Duffield

I-130 submitted

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duffield said:

Hey Brother, she has a Mexican passport. I think they issues her a visiting visa. She said it was not revoked. Thank you for confirming it is the NOI1

Then she didn't "lose it" unless she lost the passport.  So, what is the perceived issue regarding the visa?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The interview alone is up to 2 years now due to covid, it was always 1 year prior.

They're just getting to cases that DQ'd in May/June 2019

The I-130 process with USCIS will vary, used to be 8-12 months on average, some people are getting lucky these days and getting it done a lot quicker, maybe it's the digital process.

NVC is quicker, could take 1-2 months.

Of course all of this varies by everyones individual case. Every case is unique.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 4/8/2021 at 7:37 PM, Duffield said:

Greetings,

I am Keith, currently living in the Dallas, Texas area. I have been a member here for about two weeks. I have been reading everyones posts and trying to find out how to read their timelines. I was married on 3-23-2021 and filed the I-130 on 3-30-2021. I received a receipt and I was also wondering if that is the NOI1? I'm very new to the process and I'm not completey sure. The wife is currently living in Durango, Mexico. My case has been sent to the NSC for processing so I hope they get things done quick there. Carolina (Wife) had a visa a few years back and visited California for a week but lost it after she returned. Does anyone think this will b e an issue for the I-130? I am worried that the I-130 will be refused because the visa information could not be recovered. In addition, is 120k a year income good enough to get the support form approved? Does anyone have any current timelines on I-130 approval? Thank you all for posting in this forum and giving us new guys/girls some knowledge.

Duffield 

120k salary is definitely enough. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack post removed~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi, your income if it's only meant to support the two maybe the Gross adjusted income since that is the income the US determines is what you could actually gain access to to spend.  So if you claim losses and your income is less than $21,500 then you will need to have other people file a i-864 to help support you and your wife.  Your income seems to be sufficient.

Poverty Guidelines
https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p
2 people 21550

I read too late on a different post that if you also file form i-129 you can actually get your i-130 to process faster.  In our case with less than 45 days to our review date it was no longer cost effective to save a few weeks of processing so we didn't do it.  And of course now that I go looking for it to post for your reference I can't locate it.

You're NOA1 (Notice of Action) will be mailed to you and report the date that your i-130 was accepted which should be the same date that you mailed out the form.  Refer to the following link for a good guide to follow and of course refer to the information provided on the USCIS page for documentation needed as well.

Edited by Sabi76

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Sabi76 said:

Hi, your income if it's only meant to support the two maybe the Gross adjusted income since that is the income the US determines is what you could actually gain access to to spend.  So if you claim losses and your income is less than $21,500 then you will need to have other people file a i-864 to help support you and your wife.  Your income seems to be sufficient.

Poverty Guidelines
https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p
2 people 21550

I read too late on a different post that if you also file form i-129 you can actually get your i-130 to process faster.  In our case with less than 45 days to our review date it was no longer cost effective to save a few weeks of processing so we didn't do it.  And of course now that I go looking for it to post for your reference I can't locate it.

You're NOA1 (Notice of Action) will be mailed to you and report the date that your i-130 was accepted which should be the same date that you mailed out the form.  Refer to the following link for a good guide to follow and of course refer to the information provided on the USCIS page for documentation needed as well.

After further research it turns out you can file i-129  https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f as of 2021 this fee $535. "However, there is no filing fee for a K-3 spouse (as designated in 8 CFR 214.1(a)(2)) who is filing Form I-129F as the spouse of a U.S. citizen."    So then she can be here with you as you both wait for the i-130 to process and complete the NVC process.

Edited by Sabi76

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, Sabi76 said:

After further research it turns out you can file i-129  https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f as of 2021 this fee $535. "However, there is no filing fee for a K-3 spouse (as designated in 8 CFR 214.1(a)(2)) who is filing Form I-129F as the spouse of a U.S. citizen."    So then she can be here with you as you both wait for the i-130 to process and complete the NVC process.

No don't do that, K3 is obsolete 

7 hours ago, Babu Frik said:

No don't do that, K3 is obsolete 

Agreed, besides, the OP just sent the petition in on March 31. Best to just take a deep breath and wait and see what happens.

As I have posted in multiple threads now, there were only three K-3 visas issued in the entire world during all of 2020 (out of millions of visas), and none since since April 2020. At this point there is no reason to believe that petitioning for a K-3 visa is anything but a waste of everyone's (i.e. the petitioner, USCIS, and others waiting for their cases to be processed) time.

P.S. - @Sabi76, congratulations on the recent interview (for an IR-1 visa) which sounds like it went well. I'm not sure why your profile says that you filed for a K-3 visa since based on your post above you did not. It would be good to correct that so as not to perpetuate the idea that these are still being granted.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Sabi76 said:

How many K-3s were issued last year?   I know of none.  

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
14 hours ago, Sabi76 said:

And with some MORE research, you'll find the K3 visa has been virtually obsolete for more than a decade.  Please don't confuse the OP's issue with such nonsense.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

P.S. - @Sabi76, congratulations on the recent interview (for an IR-1 visa) which sounds like it went well. I'm not sure why your profile says that you filed for a K-3 visa since based on your post above you did not. It would be good to correct that so as not to perpetuate the idea that these are still being granted.

Thanks, I had not figured out how to change and managed to figure it out this time.  I had thought that by updating the timeline it too would have would have updated that info.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just to clarify:

In Mexico you can get a B1/B2/BCC (which we call "visa") and it is not the sticker they put on your passport, but rather a plastic card. It is possible she lost the "visa" as it was separate from the passport.

I know this was the way it was back in the day when I had mine... and up to 2018 when my relatives got theirs. For B1/B2/BCC visas we use the term "visa."

UnaMexicana

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.