JojoandTomas

JUNE 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

88 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, Vanessa2020 said:

I wouldn't risk the potential delay with a mixup.

I agree you should definitely not wait to see how that plays out and risk delaying your case

On 7/5/2021 at 12:14 PM, PostitTombow said:

For some reason, I have received two NOA2s, each with a different NVC number and dates. Wonder if I should just let this play out and see if one makes it quicker than the other.

I would call on Monday and try to get an to the bottom of it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

The DHL hack was working and let me track my case shipment, happily going from the NVC through to Sydney customs and then sitting there over the weekend - except today it said "Delivery attempted - consignee premises closed". Nooooo. I'm pressing my face against the window going "packidge?" like a small child waiting for them to get it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Psinoza said:

We got our NOA2 on June 4 but there is no notification from NVC about receiving our case yet.

NOA2 indicates that they should be getting it within 30 days. Should we give them a call?

Our NOA2 was on June 3rd. I never got anything from NVC but I called them and they gave me a case number. I have been using that to check the status online. 

Ours is also in Turkey. 

On 7/10/2021 at 12:39 PM, JojoandTomas said:

I agree you should definitely not wait to see how that plays out and risk delaying your case

I would call on Monday and try to get an to the bottom of it

Thanks, I actually did give them a call to try and decipher what was going on. As noted, I received two separate NOA2s with different dates. Oddly, I spoke wih NVC and they stated the approval was actually issued in February of 2021 and they received my packet in March of 2021. He gave me the case and invoice number. I have no idea why I didn't receive the NOA2 until four months later in June of 2021. Our packet has still not been sent to the embassy but this whole situation is very weird.

Edited by PostitTombow

On 7/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, Vanessa2020 said:

If it were me, I would contact NVC.  You want to make sure your petition is at the correct embassy and also ask why there are two noa2.  I wouldn't risk the potential delay with a mixup.

Thanks, I actually did give them a call to try and decipher what was going on. As noted, I received two separate NOA2s with different dates. Oddly, I spoke wih NVC and they stated the approval was actually issued in February of 2021 and they received my packet in March of 2021. He gave me the case and invoice number. I have no idea why I didn't receive the NOA2 until four months later in June of 2021. Our packet has still not been sent to the embassy but this whole situation is very weird.

37 minutes ago, PostitTombow said:

Thanks, I actually did give them a call to try and decipher what was going on. As noted, I received two separate NOA2s with different dates. Oddly, I spoke wih NVC and they stated the approval was actually issued in February of 2021 and they received my packet in March of 2021. He gave me the case and invoice number. I have no idea why I didn't receive the NOA2 until four months later in June of 2021. Our packet has still not been sent to the embassy but this whole situation is very weird.

Did you call USCIS and inquire on why they issued two NOA2s?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, PostitTombow said:

Thanks, I actually did give them a call to try and decipher what was going on. As noted, I received two separate NOA2s with different dates. Oddly, I spoke wih NVC and they stated the approval was actually issued in February of 2021 and they received my packet in March of 2021. He gave me the case and invoice number. I have no idea why I didn't receive the NOA2 until four months later in June of 2021. Our packet has still not been sent to the embassy but this whole situation is very weird.

Your timeline is not updated. When is your recieved date? 

2 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

Did you call USCIS and inquire on why they issued two NOA2s?

Yup, the representative told me she didn't know, they couldn't confirm my approval date and they'd call me back within 20 days. I also asked why NVC has had my packet since March and she didn't know.

Edited by PostitTombow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 6/27/2021 at 7:10 AM, Nobita24 said:

Got our NoA2 on June 15 and my fiancé already received the letter too on June 22 .

So I guess it's waiting time for their email (NVC) now.

Since my fiancé haven't received any email from NVC, he just called them this morning and got our case number. I checked it on ceac.state.gov and it is "In Transit", meaning shipment is in the air or soon will be. So I will check the status again next week or in a few days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My NOA2 date was June 9th. I emailed NVC 9 days ago, the auto-response said to submit my question/request through their online portal, which I did 8 days ago. I still haven't heard back. Today I've started calling NVC (603-337-0700) and not getting through, so I guess I'll try at 7am when they open.

Should my fiance/beneficiary plan to receive something in the mail after the US consulate in her country (Ukraine) receives her case? Or is an email or phone call to be expected?

From what I've seen on the forums, Ukraine has been processing cases in a timely manner, so I have my fingers crossed that this will move soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
36 minutes ago, mattUsUkr said:

My NOA2 date was June 9th. I emailed NVC 9 days ago, the auto-response said to submit my question/request through their online portal, which I did 8 days ago. I still haven't heard back. Today I've started calling NVC (603-337-0700) and not getting through, so I guess I'll try at 7am when they open.

Should my fiance/beneficiary plan to receive something in the mail after the US consulate in her country (Ukraine) receives her case? Or is an email or phone call to be expected?

From what I've seen on the forums, Ukraine has been processing cases in a timely manner, so I have my fingers crossed that this will move soon.

Call the non immigration side of NVC (603) 334-0888, you get through a little quicker and they should give your case number now it’s been over 6 week so they should have it, I’m right at 4 weeks so i will probably get mine next week…. More than likely beneficiary will get notifications by email 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Kimmy H said:

Call the non immigration side of NVC (603) 334-0888, you get through a little quicker and they should give your case number now it’s been over 6 week so they should have it, I’m right at 4 weeks so i will probably get mine next week…. More than likely beneficiary will get notifications by email 

Thank you for the tip!! The non immigration side number put me on hold (vs the immigration number just told me to try again), and I got through to someone and got my case number.

Case was created 3 weeks ago, still being held at NVC, waiting for the consulate to be ready.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
58 minutes ago, mattUsUkr said:

Thank you for the tip!! The non immigration side number put me on hold (vs the immigration number just told me to try again), and I got through to someone and got my case number.

Case was created 3 weeks ago, still being held at NVC, waiting for the consulate to be ready.

You’re very welcome and I’m happy you called them to get case number from them because they do not call anyone or send emails. 🙏🏽🙏🏽 Gods working 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.