J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A long wait from NOA1-NOA2 and total silence while it was at the NVC, but since then things have been moving fairly quickly. Interview in 6 days. After the visa is received we need to do the CFO thing (unique to the Philippines) and we are done.

7/22/2021  Filed K1

7/26/2021  NOA1 Received

10/27/2022  NOA2 Received (458 days since NOA1)

1/31/2023  Forwarded to Embassy in Manila (96 since NOA2)

2/19/2023  DS-160 paid for, completed and electronically signed by beneficiary

2/27/2023  Attorney secures interview for 3/9. Must be rescheduled (date conflicts with NBI & Medical)

3/5/2023  Attorney secures rescheduled interview for 3/16

3/9/2023  First day of Medical @ St. Lukes. 4 hours x-ray/vitals/bloodwork/physical/medical history

3/10/2023  Second day of Medical @ St. Lukes. 1.5 hours, received vaccinations that she had no records for.

3/16/2023  Interview @ 6:30AM (598 days since NOA1, 140 days since NOA2)

Edited by MarJhi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
15 hours ago, omya said:

Good luck!

Thank you, going through this process one can never have too much luck.

I read your timeline and saw yall got got approved recently. I am so happy for yall!!!

I was wondering on what day were you able to schedule appointment for 3/6? I ask because rest of yall timeline seems to be just 1 month ahead of us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good morning everyone,

Best news ever today. We received the letter for our interview at the consulate in Juarez Mexico on May 9th. I can see the finish line from here. 😁 Fingers crossed for the rest of the process. I will continue to update my process with you. Thanks to everyone and especially Cheddy for all his hard work on the updates he provides. God bless everyone.

Alex

1 hour ago, AlexEPTX said:

Good morning everyone,

Best news ever today. We received the letter for our interview at the consulate in Juarez Mexico on May 9th. I can see the finish line from here. 😁 Fingers crossed for the rest of the process. I will continue to update my process with you. Thanks to everyone and especially Cheddy for all his hard work on the updates he provides. God bless everyone.

Alex

Very exciting!! Congrats !

Timeline

My fiance had her interview today and we are approved! 2 hours from start to finish, everyone was nice and it was pretty easy.

Now she okay from the US side, now we get to do the CFO (once she gets her visa) and get approved from the Philippines side. As soon as the CFO is done I will be getting her the quickest flight out of there. 

22 hours ago, MarJhi said:

My fiance had her interview today and we are approved! 2 hours from start to finish, everyone was nice and it was pretty easy.

Now she okay from the US side, now we get to do the CFO (once she gets her visa) and get approved from the Philippines side. As soon as the CFO is done I will be getting her the quickest flight out of there. 

How did the interview go?  Were questions difficult ?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sanda2022 said:

How did the interview go?  Were questions difficult ?

She said it went really well, lots of nerves but everyone was very nice. 

After going through security they wait for a pre interview,  which asked for documents like her passport, Cenomar, NBI clearance, the brown envelope from the medical, receipt for DS-160 and 2x2 visa style photos. She said the lady wasn't looking at her,  she was reading off of a computer screen and having my fiance confirm what she was reading. She would read off my address and say "is this his address? Then she would read off her address and say "is this your address?" She wasn't really asking questions so much as verifying what was on her screen.

After that some more waiting then you do the biometrics, finger scanning, passport scanning. 

Now a little more waiting and then you go to the final interview which lasted maybe 5 minutes. The lady asked her..

When did you meet your fiancé?

How did you meet your fiancé?

When did you meet in person?

When was the last time you met in person?

Why has he waited so long to come see you again? (Pandemic started)

Do you have any proof of ongoing relationship? She showed her screenshots of whatsapp chats I sent her. I took a screenshot of one whatsapp chat per month back to 2019, put 4 of them per page. I made sure some of the screenshots had pictures of both of us in them and date/timestamps. She said the lady flipped through it  couple of times and said this looks good.

After that the lady said she was approved, gave her a pamphlet on domestic violence to read told her she can go. The whole thing lasted a little over 2 hours start to finish. 

She said there were lots of people who were unprepared, didn't bring this or that document. My fiance brought a large file folder, organized and labeled  everything,  had multiple copies of everything including passport/visa style photos with her so if there was a surprise request she could quickly find it. One thing she was asked for we didn't anticipate was the actual bank receipt for the payment of the DS-160, not just the payment confirmation letter. But she had the receipt with her in the file so it was all good. She saw 3 people get rejected for not having something, they told them to go get it and bring it back when they have it. 

Timeline

Finally got appointment date on 3/17 for 5/10

For people who want to know took us from 3/1 to 3/17 of looking on "Embassy website reloading and refreshing" to finally get a date open.

So excited!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sanda2022 said:

Curious for those who have passed nvc stage and now have interview appointments - how long was the total nvc stage for you? Is it truly taking 90 days plus or does it vary? 

for us took 90ish days so yes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

89 days for me. Then 54 days before we got an interview date from the consulate in Juarez Mexico.

Edited by AlexEPTX

Timeline
2 hours ago, Emily Sakima said:

For anyone who's k1 visa has been denied unfairly, did you ever try to contact the embassy supervisor for a review of your case? If yes did it make any difference?

Well for anyone to help they would have to know what the reason for the denial was. "denied unfairly" isn't much to go on.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Total for this month: 29 Untouched, 2551 Approvals, 154 RFESs, 50 RFERs, 402 Denials, 7 Expedites(Denied: 6 / Approved: 1), 169 Withdrawals, 54 Others

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.