Joe Kano

4% of Population is Vaccinated - Really Pathetic

69 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Talako said:

I dont know why people would be looking forward to hitting this goal. Other countries that have it like Singapore 80%+ vaccinated are having far more new cases than countries like Indonesia thats only 17% vaccinated and they are still undergoing restrictions and lockdowns. Until governments start exiting their sunk cost fallacy mentality, they will not return to normal or a "new normal"

11 hours ago, Jays0n said:

I dont know why people would be looking forward to hitting this goal. Other countries that have it like Singapore 80%+ vaccinated are having far more new cases than countries like Indonesia thats only 17% vaccinated and they are still undergoing restrictions and lockdowns. Until governments start exiting their sunk cost fallacy mentality, they will not return to normal or a "new normal"

So True:  Philippines plan for the pandemic has been to curl up in the fetal position in a ball and lay on the ground and do nothing.

Your government leaders need to man up and decide to deal and live and move on in life, you can't stay locked down for  years and years.  Hoping the virus will go away, you just have to find a way to live with it.  And yes people will die, it just part of life

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Singapore does have some issues, its probably the closest country on earth that could be considered utopia. 

It's amazing what good governance can accomplish. Also a population that's willing to act for the greater good.

Edited by AKteacher

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-03-10 Case "touched"

2010-04-13 Case "touched"

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-01 K-1 Interview at US Embassy Manila

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-08 POE: San Francisco, CA

2010-07-31 Married

2010-09-24 Sent AOS Package (I-185, I-765)

2010-09-27 AOS Package Received at Chicago Lockbox

2010-10-04 NOA (Notice of Receipt) date for I-485 & I-765

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

2010-12-22 I-485 Interview at Anchorage, AK

2010-12-27 2-yr Green Card Issued

2011-01-10 Green Card Received

2011-05-19 Vacation to Philippines

2011-07-02 Return from Philippines to US

1 hour ago, AKteacher said:

It's amazing what good governance can accomplish. Also a population that's willing to act for the greater good.

Completely agree.  Also with a country that takes education seriously.  I find the people in Singapore look out for their neighbor quite well, although as mentioned before its not perfect but pretty close.  Very rarely do you find an expat that did not like it.  Most try to extend their assignment as long as possible or try to stay longer by switching companies.  Its an excellent place for families as well.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

18 hours ago, AKteacher said:

There are numerous cases through out history of a nation's population acting for what they are told is "the greater good" that didn't end very well.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
38 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

There are numerous cases through out history of a nation's population acting for what they are told is "the greater good" that didn't end very well.

Really? Told by whom? Mao or Hitler? Or virtually all of the scientific and medical community, like today's vaccines?

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-31 Married

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

On 9/25/2021 at 12:02 PM, jg121783 said:

These people put blind trust into an authority figure as the sole arbiter of truth when 5 minutes of research shows how deceitful and evil these scientists, doctors, and politicians are.

Philippines has 2490858 cases and 37405 deaths = 1.5% chance of dying. This percent goes massively lower when adding in asymptomatic and people who didn’t go to hospital(both not being reported) plus people dying who happen to have covid being counted as a covid death.

It’s scary how easily manipulated the masses are who have been gaslighted by the media and government into this hoax. Thankfully places like Denmark and surrounding countries have announced and are getting rid of all restrictions and returning to normal. Hopefully it sets a trend with every country soon following. 

Timeline

Covid-19  vaccine rollout here in Philippines showing progress at least. In my city for example it's easier to get a covid-19  jab now. I supposed to get my first dose today but due to my recent 2 immunization shots from Saintlukes  the lady nurse at the vaccine site asked me to come back next week but because of my upcoming interview at USEM. I'll get it on a later date. 

7 hours ago, BJ&V said:

Covid-19  vaccine rollout here in Philippines showing progress at least. In my city for example it's easier to get a covid-19  jab now. I supposed to get my first dose today but due to my recent 2 immunization shots from Saintlukes  the lady nurse at the vaccine site asked me to come back next week but because of my upcoming interview at USEM. I'll get it on a later date. 

My companion in Batangas Province is suppose to get her vaccine sometime in October.  She said in her area if you get covid or two in the same area they will lockdown the whole block.

Also if you die and test positive for Covid then you are cremated and not allowed to be buried or have funeral with a body, I found that quite odd and strange

Timeline
14 hours ago, Jays0n said:

These people put blind trust into an authority figure as the sole arbiter of truth when 5 minutes of research shows how deceitful and evil these scientists, doctors, and politicians are.

Philippines has 2490858 cases and 37405 deaths = 1.5% chance of dying. This percent goes massively lower when adding in asymptomatic and people who didn’t go to hospital(both not being reported) plus people dying who happen to have covid being counted as a covid death.

It’s scary how easily manipulated the masses are who have been gaslighted by the media and government into this hoax. Thankfully places like Denmark and surrounding countries have announced and are getting rid of all restrictions and returning to normal. Hopefully it sets a trend with every country soon following. 

Gee, 1.5% sounds so low... let's do the math. 110,000,000 people x 1.5% = 1,650,000 deaths, perhaps somewhat lower. Potentially a million and a half deaths, and many more people that don't die but are sickened and some never fully recover.  Do you think most people would consider that to be insignificant?

Hoax? You seem to be saying that the consensus of virtually all (except a fringe minority) of doctors and scientists that say otherwise is all just some sort of hoax? Sounds pretty crazy to me.

Now, it is debatable whether the lockdowns are on balance beneficial, or the extent to which lockdowns, masking, and vaccines are worth the trouble. But please spare us the misleading statistics, and the paranoid crazy-talk that this is all just a hoax.

Edited by AKteacher

2010-03-02 I-129F Sent

2010-03-08 NOA1

2010-03-09 Check Cashed

2010-04-15 NOA2

2010-04-21 NVC Received

2010-06-08 Visa Issued

2010-07-31 Married

2010-10-07 Touch

2010-12-22 Biometrics

1 hour ago, AKteacher said:

Gee, 1.5% sounds so low... let's do the math. 110,000,000 people x 1.5% = 1,650,000 deaths, perhaps somewhat lower. Potentially a million and a half deaths, and many more people that don't die but are sickened and some never fully recover.  Do you think most people would consider that to be insignificant?

Hoax? You seem to be saying that the consensus of virtually all (except a fringe minority) of doctors and scientists that say otherwise is all just some sort of hoax? Sounds pretty crazy to me.

Now, it is debatable whether the lockdowns are on balance beneficial, or the extent to which lockdowns, masking, and vaccines are worth the trouble. But please spare us the misleading statistics, and the paranoid crazy-talk that this is all just a hoax.

That death rate is calculated from confirmed cases. Not everyone gets tested for covid. In 2018-2019 flu season CDC estimated 35 million Americans got it. Note they said estimated because not everyone gets tested for flu. So who knows how many people got covid. It is believed death rate is a lot lower than that for majority of population except for frail and elderly people. You're assuming covid will infect every single individual in Philippines. I never heard of a virus with 100% infection rate. 35 million Americans got flu. That's like 11% of USA population. For sake of argument covid is more contagious and infects 25% of Philippines population instead of 11%. So 27,500,000 people eventually caught covid. That 412,000 deaths using 1.5% death rate based on confirmed cases. Covid have been here for over 18 months and 37k deaths so far. That's around flu or tuberculosis like severity. You could say it's because of lockdown but the country is under lockdown for 18 months and nothing to show for it. Covid is still spreading and daily cases are getting higher despite vaccines, mask and strict lockdown.

3 hours ago, AKteacher said:

Might want to check your numbers there. It is highly unlikely there will be a 100% infection rate.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.