Dada Esther

Form I-129F Filed - processing seems faster

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I just filed my I-129F and received the NOA1 within a 12 days. From the petitions I have seen in VJ from 2021, they seem to have picked up as the average processing time for NOA2 is about 5-7 months instead of 9-10 months. My case was also transferred from TX to CA. Anyone experiencing a faster processing time as well?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Dada Esther said:

I just filed my I-129F and received the NOA1 within a 12 days. From the petitions I have seen in VJ from 2021, they seem to have picked up as the average processing time for NOA2 is about 5-7 months instead of 9-10 months. My case was also transferred from TX to CA. Anyone experiencing a faster processing time as well?

Your case wasn't transferred from Texas to California,  ALL I-129F petitions are initially assigned to California.   Don't confuse the lockbox with the service center.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline
42 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Your case wasn't transferred from Texas to California,  ALL I-129F petitions are initially assigned to California.   Don't confuse the lockbox with the service center.

Thank you very much - this is so confusing. SO why are they assigned to CA when I applied in TX?

Timeline
Just now, Dada Esther said:

Thank you very much - this is so confusing. SO why are they assigned to CA when I applied in TX?

Thw Texas address is just a mail intake facility 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dada Esther said:

Processing times are back to 6 to 8 months. Don't look forward to anything being faster. By the time your fiancé gets to the US it will be about a year or more. 

8 hours ago, Dada Esther said:

Wish you the best of luck

Timeline
4 minutes ago, theanchorman said:

Is the USCIS doing anything new in 2021 to have the k1 visa processed any faster?

The USCIS doesn't process k1 visas, only the i-129f petition.   

In reality,  the USCIS isn't really the holdup, it is the consulates.

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/29/2021 at 8:23 PM, Dada Esther said:

I don't see anyone NOA1 processed in 5 months. I see 7-8 months. 

What I think some people are seeing is that late 2020 there was a delay in getting out the NOA1 notice. For example mine was submitted in December but the notice letter wasn't received until March. The NOA1 clock starts from date of receipt by USCIS, not the notice letter receipt date by the filer. I haven't received my NOA2 yet.

Edited by Nazim and Debbie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.