JojoandTomas

JUNE 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 8/9/2021 at 5:50 PM, YoshiE615 said:

Last week my Status was in transit and now on the NVC website, it is saying ready. We still have not gotten anything from Embassy, how long should we wait to hear from them and schedule an interview?

This is the message I see:

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview 

For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Ankara.

Try to send an e-mail to Embassy and in the meantime complete your DS-160 form.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Shockingly, the NVC just let me know that they sent our case to the consulate in Brazil. I wasn't expecting it to happen so fast based on how backlogged Brazil has been. I was preparing to annoy everyone with political connections.

Edited by Gauchos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Gauchos said:

Shockingly, the NVC just let me know that they sent our case to the consulate in Brazil. I wasn't expecting it to happen so fast based on how backlogged Brazil has been. I was preparing to annoy everyone with political connections.

that's great news! Hope you can schedule your interview soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi All, I am still waiting for NVC to assign a case.  Trying to call but can’t get through even to be placed in queue to talk to someone.  Anyone, of other June NOA2 folks experienced that?

Timeline
13 hours ago, slex said:

Hi All, I am still waiting for NVC to assign a case.  Trying to call but can’t get through even to be placed in queue to talk to someone.  Anyone, of other June NOA2 folks experienced that?

It's common when calling NVC, try to call several time.

Best time to call: Right after they open, which is around 7:00 AM US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. Most have had luck getting the phone answered after the first ring if they called right at 7 AM. Also, in the evening, phone traffic is a little lighter.

If you can't get through to 1-603-334-0700, maybe you can try the other number on this post below

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
20 hours ago, Nobita24 said:

It's common when calling NVC, try to call several time.

Best time to call: Right after they open, which is around 7:00 AM US Eastern Time, Mon-Fri. Most have had luck getting the phone answered after the first ring if they called right at 7 AM. Also, in the evening, phone traffic is a little lighter.

If you can't get through to 1-603-334-0700, maybe you can try the other number on this post below

Thank you!  Got the case number after 2 hours on hold.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

NVC sent my case to the embassy and when I check the status on NVC, it is showing ready. It has been like that since Aug 9th. I still have not heard anything from the embassy, they wont answer any questions over the phone and they also have not responded to my email. Any idea how long this step usually takes?

Timeline
On 9/1/2021 at 8:39 PM, YoshiE615 said:

NVC sent my case to the embassy and when I check the status on NVC, it is showing ready. It has been like that since Aug 9th. I still have not heard anything from the embassy, they wont answer any questions over the phone and they also have not responded to my email. Any idea how long this step usually takes?

It varies for each consulate and I can't tell for consulate in Turkey, you may ask this question on Turkey portal. Or you can ask to other VJ member from Turkey. I think I saw one member from Turkey got P3 after more than 1 month or nearly 2 months. You better search in this discussion forum

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 11:26 PM, Redcloud said:

My case is finally in transit as of today to the Buenos Aires embassy. One step closer.

Congrats!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hmm I may have hit a snag. My fiancée was previously here on a J-1 visa. This was a year a half ago. Does this mean she can’t get a k-1 visa until she meets the two year foreign residence requirement? Anyone have any experience. She was here as an au pair, if that matters.

edit - I think we may be fine since her visa said not subject to 212 e

Edited by Redcloud

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.