B2 visa just in case and to plan ahead of time. When is your N-600K interview?
  2. I did bring those along as that is what the instructions said. If you have any special circumstances, it would be best to let them know ahead of time before the interview.
  3. A week should be enough. If more than a week, send a reminder.
  4. Time to wait! Best of luck! Since you mentioned that you got a case expedited, you should hear from them soon.
  5. I believe ESTA should be fine but it would be best to get a B1 visa just in case.
  6. They will send you an email to schedule your appointment. At that point, you can communocate by email with a real person. Give it another month or so.
  7. Sorry, the children are my own biological children so I can not help with this.
  8. For the phone number, I put my parent's number in the US. I filed for my daughter on paper and it took them around 6 months to get an appointment. This was a failed attempt in the end because of some travelling issues that we had. I did not include it in the original post as I wanted to make the post as straightforward as possible.
  9. I have filled out the form online while living outside of the US. I have used my credit card that was not issued in the US.
  10. Sorry for the late response. I just saw this. Either is fine. However, when you apply for a B2 visa for the N-600K they put a special note in the visa. Yes, we had no problem.
  11. If you mean the N-400 interview, we waited 3 months. We applied for the N-400 in July and got notice of the interview in October.
  12. Good point! I know about this but I wanted to make sure of the name on her card and did not want to take any risks with this. It is stressful as is.
  13. I have recently completed the naturalization process for my wife through the Section 319(b) clause and would like to share the A to Z experience. Background I am a US citizen living overseas working for a US university overseas. My wife is a non-US citizen and I wanted to get her US citizenship. The typical way of getting your spouse a US citizenship is to get a green card and live together in the US for 3 years and then apply for citizenship. One of the requirement for getting the immigrant visa is to show a proof of domicile for the US citizen. This is proof that you are living in the US either by showing rent contract, proof work, or anything that shows that you are actually living in the US. In addition, your non-US citizen spouse will also need to live in the US for three years to get US citizenship. I had given up on getting her the US citizenship since I did not live in the US and did not have plans of moving to the US yet. Everything change when I learned about Section 319(b). What is Section 319(b)? Section 319(b) allows you to get an immigrant visa without the US citizen spouse needing to live in the US and the non-US citizen spouse does not need to live in the US to become a US citizen if you meet its requirements. As per USCIS, (https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learn-about-citizenship/citizenship-and-naturalization/i-am-married-to-a-us-citizen) Generally, if your spouse is a U.S. citizen who is employed by the U.S. government, including the military or another qualifying employer, and your spouse is scheduled to be stationed abroad for at least one year at the time you file your Form N-400, you may be eligible for naturalization under Section 319(b) of the INA. Qualifying employers can include: Certain American institutions of research; American firms or corporations engaged in the development of foreign trade and commerce; Certain public international organizations; and Certain religious denominations or interdenominational mission organizations. In general, at the time of your naturalization interview and ceremony, you must be present in the United States under lawful admission for permanent residence and you must meet of all of the requirements listed above, with the following exceptions: No specific period as an LPR is required (but you must have been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence); No specific period of continuous residence or physical presence in the United States is required; and No specific period of marital union is required; however, you and your U.S. citizen spouse must be in a valid marriage from the time you file your Form N-400 until the time you naturalize. To check if you work at an American Institution of Research, you can check the list here. https://www.uscis.gov/list-of-recognized-american-institutions-of-research-and-other-recognized-organizations Your institution can also apply to become an American Institution of Research: https://www.uscis.gov/requesting-recognition-as-an-american-institution-of-research I-130 Filing and Immigrant Visa There is no difference in the I-130 process except in the NVC process and interview process. For the NVC process, you will need to upload proof that you are working at an American Institution of Research in lieu of the proof of domicile. For the interview process, you will need to bring proof that you are working at an American Institution of Research and you might need to convince the consular officer as they might not know about it! N-400 Filing Once you have received the green card, you may start the N-400 filing. The process is the same except that you will select that you are applying for naturalization under Section 319(b). In addition, you will need to do fingerprinting either at the US embassy in your country of residence or in a field office before you complete your interview in the US. You will then be interviewed and will get your Certificate of Naturalization. Congratulations! Our Experience We applied for the I-130 and had no issues until the interview for the immigrant visa at the US embassy. Originally, they rejected our case as they did not accept that my work at an American Institution of Research counted as a substitute for domicile. After a bunch of emails with the embassy, they accepted it and we got the immigrant visa. Unfortunately, COVID happened and we did not travel and the immigrant visa expired. When COVID was done, we got in contact with the embassy and again they gave us the same issues regarding the domicile. Eventually, they accepted it as they had done before. This was very stressful and was thankful that it was done. We had no issues travelling to the US and we got the green card within a month of entering the US. We flew back home a few weeks after receiving the green card. We applied for the N-400 on the same day we received the green card. You must select the option that you qualify for Section 319(b) when you fill out the N-400! We applied to the Washington DC Field Office as we had read online that they know the Section 319(b) process very well. The N-400 was approved but we needed to do fingerprinting before they could schedule an interview. We asked to do the fingerprinting at a different field office and they had no issues scheduling it. We flew to the US completed fingerprinting at the field office and then the interview was scheduled. We then flew to Washington DC to complete our interview. We brought all documents submitted. We did the interview and my wife became a US citizen. Please feel free to comment below and I will answer any questions that come up. Please try to limit questions to Section 319(b) American Institution of Research!
  14. Dear Muhammad, Please see my post regarding N-600K. Thank You Omar
  • Create New...