16 posts in this topic

Hola a todos, 

Alguno aquí ha tenido problemas al intentar obtener un certificado de policía de un país diferente del que actualmente reside?

He hecho todo en mi poder para conseguir uno de Dubai,  pero ninguno de los cuerpos de policía de Chile realiza el procedimiento de toma de huellas como lo requiere Dubai (que es un cacho). Tampoco lo hace el registro civil para uso en el extranjero. He hablado muchas veces con la embajada de EAU en Chile y no tienen idea de cómo ayudarme.  Es más, estoy más informada yo sobre este trámite que ellos.

¿Podría ser este un problema el día de la entrevista si me presento sin el certificado? El único problema que tuve en Dubai fue dejar una tarjeta de crédito pequeña sin pagar.  Para ellos es un asunto serio, más de lo que es en otros países,  pero no estoy segura cuán serio será para el departamento de visas Norteamericano. Aprecio cualquier comentario sobre este tema. 

Buena suerte a todos. 

Hi everyone, 

Anyone here having trouble on getting their police clearance from a country different than the one you're currently residing?

I've done everything in my power to get this certificate from the UAE (Dubai) but none of the police sections in Chile can help me with the fingerprint requirements neither the civil registration department. I've talked several times with the UAE Embassy in Chile and they have no idea how to help me. Actually,  I'm more informed on this procedure than they are.

Could this be an issue the day of my interview? The one problem I have in Dubai was leaving a small credit card unpaid. For them is a serious matter, even more than it is in other countries  but not sure if for the US visa department is. I'd appreciate any comments regarding this topic. 

Good luck to all.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unless something had recently changed,  according to the Department of State,  

Court/ Police Certificates

Available: Only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

for another member 

UAE does not give it out if you are out of the country 

so the person attended interview and was put into AP while the DOS did the security clearance investigation

took it 11 months and that was pre covid

so,  expect a long wait saying refused till the security checks are done

and then expect the embassy to say new medical (recent one) will be needed if they have are inclined to approve the visa (it still is not guaranteed as other things change in a year so stay out of trouble and stay healthy)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

for another member 

UAE does not give it out if you are out of the country 

so the person attended interview and was put into AP while the DOS did the security clearance investigation

took it 11 months and that was pre covid

so, expect a long wait saying refused till the security checks are done

and then expect the embassy to say new medical (recent one) will be needed if they have are inclined to approve the visa (it still is not guaranteed as other things change in a year so stay out of trouble and stay healthy)

This is a frequent situation and this is the first time anyone has claimed the lack of a UAE police certificate caused extensive AP.  One occurrence does not a trend make.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
4 hours ago, payxibka said:

This is a frequent situation and this is the first time anyone has claimed the lack of a UAE police certificate caused extensive AP.  One occurrence does not a trend make.

didn't say trend but it did happen to a VJ member 

too bad people don't always post embassy reviews and keep up with timelines 

and the other thing is it was not for Morocco member but other country

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the IMBRA subforum to the K-1 Process forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Veronka said:

Hola a todos, 

Alguno aquí ha tenido problemas al intentar obtener un certificado de policía de un país diferente del que actualmente reside?

He hecho todo en mi poder para conseguir uno de Dubai,  pero ninguno de los cuerpos de policía de Chile realiza el procedimiento de toma de huellas como lo requiere Dubai (que es un cacho). Tampoco lo hace el registro civil para uso en el extranjero. He hablado muchas veces con la embajada de EAU en Chile y no tienen idea de cómo ayudarme.  Es más, estoy más informada yo sobre este trámite que ellos.

¿Podría ser este un problema el día de la entrevista si me presento sin el certificado? El único problema que tuve en Dubai fue dejar una tarjeta de crédito pequeña sin pagar.  Para ellos es un asunto serio, más de lo que es en otros países,  pero no estoy segura cuán serio será para el departamento de visas Norteamericano. Aprecio cualquier comentario sobre este tema. 

Buena suerte a todos. 

Hi everyone, 

Anyone here having trouble on getting their police clearance from a country different than the one you're currently residing?

I've done everything in my power to get this certificate from the UAE (Dubai) but none of the police sections in Chile can help me with the fingerprint requirements neither the civil registration department. I've talked several times with the UAE Embassy in Chile and they have no idea how to help me. Actually,  I'm more informed on this procedure than they are.

