JojoandTomas

JUNE 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 7/20/2021 at 8:50 PM, Nobita24 said:

Since my fiancé haven't received any email from NVC, he just called them this morning and got our case number. I checked it on ceac.state.gov and it is "In Transit", meaning shipment is in the air or soon will be. So I will check the status again next week or in a few days. 

Just now checked the status : "Ready", the last time I checked (last night) was still "In Transit". I didn't see "Received" in between status when I checked it. from the tips and tricks PDF, meaning

ready - your case is prepared to schedule and complete your interview. These will be the status of your case file once you have received the case number. Once your case file shows a "ready" condition, you can process your next steps as listed in your P3 for your Embassy. There are two ready conditions; the first ready is the electronic version arriving at the Embassy, and the second ready is the paper file that has arrived at the Embassy from NVC. Sometimes these ready conditions can appear within hours of each other and sometimes a few days apart. So, don’t be surprised if you don’t see the “to date” change.

So the embassy got our docs now. waiting for them to contact me I guess.

Status meaning.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 hours ago, Nobita24 said:

Just now checked the status : "Ready", the last time I checked (last night) was still "In Transit". I didn't see "Received" in between status when I checked it. from the tips and tricks PDF, meaning

ready - your case is prepared to schedule and complete your interview. These will be the status of your case file once you have received the case number. Once your case file shows a "ready" condition, you can process your next steps as listed in your P3 for your Embassy. There are two ready conditions; the first ready is the electronic version arriving at the Embassy, and the second ready is the paper file that has arrived at the Embassy from NVC. Sometimes these ready conditions can appear within hours of each other and sometimes a few days apart. So, don’t be surprised if you don’t see the “to date” change.

Status meaning.png

Thanks for the tip, I got my case on Wednesday they told me to call next week  for a case number so fingers crossed 🙏🏽 I’m so happy you’re getting through and have a see and it didn’t take very long Once you got your case number

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I was able to get my case transferred at NVC to the new embassy and got my new case number two days ago. 🥳 A big relief. I checked my status and it says “at NVC.” Hoping they ship it soon.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Kimmy H said:

Thanks for the tip, I got my case on Wednesday they told me to call next week  for a case number so fingers crossed 🙏🏽 I’m so happy you’re getting through and have a see and it didn’t take very long Once you got your case number

Yeaay! hope you'll get your case number soon. It will be easier to check on the status once we get our case number. Also I have starting to fill up DS-160 online form, since it has so many things to fill up and can save the draft until 30 days. So, I won't submit it until the embassy send me P3.

It saves time to fill up slowly earlier than later.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Nobita24 said:

Yeaay! hope you'll get your case number soon. It will be easier to check on the status once we get our case number. Also I have starting to fill up DS-160 online form, since it has so many things to fill up and can save the draft until 30 days. So, I won't submit it until the embassy send me P3.

Yayyy… 🙌🏽…Yea if it’s anything like the DS-260 it’s takes at least 1.5 to 2.5 hours to complete and I know because assist with helping a lot of my friends but they mostly have spouses or children so kinda know what I I’m gotta so on the fiancé side but it take a lot  of time to complete the visa application 

7 hours ago, Redcloud said:

I was able to get my case transferred at NVC to the new embassy and got my new case number two days ago. 🥳 A big relief. I checked my status and it says “at NVC.” Hoping they ship it soon.

Nice your almost there, 🙏🏽

Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 11:44 PM, Nobita24 said:

Finally got my case number yesterday did everything I was supposed to waiting for it to get to the embassyFinally got my case number yesterday did everything I was supposed to waiting for it to get to the embassy

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kimmy H said:

Finally got my case number yesterday did everything I was supposed to waiting for it to get to the embassyFinally got my case number yesterday did everything I was supposed to waiting for it to get to the embassy

Congrats!!!

Timeline
On 7/24/2021 at 10:00 AM, Redcloud said:

Congrats to you! They will send it if your embassy is open. and it is easier to check on status when we have the case number. I am now waiting for the P3 I hope

Hi @Nobita24

Since your case is already at the embassy, do you have any idea if at the moment they are processing K-1 Interview considering the current COVID situation there? We recently got our NOA-2 approval and we are from July 2021 NOA2 group. We want to estimate how long the process will take until the interview.

Thank you.

Timeline
8 hours ago, purpleblue said:

Hi @Nobita24

Since your case is already at the embassy, do you have any idea if at the moment they are processing K-1 Interview considering the current COVID situation there? We recently got our NOA-2 approval and we are from July 2021 NOA2 group. We want to estimate how long the process will take until the interview.

