Kudla

I-131/Re-Entry Permit?

53 posts in this topic

How long is it taking to get a biometrics appointment these days?  In the beginning of COVID, the times were all over the place

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline

anyone knows how long we can expect to get fingerprint appointment? Sent on Dec 1, received Notice of receipt on Dec 4. Any change it could be January? It's the nebraska service center. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 12/9/2021 at 9:49 PM, jacobson00 said:

anyone knows how long we can expect to get fingerprint appointment? Sent on Dec 1, received Notice of receipt on Dec 4. Any change it could be January? It's the nebraska service center. 

Same question. Received NOA1 end of October, but nothing yet on Biometrics... 😕

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 12/15/2021 at 10:50 PM, pinetime said:

Same question. Received NOA1 end of October, but nothing yet on Biometrics... 😕

wow since October and still nothing? that's 3 months?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Unfortunately we still have not heard back. However, it has only been a little over 2 months, hoping we hear back after the holidays soon! 

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 11:57 PM, Kudla said:

So, I could see this update for my I-131 application, this morning.

'As of July 22, 2021, fingerprints relating to your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document, Receipt Number LINXXX, have been applied to your case. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.'.

So considering, I came into US, 5 weeks back, can I travel out of US now and get the return permit shipped to me, as and when I receive the same?

My application is pending with 'Nebraska Service Center' and am worried how long will this take. I was planning my return with re-entry permit. 

Does pending re-entry permit application help getting admitted back to US?

I have been staying outside of US for 8+ months now, and my re-entry permit is pending decision since 07/22/21.

Should I have to wait for my re-entry permit OR can I risk traveling now?

Please advise.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 3/22/2022 at 11:50 AM, Kudla said:

My application is pending with 'Nebraska Service Center' and am worried how long will this take. I was planning my return with re-entry permit. 

Does pending re-entry permit application help getting admitted back to US?

I have been staying outside of US for 8+ months now, and my re-entry permit is pending decision since 07/22/21.

Should I have to wait for my re-entry permit OR can I risk traveling now?

Please advise.

I returned back to states a week back. But my re-entry permit application is still pending with NSC. It's been 9+ months now. 

Any here got their re-entry permit in the recent past? Is there any way we can expedite this process? 

Please advise.

Timeline
8 hours ago, maEL said:

I applied June 2020.  Got my reentry permit January 2022.

That's quite a lot of time. Almost 18+ months. Which processing center was this?

Timeline

My application for re-entry permit is pending since 07/01/2021 at NSC. It's been 10+ months now.

When I see the case processing times, I see ONLY 'refugee travel document' and 'advance parole' timelines. There is NO mention of 're-entry permit' timelines. Any reason for this?

Also, looking at the timelines can any here, please help me with approximate time for my re-entry application to be processed?

Nebraska Processing Time.jpg

Edited by Kudla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Please keep us updated Kudla

Click to expand I-751 ROC Timeline

Spoiler

I-751 ROC application

May 13, 2019: Opening of 90 day window to send application

May 25, 2019: [Day 0] Sent I-751 package to Phoenix via USPS Priority

May 31, 2019: [Day 6] NOA1 received (18 mo extension) & check cashed

June 09, 2019: [Day 15]  Biometrics Waived Letter Received, service center "NBC", text reading "This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics appointment."

Sept 13, 2019:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Apr 7, 2020:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Mar 5, 2021:  Interview scheduled for April 16, 2021.

Apr 16, 2021:  Interview in Portland, OR. Refused entry to USCIS office due to have traveled abroad in the past 10 days. No interview. However, a few hours after refusal, received notice of approval and card produced!  

Apr 20, 2021:  Card mailed! "On April 20, 2021, we mailed your new card for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE"

Click to expand AOS Timeline / I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Spoiler

I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Mar 6, 2018: [Day -2] Sent I-131 package to Dallas Lockbox via USPS Priority

Mar 8, 2018: [Day 0] Package received at Dallas Lockbox

Mar 12, 2018: [Day 4] Credit card charged application fee

Mar 13, 2018: [Day 5] Text received confirming receipt

Mar 23, 2018: [Day 15] ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics appointment on Apr 11

Apr 18, 2018: [Day 41] Missed Apr 11 appt (on vacation), walked in Manhattan office with no appt, completed biometrics no problem

Jun 29, 2018: [Day 112] Received I-327 Travel Document / Reentry Permit (REP)

----------------------------

On 4/30/2022 at 5:40 AM, Kudla said:

I returned back to states a week back. But my re-entry permit application is still pending with NSC. It's been 9+ months now. 

Any here got their re-entry permit in the recent past? Is there any way we can expedite this process? 

Please advise.

Hi. Did you have any problem on passport control? You were outside the US more than 7 months. What did the officer ask you? What did you answer?

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 5/14/2022 at 6:20 AM, dunebuggy said:

Please keep us updated Kudla

Sure. Which is your I-131 processing center?

On 5/15/2022 at 1:20 PM, VSedakov said:

Hi. Did you have any problem on passport control? You were outside the US more than 7 months. What did the officer ask you? What did you answer?

They asked me where I had been and what was the reason for the travel. I said that it was personal visit and the delay was coz of the pandemic related restrictions.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
11 hours ago, Kudla said:

Sure. Which is your I-131 processing center?

Thanks, it's Nebraska. Fingerprint fee received May 21 2022

Click to expand I-751 ROC Timeline

Spoiler

I-751 ROC application

May 13, 2019: Opening of 90 day window to send application

May 25, 2019: [Day 0] Sent I-751 package to Phoenix via USPS Priority

May 31, 2019: [Day 6] NOA1 received (18 mo extension) & check cashed

June 09, 2019: [Day 15]  Biometrics Waived Letter Received, service center "NBC", text reading "This notice informs you that USCIS is able to reuse your previously captured fingerprints and other biometrics. USCIS will run the same security checks and use your biometric data as in the past, however, it is not necessary for you to appear at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics appointment."

Sept 13, 2019:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Apr 7, 2020:  Notice that I-751 was transferred to another office "That office now has jurisdiction over your case" 

Mar 5, 2021:  Interview scheduled for April 16, 2021.

Apr 16, 2021:  Interview in Portland, OR. Refused entry to USCIS office due to have traveled abroad in the past 10 days. No interview. However, a few hours after refusal, received notice of approval and card produced!  

Apr 20, 2021:  Card mailed! "On April 20, 2021, we mailed your new card for your Form I751, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE"

Click to expand AOS Timeline / I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Spoiler

I-131 Reentry Permit Timeline

Mar 6, 2018: [Day -2] Sent I-131 package to Dallas Lockbox via USPS Priority

Mar 8, 2018: [Day 0] Package received at Dallas Lockbox

Mar 12, 2018: [Day 4] Credit card charged application fee

Mar 13, 2018: [Day 5] Text received confirming receipt

Mar 23, 2018: [Day 15] ASC Appointment Notice for biometrics appointment on Apr 11

Apr 18, 2018: [Day 41] Missed Apr 11 appt (on vacation), walked in Manhattan office with no appt, completed biometrics no problem

Jun 29, 2018: [Day 112] Received I-327 Travel Document / Reentry Permit (REP)

----------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.