SAM JBI

Need Some advice and help

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys I need some help I am green card holder and also I already applied for my removing condition receive my case number and extension letter.

I need to apply my father tourist visa for usa he wanna come here for month and visit me here. can anyone tell me how can I apply for tourist visa and what documents he needed or I need please I really appreciate your all help.

Thank you so much.

11 minutes ago, SAM JBI said:

can anyone tell me how can I apply for tourist visa and what documents he needed or I need please I really appreciate your all help.

He applies based on his residence and ties abroad: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html "Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa."

1 hour ago, @cummingsracquel said:

you need a valid passport, fill out ds160 form 

Correction:  the father (applicant) needs a valid passport and fills out the DS160 form.  OP is not part of the process of applying for a tourist visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi guys thank you for all your help one more question do I need to write him invitation letter which he need to show in embassy at the time of interview or any other document he need form me I need to give him take with hime to go the embassy at the time of interview.

Thank you so much for all yours help

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Unless your father can demonstrate that he is able to cover all expenses when he is in the US and that he has no intentions of staying, he should be able to get a visa. People who tend to get visas usually have to show that they have a job, own property or a business and have something to go back to.

If someone who wants to visit cannot show that,  I would think that a letter of invitation is better. The letter would indicate that the person requesting the invitation would cover all expenses and provide proof that he does have the funds.

Those are my thoughts.

5 hours ago, jakelake said:

I would think that a letter of invitation is better. The letter would indicate that the person requesting the invitation would cover all expenses and provide proof that he does have the funds.

Your thoughts are incorrect, as evidenced by the section of code that specifically states no invitation letter will be considered at the visa interview - this was quoted to you in another thread.

22 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Having a legitimate and qualified sponsor can increase the chances of getting the visitor visa.

Official US government source please?  There is no such thing  as a sponsor for a tourist visa.

This is what the official US government page  on visitor visas says:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a visitor visa. If you choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember it is not one of the factors used in determining whether to issue or deny the visa.

23 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Having a legitimate and qualified sponsor can increase the chances of getting the visitor visa.

No legitimate US government (.gov) site states that. You probably copied that from a site like path2usa.com

It goes without saying that info from the US government (i.e. the Department of State) far outweighs info from some third party site. Official Department of State site: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourism-visit/visitor.html

3 hours ago, jakelake said:

Wrong again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I know many people who have received visas after letters from a family member in the US were written for them. That is after having been denied from previous requests.

It's not official but it seems that getting a letter of invite helped their cases.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.