stuckonyou

Biometrics and Green Card Interview - What does this usually look like?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have my biometrics appointment on 8/2, and then after that the wait for the green card interview begins. These past couple of days I've read a few posts on here about the green card interview, and it looks like they can be pretty tough compared to what I had imagined. 👀 I don't know if I've just read a few special cases or if this is normal, so I wanted to create a post and gather different points of view and experiences. I can add to this that my K1 visa interview back in Sweden lasted pretty much for only a few minutes, so I don't know if maybe I just had assumptions that if everything was okay the green card interview would be similar to that except that my husband would get to be with me the entire time. I know that we have nothing to hide and therefore should be okay, but I also remember vividly how nervous I was before the K1 interview, so... 😅

So tell me how the biometrics appointment and especially the green card interview was like for you, or if you happen to be very knowledgeable about these things feel free to write what it usually looks like and if there's anything that's good to think about beforehand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My K-1 interview in Sweden was much like yours, super easy and took like 5 minutes all in all. Seems like pretty much all K-1 interviews are like that at that embassy.

The AOS interview was exactly the same, only took a few more minutes because of all the small talk (my USC husband and the IO bonded over ridiculous stuff). He pretty much only asked me the questions that I had already answered on the form to confirm nothing had changed since I filed, and he asked what date we married etc. Very easy and smooth interview. 

He approved me on the spot and I received the approval text messages before I had even left the office. He handed me an approval notice, and then I got the "official" approval notice in the mail a few days later, and then the greencard a few days after that. 

Neither interview (K-1, AOS and citizenship) in my immigration journey has been though by any means, all smooth sailing. VERY happy with the Los Angeles field office.

Btw, visajourney has a section for reviews, both for embassies and field offices, where you can read reviews from your specific office.

Biometrics is just them taking your photo and fingerprints. Nothing more to say about it, really.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
53 minutes ago, stuckonyou said:

I have my biometrics appointment on 8/2, and then after that the wait for the green card interview begins. These past couple of days I've read a few posts on here about the green card interview, and it looks like they can be pretty tough compared to what I had imagined. 👀 I don't know if I've just read a few special cases or if this is normal, so I wanted to create a post and gather different points of view and experiences. I can add to this that my K1 visa interview back in Sweden lasted pretty much for only a few minutes, so I don't know if maybe I just had assumptions that if everything was okay the green card interview would be similar to that except that my husband would get to be with me the entire time. I know that we have nothing to hide and therefore should be okay, but I also remember vividly how nervous I was before the K1 interview, so... 😅

So tell me how the biometrics appointment and especially the green card interview was like for you, or if you happen to be very knowledgeable about these things feel free to write what it usually looks like and if there's anything that's good to think about beforehand.

Piece of cake.  Most of the time was spent going through the accuracy of the I-485 

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, stuckonyou said:

These past couple of days I've read a few posts on here about the green card interview, and it looks like they can be pretty tough compared to what I had imagined. 👀

You have to realize that people make posts here mainly because there is some issue and they need help and/or advice.

For most people the AOS interview goes smoothly and they do not need to post anything about it.  Mainly it's the long wait for for the interview that people have issues with.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Our interview was quick and easy! The IO was very friendly and personable. She quickly went over our application with us, and then asked us to describe our relationship - how we met and fell in love. She seemed to love our story and we were approved on the spot! Best of luck with yours!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.