8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi, my mother is petitioner for my sister greencard (F2A). The case is pending Embassy interview in few weeks. My mom spends quite some time in our country so she can take care of the younger sisters (she’s single). My question is, can my sisters enter the US alone and my mom join in few weeks( she want to ensure everything goes fine before she sells property and closes business back home). She already proved domicile in NVC stage. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Jossyk17 said:

Hi, my mother is petitioner for my sister greencard (F2A). The case is pending Embassy interview in few weeks. My mom spends quite some time in our country so she can take care of the younger sisters (she’s single). My question is, can my sisters enter the US alone and my mom join in few weeks( she want to ensure everything goes fine before she sells property and closes business back home). She already proved domicile in NVC stage. Thanks. 

Hi, I am sorry I won’t be helpful to your question, let’s see what others , experts say about this,, but if you don’t mind can I ask you when was your sister’s priority date and DQ dates..thanks 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Jossyk17 said:

The petitioner must enter before or simultaneously with 

YMMV

Timeline
1 hour ago, ihsan said:

Hi, I am sorry I won’t be helpful to your question, let’s see what others , experts say about this,, but if you don’t mind can I ask you when was your sister’s priority date and DQ dates..thanks 

PD April 2018, DQ March 2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

The petitioner must enter before or simultaneously with 

Even though she’s been here multiple times and is temporarily out of the country?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Jossyk17 said:

Even though she’s been here multiple times and is temporarily out of the country?

Yes

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Jossyk17 said:

Same requirement applies to a USC who was born and raised here 

YMMV

If these are the same children who she needs to be in her home country to look after because they are so young...why would she send them ahead to a strange country without her anyway? Surely it makes sense to all go together whenever she has finished wrapping things up, it’s not like they have to travel as soon as they get their visas and you are only talking about a few weeks being needed in your first post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.