Kide

JUNE 2021 NVC SUBMISSION

268 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Meli022 said:

they are over the guidelines so I dont understand why they didn't qualify.

How about their evidence of current income?  What documents did you upload?  If they are not self-employed, did you submit their recent paystub or employment letter?

Just now, Chancy said:

How about their evidence of current income?  What documents did you upload?  If they are not self-employed, did you submit their recent paystub or employment letter?

I did not. I just submitted their tax returns and W2's from 2018-2020. What do you suggest I do? What is adding them as a household member going to benefit? Does it add an additional person? Like is the new poverty line for three people now? Should I get recent paystubs? If so how many is sufficient? 

15 minutes ago, Meli022 said:

I did not. I just submitted their tax returns and W2's from 2018-2020.

That could be why NVC thought your joint sponsor does not qualify.  They did not find any evidence to back up the sponsor's current income.  By the way, the I-864 entries that NVC would check for this are Part 6, Items 7 & 20.  You're sure those entries in your joint sponsor's I-864 are above the minimum requirement for their household size, right?

Also, you mentioned that you and your joint sponsor have the same address, yet you said that you live abroad with your husband.  I'm confused.  And maybe NVC got confused too that's why they suggested to add your joint sponsor as household member instead.  But from your posts, it's clear that would not be appropriate for your situation.  Did you not disclose your actual physical address abroad in your I-864?  If you did, that would have made it clear that you should not add a household member and you can notify NVC that their suggestion is not right for your case.

26 minutes ago, Chancy said:

That could be why NVC thought your joint sponsor does not qualify.  They did not find any evidence to back up the sponsor's current income.  By the way, the I-864 entries that NVC would check for this are Part 6, Items 7 & 20.  You're sure those entries in your joint sponsor's I-864 are above the minimum requirement for their household size, right?

Also, you mentioned that you and your joint sponsor have the same address, yet you said that you live abroad with your husband.  I'm confused.  And maybe NVC got confused too that's why they suggested to add your joint sponsor as household member instead.  But from your posts, it's clear that would not be appropriate for your situation.  Did you not disclose your actual physical address abroad in your I-864?  If you did, that would have made it clear that you should not add a household member and you can notify NVC that their suggestion is not right for your case.

Thank you for helping me...Yes the joint sponsor is over the minimum requirement. Sorry yes my mailing address is the same as the joint sponsors. I am currently living abroad through this process but still maintain a US bank account and insurance and everything else that would qualify to "re establish domicile" Which as of now looks accepted on CEAC. I have my foreign address as my physical and my mailing as my US on the I864. I'll call on Monday...THANK YOU again for all your help!

On 7/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, Meli022 said:

I sent my W2's and tax returns for 2018-2020 which is showing accepted on the CEAC site. It's just now they are asking for the 2020 transcript

They are so annoying.

I submitted everything. Then they want w2 of 2019 of JS. Like seriously? I gave you enough evidence of 2020, gave u transcript of 18 and 19. Why you need w2 from almost 2 years ago.

Then of-course they weren't cleared about submitting recent pay subs of JS, so gave that two. Waiting 3rd time from June 10th. God knows what else they might want.

Send IV Package : 2021-03-28

7 minutes ago, Israth said:

They are so annoying.

I submitted everything. Then they want w2 of 2019 of JS. Like seriously? I gave you enough evidence of 2020, gave u transcript of 18 and 19. Why you need w2 from almost 2 years ago.

Then of-course they weren't cleared about submitting recent pay subs of JS, so gave that two. Waiting 3rd time from June 10th. God knows what else they might want.

Omg I am so sorry! It's unbelievable. They deleted my JS and I need to add them as a household member now. I'm going to call and confirm tomorrow because I've gotten conflicting information here and I want to be absolutely sure. I had the household member gather 6 months of paystubs and their tax transcripts for the past 3 years. I'm not taking any chances this time. I got mine today as well. It's definitely frustrating. So back into the pool I go for another 7 weeks. Good luck please keep us posted when they review you!! I'll have to see if there's a July submission thread anywhere lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, Meli022 said:

Thank you for responding because i am panicking. Yes they are over the guidelines so I dont understand why they didn't qualify. This is what the note says...Does not Qualify to be JS - (Their name) does not qualify to be a Joint Sponsor. Please add this person as (My name) Household Member, and submit all of their financial documents under (Their) name.  ....So did they not financially qualify then? I dont currently have an income because I am with my husband in his country and not working. SO now if I add them as a household member doesnt that bring the number of people to 3? The member, myself, and the immigrant?  I dont want to "combine" their income with mine because I dont have one lol The current poverty number is $21,775 yes? For two people? $27,450 for three? They are over both of those. What do I do?