Could this be an issue the day of my interview? The one problem I have in Dubai was leaving a small credit card unpaid. For them is a serious matter, even more than it is in other countries  but not sure if for the US visa department is. I'd appreciate any comments regarding this topic. 

Good luck to all.

1) DoS website says that Police certificates are only available should you be physically present in UAE. Are you able to travel there to get the police certificate? It appears there is no exemption from producing it.

2) Regardless of what DoS website says (Not sure why there is this discrepancy), I know several people here in Canada who have obtained police clearances from UAE online, apparently through a very simple process. I can find out more should you be interested, but the info May only be relevant to those living in Canada.

3) Havé you tried calling NVC to confirm whether or not the submission of UAE police clearance is mandatory for you?

Timeline

@Veronka

Have you tried this - https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/justice-safety-and-the-law/police-clearance-certificate

Looks like it can be obtained remotely rather easily...

For fingerprints, it sounds like you need to go to an official commissioner of oaths or some such organisation authorised to conduct fingerprinting. I know several such organisations in Canada (my country of residence). A Google search should help you find one in Chile.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@Veronka

Have you tried this - https://u.ae/en/information-and-services/justice-safety-and-the-law/police-clearance-certificate

Looks like it can be obtained remotely rather easily...

For fingerprints, it sounds like you need to go to an official commissioner of oaths or some such organisation authorised to conduct fingerprinting. I know several such organisations in Canada (my country of residence). A Google search should help you find one in Chile.

Yea, I'm aware it can be requested remotely but as I mentioned in my post there is no way I can get my fingertips done in Chile.:( thanks for the link though.

2 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

1) DoS website says that Police certificates are only available should you be physically present in UAE. Are you able to travel there to get the police certificate? It appears there is no exemption from producing it.

2) Regardless of what DoS website says (Not sure why there is this discrepancy), I know several people here in Canada who have obtained police clearances from UAE online, apparently through a very simple process. I can find out more should you be interested, but the info May only be relevant to those living in Canada.

3) Havé you tried calling NVC to confirm whether or not the submission of UAE police clearance is mandatory for you?

Yea, the process is not that complicated if I could get my fingerprints done but in Chile I can't.  I'll try the third option. Thank you!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If this is for a K-1 visa, then you probably want to contact your consulate about what is required from you. K-1 applicants do not submit documents to the NVC.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline
5 hours ago, Veronka said:

Yea, I'm aware it can be requested remotely but as I mentioned in my post there is no way I can get my fingertips done in Chile.:( thanks for the link though.

I see.

Here in Canada, one would get fingerprints for a police certificate from a notary public/ commissioner of oaths. I did this when applying for police certificates for Singapore (similar process to what it is for UAE, apply online and send fingerprints taken by an authorised party).

Try finding one in your country (notaria?)

Another option - have you tried asking the US embassy? Here they would refuse, but not sure in Chile if you are having difficulty everywhere else. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, KayDeeCee said:

If this is for a K-1 visa, then you probably want to contact your consulate about what is required from you. K-1 applicants do not submit documents to the NVC.

Sorry, I said NVC because I am more familiar with IR1/CR1 process. Yes, from what little I know about K1, it sounds like US Embassy maybe the right one to contact.

20 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I see.

Here in Canada, one would get fingerprints for a police certificate from a notary public/ commissioner of oaths. I did this when applying for police certificates for Singapore (similar process to what it is for UAE, apply online and send fingerprints taken by an authorised party).

Try finding one in your country (notaria?)

Another option - have you tried asking the US embassy? Here they would refuse, but not sure in Chile if you are having difficulty everywhere else. 

That's another good option.  It doesn't hurt to try, right? I'll see if they can give me more information regarding to this issue over the phone. Thx!

Timeline

@Veronka

Here's another lead. A friend here in Canada, applying for Canadian citizenship had to submit police clearance certificated from UAE because he used to work there, but now resides in Canada. This is the link from where he obtained it. No fingerprints required. You apply online, and a copy of teh police clearance is sent to you electronically. You take that to the UAE consulate in your region, and they give you an original. It was accepted by Canada and he is now a citizen of Canada.

https://www.moi.gov.ae/en/eservices/issuance.clearcriminalrecord.certificate.348.aspx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.