JojoandTomas

JUNE 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 minutes ago, YoshiE615 said:

NOA 2 was June 2nd. 

Do I get a notification when its time for NVC to send our application to the embassy? 

Since getting approved, my fiancé's address has changed ( same city just different address) will that need to reported to the NVC

Not sure what to prepare now ahead of time

The NVC sends an email to both petitioner and beneficiary when they send it to the embassy.

Timeline
On 6/27/2021 at 9:58 PM, Redcloud said:

Got my approval on Friday after an RFE. I need to update the embassy since my fiancé is no longer living where she was when we applied. How soon can I contact the NVC after NOA2 to make this change? I want to catch it before it gets sent to the wrong embassy. Thanks!

You can contact NVC now an update address.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 hours ago, Vanessa2020 said:

Yes, I called after a week.

Thank you so much I called Monday the told me how it can take 60 days for it to get there I asked the lady twice I was so flabbergasted about what she said I’m madam I’ll follow in a week but another lady told me today it roughly take two weeks so follow weekly because the approval only good for 4 months per NO2 I was like the bs that NVC tells you and The fact that everyone’s telling you something different and they are so rude you only get like a couple of nice people. But I’m not even paying attention to them greatest thing is that I’ll just follow up with them weeklyBut I’m not even paying attention to them greatest thing is that I’ll just follow up with them weekly

Timeline
15 hours ago, Kimmy H said:

Thank you so much I called Monday the told me how it can take 60 days for it to get there I asked the lady twice I was so flabbergasted about what she said I’m madam I’ll follow in a week but another lady told me today it roughly take two weeks so follow weekly because the approval only good for 4 months per NO2 I was like the bs that NVC tells you and The fact that everyone’s telling you something different and they are so rude you only get like a couple of nice people. But I’m not even paying attention to them greatest thing is that I’ll just follow up with them weeklyBut I’m not even paying attention to them greatest thing is that I’ll just follow up with them weekly

I am willing to bet that they have your case number assigned in 2 weeks.  Many government employees, sadly, are not helpful.  While technically it could take up to 60 days, the average has been around 3 weeks.  We are all anxious to be with our loved ones and move on with our lives.  You are certainly not alone!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Vanessa2020 said:

I am willing to bet that they have your case number assigned in 2 weeks.  Many government employees, sadly, are not helpful.  While technically it could take up to 60 days, the average has been around 3 weeks.  We are all anxious to be with our loved ones and move on with our lives.  You are certainly not alone!

No they’re not very helpful however I’m hoping so too, hoping that they’ll have it assigned by the next two weeks as well…Three weeks does sound about the average

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I had NOA2 on June 4 and it's been 3, almost 4 weeks and no reply either to my inquiry about updating our email addresses and no assigning of a case number... after work. Feeling irrationally anxious about it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, quinnscribe said:

I had NOA2 on June 4 and it's been 3, almost 4 weeks and no reply either to my inquiry about updating our email addresses and no assigning of a case number... after work. Feeling irrationally anxious about it.

Have you called them? I have a June 8 NOA2 and my case number was assigned on June 29. I also filled out the e-mail change request and received nothing from them. I called them last week and it didn't seem like they even searched for my case number, but the person I spoke with today actually took the time to look it up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
8 hours ago, Gauchos said:

Have you called them? I have a June 8 NOA2 and my case number was assigned on June 29. I also filled out the e-mail change request and received nothing from them. I called them last week and it didn't seem like they even searched for my case number, but the person I spoke with today actually took the time to look it up.

I gave them a call and they did in fact look it up and tell me it was assigned the 27th. Weird I didn't get an email, but happy I have one.

Timeline
On 7/1/2021 at 10:16 AM, quinnscribe said:

Have you called the NVC?  

Edit- Just saw that you did call.

Edited by Vanessa2020

On 6/25/2021 at 7:47 AM, Vanessa2020 said:

My Noa 2 was 7 Jun and it is now ready on 22 Jun.  MUCH faster than I thought.  But now wonder how long until they send the p3.

Lucky you, my NOA2 was July 2020, and still AT NVC 

On 7/4/2021 at 4:30 AM, VersaVersa said:

Lucky you, my NOA2 was July 2020, and still AT NVC 

Oh wow. What’s your embassy?

Timeline
2 hours ago, PostitTombow said:

For some reason, I have received two NOA2s, each with a different NVC number and dates. Wonder if I should just let this play out and see if one makes it quicker than the other.

If it were me, I would contact NVC.  You want to make sure your petition is at the correct embassy and also ask why there are two noa2.  I wouldn't risk the potential delay with a mixup.

Timeline
On 7/1/2021 at 10:14 PM, quinnscribe said:

I gave them a call and they did in fact look it up and tell me it was assigned the 27th. Weird I didn't get an email, but happy I have one.

I’m praying to god next week they give me my case number Monday will make three weeks and NVC is reps are no help what so ever. They do not understand ppl spend  almost 8 months waiting for on approval then of wait another month to get your case to NVC or get a case number this is ridiculous 

Edited by Kimmy H

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.