2,965 posts in this topic

Just now, StanSmith said:

But there’s a chance they still can approve in different jurisdiction?

Depends on the Officer. Just go to the interview, and do the process. It Will be fine.

Filed: Other Timeline
10 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

My mailing address is my attorney address which is in that state😅 thank you guys for peace of mind! I’m super nervous right now I’m so sorry if I answer ton of dumb questions 

No worries your attorney will go with you and/or receive it on your behalf.

😁😁😁 There's no dumb question on this forum, everything is very useful 😊

Timeline
1 hour ago, aquila said:

Hello family, I'm happy to inform everyone about the final good news.

Timeline:

I360,485,765 - received 02/17/2017

Rfe 360 for bona fide marriage - 03/2017

Rfe received - 04/2017(resent mostly same stuff again)

[Moved to another state - 07/2017]

Vawa I-485 interview - 03/2020 (old state field office)

Notification interview complete and case must be reviewed

I-360 Approval - 06/2020

Rfe 485 for birth certificate - 07/2020

Rfe received - 08/2020

Vawa I-485 notice for interview again in my current state field office on - 10/2020

I-485 interview - 12/16/20

Rfe 485 paystubs and employment letter 17th the next day

Rfe received at local office 12/28/20

NOID due to.........address history not in line and advised to file form 601 waiver - 03/18/21

NOID responded with form 601 receipt notice and received - 04/27/21

Case status changed on 485 to card in production on - 06/30/21 

I'm speechless, in tears and my heart is in shock. I just went on my knees to say a prayer for everyone in this journey. It's not over until it's over 

“ Everything you are going through will soon make sense and you will look back and be thankful that everything happened the way it did. Trust the change that is taking  place in your life right now, even if it feels messy and scary. You are on the right track.” 

Handle VAWA stress like a dog would:  if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away. ©Tx bone 2021😂😂

Congratulations you made it 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, Evasn said:

Hello everyone , 

Seems like my i485 is outside of the processing time.. my attorney can't submit the request due to her license issues , congressman sent 4 requests and no respond (nyc). @sandranj Sandra could you please advise what I should do in this situation ? Should I contact Senator as this is the only way left or there is anyhow I contact uscis myself rather then infopass ( I went there in February and they said they can't give me any info on i485 ,I asked them if it s in the local office they said they r not allowed to say that ) .Also if I'm gonna withdraw my attn ( as she can't handle cases I think ) do I have to sign any form with her or how does it work ? Thank you in advance 

NYC takes 18/24 months to set up an interview then if you filed your I-485 prior to these days then you can say something about your processing time.I have over 40 cases in NYC that the local offices have the files 14/20 months, and  I will not contact them because I know they can take even 24 months to set up the interview.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vale1 said:

Some people have told me about RFE and noid sent after that but frankly looks like illegal! What I think is that if they want to send me a noid they will send anyway regardless the fact that I email them or not! Right?

USCIS can send you an RFE or NOID when they want, regardless if you contact them or not.

Timeline
21 hours ago, cathie2021 said:

Hello folks,

I applied for the VAWA case in April 20th 2019 and have received 3 or 4  Prima Facie’s so far. And i never got RFE request for my case. 

I contacted the my Congresman about 10 days ago and they emailed me a few days later that they had contacted USCIS.  
I just want to ask you 2 questions.  Please help me.

1-) How many days, on average, do you think, the USCIS gives a response to Congresman?  

2-) Can I contact  to the Senators if I didn’t get any help from Congresman? I live in NJ and i have 2 senators in here. 

USCIS should answer the congressperson within 72 hours, but I saw many cases they took  10 days to answer.If your congressperson doesn't answer your request then you can contact your senator.

Timeline
On 6/29/2021 at 11:08 AM, One day at a time said:

Hello, 

I posted last week that my I-765 C9 has fallen outside of the normal processing times. My attorney has recommended that I call the USCIS Customer Contact Center, however when I spoke to a live agent they said that they cannot discuss any aspect of my application due to the confidential nature of VAWA. I reached out to my congresswoman’s office but I still haven’t heard back from them. What other options do I have to inquire about my case? The agent I spoke to recommended I write to the service center, but I’m not sure if my I-765 is at VSC or NBC ( I did not file my I-485 & I-765 concurrently with I-360; I filed them only after my I-360 was approved). Any help or insights are greatly appreciated, please. 

You have to write to Vermont, but they will not respond to  your letter.

Edited by sandranj

2 hours ago, aquila said:

Hello family, I'm happy to inform everyone about the final good news.

Timeline:

I360,485,765 - received 02/17/2017

Rfe 360 for bona fide marriage - 03/2017

Rfe received - 04/2017(resent mostly same stuff again)

[Moved to another state - 07/2017]

Vawa I-485 interview - 03/2020 (old state field office)

Notification interview complete and case must be reviewed

I-360 Approval - 06/2020

Rfe 485 for birth certificate - 07/2020

Rfe received - 08/2020

Vawa I-485 notice for interview again in my current state field office on - 10/2020

I-485 interview - 12/16/20

Rfe 485 paystubs and employment letter 17th the next day

Rfe received at local office 12/28/20

NOID due to.........address history not in line and advised to file form 601 waiver - 03/18/21

NOID responded with form 601 receipt notice and received - 04/27/21

Case status changed on 485 to card in production on - 06/30/21 

I'm speechless, in tears and my heart is in shock. I just went on my knees to say a prayer for everyone in this journey. It's not over until it's over 

“ Everything you are going through will soon make sense and you will look back and be thankful that everything happened the way it did. Trust the change that is taking  place in your life right now, even if it feels messy and scary. You are on the right track.” 

Handle VAWA stress like a dog would:  if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away. ©Tx bone 2021😂😂

Wow…Congratulations 

10 minutes ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Guys it will be a year this July since I got this letter. Does anybody know how long do I have to wait for the update???

1FD94C63-E306-40EF-9A00-F5838B6CE673.jpeg

It all depends on your field office, get help thru your lawyer or congressperson to get you status updates 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.