Abisflores

JUNE 2021 I-130 PETITION FOR PARENTS OF USC

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

June 13, 2021 Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent

Forgot to change address in my profile so receipt notice got sent to the wrong address in a different state. And from the online copy looks like the case got sent to Potomac so that sucks. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 7:04 PM, lisbethk said:

June 13, 2021 Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent

Forgot to change address in my profile so receipt notice got sent to the wrong address in a different state. And from the online copy looks like the case got sent to Potomac so that sucks. 

Oh no! Hope you’re still able to get your receipt notices from your old address. Good luck! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 11:34 PM, jess2go said:

Oh no! Hope you’re still able to get your receipt notices from your old address. Good luck! 

Thank you! Luckily they scan the letter into the online account so I could read it there. The old address was so old I changed the address one more time since then :D

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Abisflores said:

The waiting makes me so anxious. I’m about to give birth and i’m hoping my parents will be here in the US atleast before I go back to work. 😭

Congratulations!

Are your parents visiting on a visa or are you expecting their I-130s to be approved before you give birth? Chances are unlikely but I’ll cross my fingers and hope for the best for you. 

5 hours ago, Abisflores said:

The waiting makes me so anxious. I’m about to give birth and i’m hoping my parents will be here in the US atleast before I go back to work. 😭

Manila is way backed up for IR5. Wifes parents have July 2019 priority date and DQd in March 2021 and still waiting on interview date.  Good luck. 

Applied on the 27th of June for both parents. Online receipt shows Potomac as the SV, which has a current processing time of 13-17 months. My cases are pretty straightforward but they may not even start to work on them for a year or so as I understand.

Hope they expedite the parent applications because we could not file for a long time because of the ban previous administration placed. Good luck to all.

1 hour ago, sameay said:

Applied on the 27th of June for both parents. Online receipt shows Potomac as the SV, which has a current processing time of 13-17 months. My cases are pretty straightforward but they may not even start to work on them for a year or so as I understand.

Hope they expedite the parent applications because we could not file for a long time because of the ban previous administration placed. Good luck to all.

The ban did not prevent filing, just visa issuance. Unfortunately all cases are backlogged now. 

3 hours ago, sameay said:

we could not file for a long time because of the ban previous administration placed.

You could have filed last year.  There was never any ban for filing the petition.  The ban only affected those cases with petitions already approved.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, jess2go said:

Awesome! Good luck to us! Here's mine:

June 10, 2021 Submitted two I-130 Petitions for both parents. 

Case History:  

June 10, 2021 We received your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and sent you a receipt notice.

June 24, 2021 Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

That’s so fast. What’s your service center? Did you hear anything after the June 24 notice?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Applied online on Jun 15th for both parents. 

My father’s case is shows “As of July 1, 2021, we are actively reviewing your Form I-130”

But mother's case has not changed yet. “Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Sent” 

Does anyone have the same issue? Or for your both parents status has been changed. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.