impactideas

NVC Processing Timeline for Expedite Requests

225 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone! 

Like many of us, I’ve been struggling to figure out how long it's taking for NVC to reply to the Expedite requests submitted to NVCExpedite@state.gov. 

I keep refreshing my mailbox, hoping that I would see a reply from NVC.  It’s been almost a month now and my thumb has gone numb, so I wanted to take this opportunity and start a new thread on VisaJourney to capture the current processing timeline for Expedite Requests only.

Please post the following:

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  June 14th 2021

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  Pending

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: Pending

Thank you,

This information will help us all in getting a clear picture on when to expect a reply from NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Visa type would also help. For example, K1's don't get expedite approvals because they are inherently expedited.  NVC just enters a case number and ID and sends it to the embassy as soon as the embassy is ready to handle the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 hours ago, impactideas said:

Absolutely! - Any information would help.

Have you also submitted an expedite request to NVC? (SteveInBostonI130

Yes, last year.   At the time, I was furloughed due to Covid and wanted my wife to get approved for us to start a small business together.  But our case got approved in about 6 weeks, before they acted on the request.  Then a couple weeks later I was back at work, which made the underlying expedite reason invalid for us to try to expedite the embassy stage. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, impactideas said:

Hi Everyone! 

Like many of us, I’ve been struggling to figure out how long it's taking for NVC to reply to the Expedite requests submitted to NVCExpedite@state.gov. 

I keep refreshing my mailbox, hoping that I would see a reply from NVC.  It’s been almost a month now and my thumb has gone numb, so I wanted to take this opportunity and start a new thread on VisaJourney to capture the current processing timeline for Expedite Requests only.

Please post the following:

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  June 14th 2021

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  Pending

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: Pending

Thank you,

This information will help us all in getting a clear picture on when to expect a reply from NVC.

I sent my K1 Expedite request on June 2nd and I received the acknowledgement and nothing since,  it stated to allow 15 working days, now the acknowledgment reads 30 working days, it's been 31 working days and nothing... Very frustrating!

If you hear something, please let us know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! 

I've been engaged on different websites trying to get any information on the NVC expedite response times.

This morning, an individual confirmed they've received a reply from NVC, the initial email that they had sent out was on June 8th, and they received a reply on July 28th. 

Wondering if any of you have received any update from NVC? -- I wanted to keep you all informed on what I've found. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

I created a thread to see others experiences with expedite request and someone directed me here!

* Date Email was sent to NVCExpedite@State.gov:  June 8th 2021 

* Date NVC Acknowledged and Replied:  July 28th 2021

* Date US Embassy/Consulate Approved Expedite: Pending

Our reason for expedite was financial hardship. We are currently waiting for interview at the Dublin, Ireland embassy that seems to have cleared their backlog. I'll be sure to update this thread once I hear back on their decision. 🙂

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 7/25/2021 at 11:36 PM, GulabLassi said:

I sent a request on July 05, 2021. Then we sent from Senator on July 22, 2021. No answer back at all.

i send it myself and rejected  and i send it via congresswomen and rejected  also by the embassy  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ahmed shaheen said:

i send it myself and rejected  and i send it via congresswomen and rejected  also by the embassy  

Mine was for the loss of a baby and needed him to be with me for burial. Will they still reject this?

14 minutes ago, GulabLassi said:

Mine was for the loss of a baby and needed him to be with me for burial. Will they still reject this?

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Please note that even if NVC or the embassy approves your expedite request, it doesn't mean that they will schedule an immediate interview for your spouse.  An expedited process could still take months to complete.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Please note that even if NVC or the embassy approves your expedite request, it doesn't mean that they will schedule an immediate interview for your spouse.  An expedited process could still take months to complete.

Yes, I figured that much sadly. I know I will go through the burial alone. :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi, just to update everyone I got a reply from the NVC (one day after being told it was being reviewed) and unfortunately was denied. I requested the expedite due to financial hardship. I knew it was a long shot, and there are people with much better reasons to request an expedite, but I'm glad I at least tried. 

Hopefully the NVC speeds back up and we are all back with our loved ones soon❤️

15 hours ago, GulabLassi said:

I am sorry for your loss and I pray that your expedite gets approved! 

After the loss of your child, you do need your spouse to be with you during this difficult time and that would qualify as a psychological and emotional hardship. 

i wish you all the best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.