Shadow80

K1 visa travel ban

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Shadow80 said:

I am trying to confirm  the travel ban restrictions.. can a k1 visa holder travel to the US? 

Yes, always has been able throughout the pandemic era

YMMV

Yes. K1s have a blanket NIE from the Dept. of State. I am under the understanding embassies will have this on the visa within your passport. Valid K1 holders are exempt from the 14-day quarantine otherwise needed before the NIE was announced.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, payxibka said:

Yes, always has been able throughout the pandemic era

Actually K1 visa holders were not exempt from the travel bans in many places until very recently. The Department of State just granted blanket National Interest Exemptions to K1 visa holders, and they are now able to fly directly to the US even from countries under the travel bans. My partner and I have been worried about this because we feared he would have to quarantine in Mexico for 2 weeks before entering on his K1, but now he will be able to fly directly to the US from London.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, MarieJames said:

Actually K1 visa holders were not exempt from the travel bans in many places until very recently. The Department of State just granted blanket National Interest Exemptions to K1 visa holders, and they are now able to fly directly to the US even from countries under the travel bans. My partner and I have been worried about this because we feared he would have to quarantine in Mexico for 2 weeks before entering on his K1, but now he will be able to fly directly to the US from London.

Please understand the difference between a travel BAN and a travel restriction,  there was never a ban

YMMV

Timeline
27 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Please understand the difference between a travel BAN and a travel restriction,  there was never a ban

My apologies if my wording wasn't perfect, but the restrictions did still apply to K1 visa holders. I assumed that's what the person was originally asking about so I tried to clarify. Sure, you can fly and enter the US on the K1 visa and always have been able to, but if you have to quarantine in another country for 14 days that's a very important detail to mention. Luckily K1s have NIEs now and it doesn't matter anymore.

Timeline
1 minute ago, MarieJames said:

My apologies if my wording wasn't perfect, but the restrictions did still apply to K1 visa holders. I assumed that's what the person was originally asking about so I tried to clarify. Sure, you can fly and enter the US on the K1 visa and always have been able to, but if you have to quarantine in another country for 14 days that's a very important detail to mention. Luckily K1s have NIEs now and it doesn't matter anymore.

And only select k1 holders were subject to this restriction it was not universal 

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

And only select k1 holders were subject to this restriction it was not universal 

Yeah, but the original poster of this thread is from Scotland and would have been affected by it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, MarieJames said:

Hi, I would like to ask if I’m able to enter the US directly from China?

16 minutes ago, Sherbird said:

Hi, I would like to ask if I’m able to enter the US directly from China?

Yes. The NIE wording may even be on your visa: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/updates-to-national-interest-exceptions-for-regional-covid-proclamations.html

National_Interest_Exception_Waiver-1024x

Edited by HRQX

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, HRQX said:

It's true it's written on visa excepted form/not subj to pp on corona virus I have got it recently

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.