binjijiloo0

i751 typo on mailing address

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey guys. So, I filed and sent my i751 packet at the end of June. I was going over the documents today and realized that I made a type on my mailing address on the form, two numbers on the house number got mixed up and the address does not exist according to google maps. I tried to contact the USCIS office but they are closed since today is Sunday. I also submitted a USCIS change of address online in hope that this would correct it. I noticed that they cashed my check a while back. Is there anything I can do to correct this and make sure the receipt and everything else gets properly delivered to my house?

Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 minutes ago, binjijiloo0 said:

Hey guys. So, I filed and sent my i751 packet at the end of June. I was going over the documents today and realized that I made a type on my mailing address on the form, two numbers on the house number got mixed up and the address does not exist according to google maps. I tried to contact the USCIS office but they are closed since today is Sunday. I also submitted a USCIS change of address online in hope that this would correct it. I noticed that they cashed my check a while back. Is there anything I can do to correct this and make sure the receipt and everything else gets properly delivered to my house?

Thanks in advance

Try going to your post office to see if there is anything they can do 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Post office can correct an address on a USCIS application?  Good to know as I wasn't aware they could.  Seems simpler than filling an AR11.

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

Post office can correct an address on a USCIS application?  Good to know as I wasn't aware they could.  Seems simpler than filling an AR11.

Indeed it would be wonderful if USPS had that authority. As wonderful as an AR11 actually and consistently working.  

It would be even more amazing if that is what I actually wrote, but of course I didn’t (only in your imagination).  

What post offices can do is hold or redirect mail that is sent to wrong addresses    I’ve certainly eventually received mail sent to street addresses that had a typo.  

So by giving the post office a heads up, there is a chance, however slim, that mail sent to a non existing street address might be instead delivered to OP.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Indeed it would be wonderful if USPS had that authority. As wonderful as an AR11 actually and consistently working.  

It would be even more amazing if that is what I actually wrote, but of course I didn’t (only in your imagination).  

What post offices can do is hold or redirect mail that is sent to wrong addresses    I’ve certainly eventually received mail sent to street addresses that had a typo.  

So by giving the post office a heads up, there is a chance, however slim, that mail sent to a non existing street address might be instead delivered to OP.  

USCIS mail is not forwardable

USCIS envelopes do not allow the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to forward them from the intended recipient. If the envelope indicates “Return Service Requested”, the envelope will not be forwarded by USPS

YMMV

@binjijiloo0, you can ask your post office to hold any mail from USCIS. You probably need to request this in person. They will gladly do it. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, payxibka said:

USCIS envelopes do not allow the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to forward them from the intended recipient. If the envelope indicates “Return Service Requested”, the envelope will not be forwarded by USPS

Fortunately this is neither forwarding mail nor is it a change in the intended recipient.  

Doesn’t hurt to try. 

When my carrier misdelivers my USCIS mail I still get my USCIS mail.  Because I go to the post office.  

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Fortunately this is neither forwarding mail nor is it a change in the intended recipient.  

Doesn’t hurt to try. 

When my carrier misdelivers my USCIS mail I still get my USCIS mail.  Because I go to the post office.  

How many pieces of misdelivered uscis mail have you had?  Was it addressed to a wrong address?  

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

My husband filed an I-751 in May 2021.  June 1 we moved to a new address and filed a change of address online.  June 7 the I-797 for the I-751 with 18-month extension of the I-551 arrived in the mail from USCIS, and to our surprise it was forwarded by the US Postal Service as it was sent to the previous address.  So it is not true that USCIS mail is not forwardable.  Green cards, EAD cards, etc. are not forwarded (typically have DO NOT FORWARD on the envelope) but NOAs and similar notices are, at least based on very recent history (May and June 2021).  The wording "Return Service Requested" was not on the NOA envelope by the way, and it was sent from the USCIS National Benefits Center, Lee's Summit, MO.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Check online in the case status if the biometrics appointment letter has been sent.  You may ask for it to be mailed again or emailed so you can do that.  If the letter has a past date you can still go in with it.  Don’t mess around with rescheduling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.