John & Rose

Utah County Proxy (Zoom) wedding

162 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I beg to differ i bathe 1.5 times per week they was wrong. 😹😹😹😹

I was going to say I ALWAYS try for twice a week.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

51 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Although note that the BIA has technically not weighed-in on consummation in the period in between petition filing and petition adjudication.

In contrast, the BIA has weighed-in on consummation not occurring before petition adjudication. See Matter of B–, 5 I&N Dec. 698 (BIA 1954). https://casetext.com/admin-law/in-the-matter-of-b-16 "Accordingly, the visa petition will be denied as to the husband."

in that case example
" The proxy marriage has never been consummated and the marriage therefore fails to satisfy the requirement of section 101 (a) (35) for the purpose of making parties thereto husband and wife. Accordingly, the visa petition will be denied as to the husband.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

36 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

in that case example
" The proxy marriage has never been consummated and the marriage therefore fails to satisfy the requirement of section 101 (a) (35) for the purpose of making parties thereto husband and wife. Accordingly, the visa petition will be denied as to the husband.

Yes, so your assertion that "as long as you consummate prior to the [visa] interview" was definitely way off base. The ambiguity is only in the period in between petition filing and petition adjudication. With I-130 processing varying wildly (i.e. some random cases being adjudicated very fast) and USCIS relying on 8 CFR § 204.1 sans a BIA decision in the aforementioned period, odds are it would result in denial first and then you could argue your case at BIA, etc. level.

Also:

• "I did a proxy marriage on 22 march 2012,I filed on 29 may 2012 in this period I did not go back to morocco,but 3 months later I went back home"
  • "i am ganna refile next Friday."
Edited by HRQX

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, John & Rose said:

I just found this... just to add to the confusion.  This says you can file before consummation and the valid date off the proxy wedding will be the filing validity date.  We will still probably error on the side of safety but 9 FAM says you can file as long as you consummate prior to the interview for the marriage to be valid for filing.

226379425_878670582764049_3634812811660184354_n.png

If you file before .. it is processed as a K-1

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Nazis or Nuns?

I don’t think there is much of a difference if all the stories are true. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Is this a legit for Utah Zoom Marriage?   >>>(removed)
Or maybe if anyone has a legit contact/website, kindly share.  I would like to inquire. Thank you.

Edited by Ontarkie
third party site removed

On 8/5/2021 at 7:24 PM, ginarcm said:

Is this a legit for Utah Zoom Marriage?   >>> (removed)
Or maybe if anyone has a legit contact/website, kindly share.  I would like to inquire. Thank you.

Utah has been accepted hundreds of times so far that I’ve heard of. 

Edited by Ontarkie
third party site removed

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

Utah has been accepted hundreds of times so far that I’ve heard of. 

The website asks for lots of personal info, just wanted to make sure that it is a legit business and not a scam.. get you your $599 plus your personal info :(.    I have requested a call for tomorrow, maybe il get better info.  A BBB or something.

Not that site!!  It looks like an obvious scam. I’m talking about the $80 (with donation) zoom wedding from Utah County. 

https://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/WebCeremonyFAQ.html

IMG_5168.jpeg

@John & Rose, you gave me another alternative to pursue.  I'll be in Philippines in September for the K1 in-meeting requirement... But if Zoom marriage is an option and not so much complex to process, am thinking to go for it and have the marriage while I am at Philippines.. the proof of consummation will then be that am still there with fiance after date of marriage.  Plus, we have PH bank account that is waiting to add my name on it... but i have to be present in the bank to sign.

How are you getting in?  Tourism is still closed and you have to be married to get the visa. They don’t really ask for proof. Basically you have to physically be together after the wedding. 

Getting married there is a little complicated and takes 3 weeks if you are very organized. Expect to be there a month to get everything done. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

3 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Not that site!!  It looks like an obvious scam. I’m talking about the $80 (with donation) zoom wedding from Utah County. 

https://www.utahcounty.gov/Dept/ClerkAud/WebCeremonyFAQ.html

Will check on this, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.