Thank you.

Hi @purpleblue,

Yes, as far as I know they are still processing K-1 interview, for this case I mean the schedule, since the one that made the schedule for the interview is the embassy, not us. Probably the interview won't be happening during PPKM (I assume) but they are still processing the docs (the embassy is not close). So even they have our case now, I still have to process P3 (still waiting for P3) and that takes time (although I have prepared all docs needed in P3, but the Medical exam needs time and schedule from the hospital). then after that, they will decide our interview date. 

I estimated, they probably will send the email max next week? (this is just my estimation, by looking at other people timeline's from Indonesia). I f I haven't got email for P3 next week, I will send email to the embassy. 

Before I know the embassy has our case, I estimated, it needs 3 months from NoA2 until date of interview. Once again, this is basically from other people timeline's from Indonesia. Sometimes our timeline could be different.

I will update you once we get the P3

Good luck to all of us :)

Edited by Nobita24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello friends, 

Do you guys know what we have to do if we missed our interview at the embassy in Mexico City?  Apparently our case must be unique because the US Dept of State Visa Appointment Service said they can't reschedule us and we have to contact the embassy directly as our case was scheduled directly by them embassy.  However it's nearly impossible to find the proper number to call to get this done so I'm guessing we just wait for a letter letting us know we missed our interview and just go from there.  We're bummed about this because my fiance's passport expired and due to it being expired she couldn't complete her DS160 nor schedule her medical exam and biometrics.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, mikeydoodle said:

Hello friends, 

Do you guys know what we have to do if we missed our interview at the embassy in Mexico City?  Apparently our case must be unique because the US Dept of State Visa Appointment Service said they can't reschedule us and we have to contact the embassy directly as our case was scheduled directly by them embassy.  However it's nearly impossible to find the proper number to call to get this done so I'm guessing we just wait for a letter letting us know we missed our interview and just go from there.  We're bummed about this because my fiance's passport expired and due to it being expired she couldn't complete her DS160 nor schedule her medical exam and biometrics.

Hi @mikeydoodle

you might want to post the topic in https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-mexico-latin-south-america/ or find something similar there. I found one similar to you below (just posted it on 22 July).

On 7/22/2021 at 1:03 AM, ChaosEnvy said:

Hello,   

I'll try to keep a long story short but looking for some potential direction as to what I can try next or any helpful information.

I am a US citizen, petitioning for my wife in Mexico. Our Case closed, August 2019.   In April 2021 we received notice that our interview would be the second week of May.   With all travel arrangements and accommodations set, we were eager and ready for our interview.  The week of our interview my wife was admitted to the hospital with Covid and a severe case of Covid related Pneumonia. Things were touch and go, but I am happy to report she has made a full recovery.  For obvious reasons we had to cancel all our reservations and she could not attend the interview considering she was in the hospital.   That week I called and pressed numbers till I had someone on the phone at the consulate and explained the situation. I repeated this 3 times and received the same answer each subsequent time; that I will need to submit a public inquiry form to request a reschedule.   So that is what I did.  A month later I receive a response to my public inquiry.  The response, "That I need to submit a public inquiry requesting a rescheduled appointment."  The response to my inquiry was to submit another.  So, I did so, and now another 30 days has passed with no response, and I submitted a 3rd public inquiry.     I was hoping for some type of compassion considering she was in the hospital, and we were doing the right thing.  No such luck. 

I have reached out to a few Congressmen and Senators.  Most didn't respond, one did respond and said they would contact the consulate on my behalf.   So far, no luck down that avenue.   

Short of taking a trip to the Consulate and knocking on the door.  What have I not tried that I should? 

Thanks,

David

You might send them a message to find out about it. 

Hope you can get the answer, good luck!

Hi @Nobita24,

That’d be great if you would update us once you receive your P3. Also thank you for sharing the info, we really appreciate it. I hope the situation gets better soon and things can get back to normal.

Wishing you best of luck too on your visa process and hope you can get your P3 soon.

Stay safe! 😊

Timeline
On 7/23/2021 at 11:38 AM, Nobita24 said:

Got my P3 from the embassy now (August 3)  @purpleblue :). My fiancé got the email from the embassy on Thursday, July 29 to confirm about our case and asking about my contact (address, email and phone number)

So now preparing all the docs. Wish me luck!

Edited by Nobita24

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.