7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello, my wife has her naturalization/citizen interview this week, but wanted to make we do not miss anything.

She has practiced, understood, and memorized the 100 questions for the civil test. She has also remembered all her answers on her N400 Application.

Her appointment is at the Indianapolis location.

Main:

1. Appointment Letter

2. Green Card (LPR Card)

3. State ID (Drivers License)

4. Her Foreign Passport (India)

Applying through marriage (Evidence).

1. Marriage Certificate

2. Our Son's birth certificate

3. My US Passport

4. Tax Return Transcripts

1.) Is there anything else she needs to bring or is this ok?

2.) For evidence we submitted on her N400 application for marriage proof, does she need bring everything we submitted online or is that not required?

3.) She should bring original documents right?

Thank you.

- GuruSikh

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

The checklist for the interview for the N400 is fairly extensive, but of course much of it may not apply.  I would review that list and make sure you have evidence for all the items that apply to your wife's application.  Also, I would take a copy of all the evidence she submitted with the application just in case.  More than likely it will be unnecessary, but she would rather have it instead of getting an RFE for something that got lost in the USCIS system.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

My interview

1 hour ago, GuruSikh said:

1.) Is there anything else she needs to bring or is this ok?

2.) For evidence we submitted on her N400 application for marriage proof, does she need bring everything we submitted online or is that not required?

3.) She should bring original documents right?

My interview letter specifically states

"If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview."

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

My usual response to this type of question in general is for you to look at the list of required documents, take that ones that apply to your case (each case is different)

Take the original of the documents you submitted and you should be good to go.

Asking for a list of required documents here is kind of vague

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dashinka said:

The checklist for the interview for the N400 is fairly extensive, but of course much of it may not apply.  I would review that list and make sure you have evidence for all the items that apply to your wife's application.  Also, I would take a copy of all the evidence she submitted with the application just in case.  More than likely it will be unnecessary, but she would rather have it instead of getting an RFE for something that got lost in the USCIS system.

Good Luck!

Thanks! Yes, we were thinking the same thing; bring all the papers we submitted with application just in case. Thank you for the recommendation!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Keyboard Warrior said:

My interview

My interview letter specifically states

"If copies of a document were submitted as evidence with your N400 application, the originals of those documents should be brought to the interview."

Thank you for the insight. My wife's appointment letter does not say that.

Her letter says bring:

- Green Card

- Passport

- Appointment Letter

Also if you are applying through US Citizen:

- Marriage Certificate

- US Spouse proof of citizenship (Certificate or Passport)

That's all it said plus information about COVID and their rules about health safety.

21 minutes ago, randy91 said:

My usual response to this type of question in general is for you to look at the list of required documents, take that ones that apply to your case (each case is different)

Take the original of the documents you submitted and you should be good to go.

Asking for a list of required documents here is kind of vague

ok thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

image.png.3c1972e59dda93cb669a4452a6204469.png

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.