Murph4865

Thank you

15 posts in this topic

Has she done the CFO yet? If not I think that she could probably start. I know you will have a very small window so if you haven't yet you should look into it.

2 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Has she done the CFO yet? If not I think that she could probably start. I know you will have a very small window so if you haven't yet you should look into it.

She did cfo back in 2017

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Best wishes to you.  The Journey is indeed harsh but as a CR-1 couple you will get a chance to bypass this nonsense us K1 couples are going through with the Adjustment of Status.

22 hours ago, bubblyheather said:

Good luck!!! few more days to her interview! I hope everything goes well :) 

She is in manila now just got to room waiting for friday morning, anxiety kicking in now 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

She is in manila now just got to room waiting for friday morning, anxiety kicking in now 

that's great! tell her to sleep early before the interview and be early on Friday. try to eat a little breakfast and be confident :) Everything will be alright. 

Congratulations.  We had a similar path and in our case, the visa was issued the same day as the interview.  All the background stuff was completed during the K-1.  Good luck to you and I am so glad to see you finally getting to the end!  IR-1 too!  That is awesome as we are now 90 days into ROC and you get to avoid that.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Congratulations.  We had a similar path and in our case, the visa was issued the same day as the interview.  All the background stuff was completed during the K-1.  Good luck to you and I am so glad to see you finally getting to the end!  IR-1 too!  That is awesome as we are now 90 days into ROC and you get to avoid that.  

Oh wow, and thank you this has been a journey i will never have to do again,  so since we had all background done already we could possibly have visa issued same day of interview crossing fingers.

That is how I believe it happened with us. AP was just a couple hours and I assume that is because all the heavy lifting was done during the K-1. They just quickly looked it over for changes. That is the only reason I can think of for the CR-1 AP to be so quick. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

17 hours ago, John & Rose said:

That is how I believe it happened with us. AP was just a couple hours and I assume that is because all the heavy lifting was done during the K-1. They just quickly looked it over for changes. That is the only reason I can think of for the CR-1 AP to be so quick. 

Would this be the alien number given to her?

Edited by Ontarkie
attachment removed, personal information showing

Yea that is it.  9 digits.  It will be listed as "registration number" on the visa.

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, bolero_pa said:

"Alien number". I always love that.

Nice photo. You'll be able to reach the high shelves, and she the low. LOL

Lmao i know i was like that with my mother and sister they was 4’10 sister and 5’0 for mom so i was always of use somewhere, thank you on comment on photo.  I never thought i would marry a ALIEN still have not found the Flying saucer yet, wife is only 4’9 i am almost 6’0

Edited by Murph4865
Forgot to add

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post containing personal information removed. PLease do not post anything with personal information. VJ is public and anyone can read it.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.