So we had a similar issue. I put my mom as a household member because we’ll be living with her initially when we move over. Ours was rejected and said we needed to do an I-864 instead (2 months after someone else approved her documents 🙃) since we are not currently living with her. It probably is because you listed yourself at the same address. I think you need to put yourself at the same address as your husband on your I-864 then redo your joint sponsors I-864.

I know, huge pain. I had a small melt down when we got rejected a second time. Hang in there! This whole process is way more difficult than what it should be.

49 minutes ago, Kvickers4 said:

So we had a similar issue. I put my mom as a household member because we’ll be living with her initially when we move over. Ours was rejected and said we needed to do an I-864 instead (2 months after someone else approved her documents 🙃) since we are not currently living with her. It probably is because you listed yourself at the same address. I think you need to put yourself at the same address as your husband on your I-864 then redo your joint sponsors I-864.

I know, huge pain. I had a small melt down when we got rejected a second time. Hang in there! This whole process is way more difficult than what it should be.

omg thank you for responding. Yes I had a meltdown last night LOL! I am fixing some stuff now and will call tomorrow and hopefully get it straightened out in the morning so then I can resubmit. SO annoyed with myself and the entire process haha Yea it really is way more difficult than it should be!! I hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly!!

On 7/25/2021 at 4:20 AM, Meli022 said:

Thank you for helping me...Yes the joint sponsor is over the minimum requirement. Sorry yes my mailing address is the same as the joint sponsors. I am currently living abroad through this process but still maintain a US bank account and insurance and everything else that would qualify to "re establish domicile" Which as of now looks accepted on CEAC. I have my foreign address as my physical and my mailing as my US on the I864. I'll call on Monday...THANK YOU again for all your help!

Sounds to me that JS having the same address as you is the problem, especially if their income is high enough. Call Monday to confirm but I think you will have to include them as household member and change household to 3, and have them do I-864a. If they meet the 125%FPG for a household of 3 people it should be fine.

Now I'm really worried I'm going to get push back again when I finally hear back. I submitted 2019 and 2020 1040 but not the transcripts because I don't have access to them. Last review they asked me to provide W-2/1099s but I don't have any as I only have overseas income. I called NVC and was told to submit a letter explaining this, which is what I did. Sounds like that's not going to be enough though. 

Question--Did you hear back from NVC over the weekend?

6 hours ago, EKT said:

Sounds to me that JS having the same address as you is the problem, especially if their income is high enough. Call Monday to confirm but I think you will have to include them as household member and change household to 3, and have them do I-864a. If they meet the 125%FPG for a household of 3 people it should be fine.

Now I'm really worried I'm going to get push back again when I finally hear back. I submitted 2019 and 2020 1040 but not the transcripts because I don't have access to them. Last review they asked me to provide W-2/1099s but I don't have any as I only have overseas income. I called NVC and was told to submit a letter explaining this, which is what I did. Sounds like that's not going to be enough though. 

Are you using a JS? What do you mean you don't have access to transcripts?

If you can't get them online, you could always request via mail.

2 hours ago, Israth said:

Are you using a JS? What do you mean you don't have access to transcripts?

If you can't get them online, you could always request via mail.

We are using assets to qualify but also have a back up JS and will bring their documents to the interview. I’ve tried a number of times to request my transcripts. I can’t do an online request because I don’t have a US cell number and when I try to request them by mail, an error comes up saying the post code is invalid (our post codes have 4 digits). It’s strange because I was able to check the status of my stimulus payments on the IRS website using the exact same info I’m trying now. So I have provided an employer letter and NZ government tax documents showing my income for the past 3 years, as well as email confirmation that my returns and FBARs were accepted by the IRS. Hopefully that’s enough!!

13 hours ago, EKT said:

I called them this morning right when they opened and only waited 20 minutes. You are correct in that I need to add them as a household member and reflect the household of 3. I hope that you dont get pushed back again. I was able to get my transcripts online. If you sign up an IRS account online you can download them right away or always request by mail. Good luck. I'll be resubmitting again later today. I have an expedited request out there from June 30th. So im hoping it gets reviewed first now and I wont have to wait another 7 weeks for them to review my re submission. Who knows haha Goodluck to you!!!

2 more weeks to get to June 10th 🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.