Hassan2020

Change interview location after DQ

16 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

Is it a good idea to change consular interview location to another country after the case is already DQ?

How long it may take?

My case is DQ since Oct 2020 but it is still at NVC. I found out from some posts that interviews in Islamabad are scheduled for cases DQ in Nov 2019 so it may take another year to get my IL I am working and living in Singapore for few years and was thinking to transfer my case to Singapore for consular interview. One reason is that I will not need to travel back, second there are almost 0 F3/F4 interviews in Singapore so it will be much faster to get IL.

If it takes up to couple of months then it will still be better. Please advise what should I do, request to transfer the case or wait. Thank you in anticipation of your answers. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It's your choice.  Contact NVC and the US consulate in Singapore to arrange the transfer.  Unfortunately, you will still possibly experience a lengthy administrative processing period. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

45 minutes ago, Hassan2020 said:

second there are almost 0 F3/F4 interviews in Singapore so it will be much faster to get IL.

Careful drawing conclusions. Are there almost zero interviews because they are not scheduling them? Also, in the official DoS visa priority tier listing, all the F-categories are in the same tier, so you really should be looking at all of them, as well as the volume of tier 1 and tier 2 to see how far down you are. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html
(My gut instinct is that it still probably faster than Islamabad - but make sure you are properly assessing the factors)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

(My gut instinct is that it still probably faster than Islamabad - but make sure you are properly assessing the factors)

That is my thinking, too.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Thank you for your advice.

There were only 4 F4 interviews in Singapore in Jun 2021 but there were 50 E1. There are not many F3/4 applications made from Singapore, that’s why it has shorter queue. I am more concerned about processing time to transfer the case. I saw in some other forums/Facebook posts that cases got transferred in one or two months. But some people also saying it can take more time. Hard to make any decision unless there is information from those who actually got their cases transferred recently. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hassan2020 said:

Thanks. My case in Pakistan may take another 12 months. As you said it should still be faster if I transfer. I’ll probably give it a try. 

Who said it should be faster?  We said it might be faster.  I think your background checks are going to take time after the interview.  That, in itself, could take longer from Singapore.  It's a gamble either way, imo. 

Timeline
19 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Who said it should be faster?  We said it might be faster.  I think your background checks are going to take time after the interview.  That, in itself, could take longer from Singapore.  It's a gamble either way, imo. 

Can you please elaborate the worst case scenario if I transfer the case, can it take more than 12 months for getting an IL?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Hassan2020 said:

Can you please elaborate the worst case scenario if I transfer the case, can it take more than 12 months for getting an IL?

No one can tell you which consulate will be faster.  However, we know that ISL is not known for their speed.  You will be taking a gamble either way.  

2 hours ago, Hassan2020 said:

How can anyone here possibly know that? There are so many different moving parts to work with…

9 hours ago, Hassan2020 said:

I just need to know one realistic possible scenario where it may take more than a year if there is no long queue at the embassy. 

Getting an earlier interview date may occur, but total time to visa approval would probably not be measurably faster with the AP process.   Good luck.

Timeline

Thank you Jorgedig. I understand your point of view. Just to share further, I have been living in Singapore for the past 12 years and I have already submitted the necessary documents from Singapore and Pakistan. I am not transferring to a completely new country that is previously not specified in my application. Kindly advise whether it is of any benefit in my case or it still doesn’t make any difference. 

16 hours ago, Hassan2020 said:

Thank you Jorgedig. I understand your point of view. Just to share further, I have been living in Singapore for the past 12 years and I have already submitted the necessary documents from Singapore and Pakistan. I am not transferring to a completely new country that is previously not specified in my application. Kindly advise whether it is of any benefit in my case or it still doesn’t make any difference. 

No one here has any way of knowing.  

Because Pakistan does not follow conventional criminal record-keeping, Pakistani citizens often end up in prolonged AP, regardless of where they currently live.  There is no way around this, and no way to expedite or waive it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.