Ammara

Green card for my cousin who is spouse of us citizen

72 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a cousin who is like baby sister to me. She got married in December 2019. (Only nikah no rukhsate)Her husband is US citizen. He lives in Wyoming. He applied for her case in feb 2020. I-130 is not yet approved . I am so much concerned about that why I-130 is not approved yet. I know its covid but i applied for my parents in sep 2019 and it got approved  in april 2020. 
even after approval and nvc it is taking so long for interview so i m really concerned that how much time it will take she is kinda frustrated because it was totally arrange marriage and she thinks she is stuck in trouble for no reason. Her husband just camr for the ceremony and then covid n all n he never visited pak. 
is anyone in same boat. 
also if she applies for visit visa i know chances are like zero but still if she applies will there be any impact on immigration case. Plz help

14 minutes ago, Ammara said:

Only nikah no rukhsate)

I don’t quite know the terms but could that be the problem? DOS says

Document Name: For U.S. immigration purposes, Pakistani Muslim applicants must present both an original, signed Nikah Nama (with its English translation) and a NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate. Note that while both documents reflect similar information, each on its own does not constitute sufficient proof of marriage.

16 minutes ago, Ammara said:

I have a cousin who is like baby sister to me. She got married in December 2019. (Only nikah no rukhsate)Her husband is US citizen. He lives in Wyoming. He applied for her case in feb 2020. I-130 is not yet approved . I am so much concerned about that why I-130 is not approved yet. I know its covid but i applied for my parents in sep 2019 and it got approved  in april 2020. 
even after approval and nvc it is taking so long for interview so i m really concerned that how much time it will take she is kinda frustrated because it was totally arrange marriage and she thinks she is stuck in trouble for no reason. Her husband just camr for the ceremony and then covid n all n he never visited pak. 
is anyone in same boat. 
also if she applies for visit visa i know chances are like zero but still if she applies will there be any impact on immigration case. Plz help

The petition delay has nothing to do with this, but I think she will face difficulty when it comes time for an interview if they only had the one quick visit.

There would be no impact on the petition if she applies for a tourist visa, although she is unlikely to get one.

5 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I don’t quite know the terms but could that be the problem? DOS says

Document Name: For U.S. immigration purposes, Pakistani Muslim applicants must present both an original, signed Nikah Nama (with its English translation) and a NADRA-issued marriage registration certificate. Note that while both documents reflect similar information, each on its own does not constitute sufficient proof of marriage.

I would think they would receive an RFE for this.  Perhaps one was sent and never arrived.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

The petition delay has nothing to do with this, but I think she will face difficulty when it comes time for an interview if they only had the one quick visit.

There would be no impact on the petition if she applies for a tourist visa, although she is unlikely to get one.

You mean to say because boy did not visit her, it would create problem at interview. 

1 minute ago, Ammara said:

What does it mean? I also think that they missed something in documentation. 

If the petition and initial supporting documentation were insufficient, the petitioner would be sent an RFE (Request for Evidence).  If he didn't receive it/respond, the petition would just sit there without anything further.

You mean to say because boy did not visit her, it would create problem at interview. 

Yes.

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

If the petition and initial supporting documentation were insufficient, the petitioner would be sent an RFE (Request for Evidence).  If he didn't receive it/respond, the petition would just sit there without anything further.

I also say to her in laws that there is something missing but they say we never got any email. 

I also say to her in laws that there is something missing but they say we never got any email. 

The petitioner is the only one who can look into whatever the delay is with this case.  Why would USCIS email the petitioner's parents?

Edited by Jorgedig

Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

The petitioner is the only one who can look into whatever the delay is with this case.

Her husband is petitioner, he says never got any mail. The attorney who they hired for the case died because of covid. 

Her husband is petitioner, he says never got any mail. The attorney who they hired for the case died because of covid. 

Are they also first cousins?

Just now, Ammara said:

No no totally out if family. 

Okay, well again, only the petitioner can make inquiries into their own case at USCIS.  Maybe suggest that he contact them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ammara said:

What does the online status say? If an RFE was sent out, the online status should reflect this. 

When you use an attorney, often the correspondence from USCIS goes straight to the attorney and the petitioner often never get anything. So it's possible something was sent to the attorney.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I get the feeling the petitioner doesn't really care if they get approved or not, since he's not here asking these questions himself?

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.