Gail48

Green card information

59 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, Sexy G said:

How can I close off this account? can't deal with the rudeness of some ppl. 

@Sexy G, you don’t need to close your account. You did nothing wrong. You came to the forum to ask a question. And like I said before, we don’t all speak “immigration” so you didn’t quite know how to ask your question. And that is OK.

Keep asking questions. Read through the threads. There is very valuable information in visa journey. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

3 hours ago, Sexy G said:

Exactly, not sure why they are being so mean and rude on here. I really thought this was a kind way to get proper information but I guess wrong. Smh

No one is being rude.  Maybe it is the language barrier, but your first post makes is sound very much like you want to remarry him for the purpose of getting a green card, which, if you do this, is fraud.

3 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

I do not know why all the unkind responses. Honestly. We should all be helping each other around here! :) 

So yes, you two would need to marry again. You have a B2 visa. Remember, you cannot enter the US with the intent to marry him and stay. Now, if he proposes to you and plans change, that is a different story. Plans change all the time. 

No one has been unkind.  She made it sound like the purpose of marrying him again would be to get a green card.  As everyone knows, this is immigration fraud.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

No one has been unkind.  She made it sound like the purpose of marrying him again would be to get a green card.  As everyone knows, this is immigration fraud.

That’s not what I understood from her post. Let’s agree to disagree. 😎

I-751 Joint Filing.

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

1 minute ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

In the original post, she states that she is divorced and asks whether she would have to get married again to get the GC.  Not sure how you could be confused about that, but okay 😉

6 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

No one is being rude.  Maybe it is the language barrier, but your first post makes is sound very much like you want to remarry him for the purpose of getting a green card, which, if you do this, is fraud.

The first post, summarized, was “can I still get a green card even though I’m divorced or do I need to remarry to get it”. Not sure why people are surprised by the response.

Anyway, I feel sorry for people who think people here are “mean” and are yet to face a suspicious CO or uscis IO. Wake up call ahead. 

as I said, most likely one of two outcomes if this proceeds depending on how the OP deals with the interview. A green card, or an inability to visit the US again.

1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

In the original post, she states that she is divorced and asks whether she would have to get married again to get the GC.  Not sure how you could be confused about that, but okay 😉

Like you said, I must have a language barrier, too. 😎

I-751 Joint Filing.

5 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Ok, maybe you’re just much nicer than me, but curious as to how you interpret the bold, which is the actual question in the OP?

12 hours ago, Gail48 said:

Hi, how are you? I have a question I was married my ex-husband was a green card holder when we got married. He applies for his citizenship while we were married. I file for divorce and we were divorce. He ends up getting through with his citizenship. I'm I likely by any chance would get through with my green card even though I'm divorced now? Oh, we will have to get married again for me to get through?

1 minute ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Like you said, I must have a language barrier, too. 😎

The English language is full of nuances - not an easy language to learn.

15 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Ok, maybe you’re just much nicer than me, but curious as to how you interpret the bold, which is the actual question in the OP?

Sure, and I mentioned my interpretation earlier. To me, OP is not aware of how it all works. She said her husband applied for naturalization and listed her on the form. He got his green card. Does this mean she will get one because he listed her on the form?

And that’s why I explained to OP that his N-400 would not do anything for her. Even if they were still married, he would need to file the I-130 for her and go from there.

Anyway, that’s how I interpreted her questions. I did not focus on one line but tried to understand where she was coming from. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

9 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

Sure, and I mentioned my interpretation earlier. To me, OP is not aware of how it all works. She said her husband applied for naturalization and listed her on the form. He got his green card. Does this mean she will get one because he listed her on the form?

And that’s why I explained to OP that his N-400 would not do anything for her. Even if they were still married, he would need to file the I-130 for her and go from there.

Anyway, that’s how I interpreted her questions. I did not focus on one line but tried to understand where she was coming from. 

So you have a different interpretation of her motives, not of what she actually said. Ok that’s more understandable.

3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

So you have a different interpretation of her motives, not of what she actually said. Ok that’s more understandable.

I didn’t jump to conclusions based on her initial message. I can tell when someone does not quite know how to ask what they want to ask.

I’m just trying to be helpful and respectful of someone who asked a question they did not quite know how to ask. That’s all. 😊

I-751 Joint Filing.

7 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

I didn’t jump to conclusions based on her initial message. I can tell when someone does not quite know how to ask what they want to ask.

I’m just trying to be helpful and respectful of someone who asked a question they did not quite know how to ask. That’s all. 😊

Interpretation again. I thought the question was quite clear despite the obvious second language issue, and I haven’t seen much to change my mind since then. Anyway up to the IO (who might not exactly be “nice” and “helpful” ) to decide.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~This thread is locked for TOS Violations and OP's Duplicate account and main account have been closed.~~

Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.