eggybreadb78

National Interest Exemption Update

83 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gabe89 said:

well some cases have been sent to Naples in March this means when they want/can they already have cases to work on.

great do you know what kind of cases they have ?only k1 and marriage visa category or any other kinds like work and student too. because if they only work on k1 and marriage visa category the embassy wont be so crowded than they process any visa category especially now that almost all the travel bans are lifted

2 hours ago, eggybreadb78 said:

This scares me as well. However, I spoke to the lawyers fronting all of this and they did say/suggest that if your case is still sitting at NVC for a long time, legal action is a way to go. If we’re sitting there, I’m gonna do that. I want to start my life with my man - K-1 in hand!

Good luck!

I probably should have mentioned that our K1 has expired and we've not had any green light regarding it being re-issued in London. We've not been part of the legal action.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
16 hours ago, olivia77 said:

Good luck!

I probably should have mentioned that our K1 has expired and we've not had any green light regarding it being re-issued in London. We've not been part of the legal action.

Legit in the same situation. Guess all we can do is continue to wait like we've been doing the past 1+ year 😅

17 hours ago, YueQian said:

China just confirmed via email that K1 processing has been resumed :lol:✌️

I got confirmation from the US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro (the only consulate in Brazil that processes immigrant visas) that they will begin scheduling interviews for K-1 visas too, starting with cases received in March 2020. I'm sure it's still going to take some time to get through them all, but it's really great to finally get some good news!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, damienmh said:

I got confirmation from the US Consulate in Rio de Janeiro (the only consulate in Brazil that processes immigrant visas) that they will begin scheduling interviews for K-1 visas too, starting with cases received in March 2020. I'm sure it's still going to take some time to get through them all, but it's really great to finally get some good news!

Hey did the embassy give you the date March 2020? And what about people with dates before that?

Our petition got approved Dec 2019 and I was supposed to have my appointment in March 2020 in Germany, which was cancelled due to COVID. I wonder if they mean with "March 2020" everything they put on hold in March due to COVID including everything that was filed before March or if they only process stuff that was approved in March (which would make no sense to me).

Timeline

Just saw an update on the https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-visa-and-travel-faqs/ 

I also received an email response from the CBP london embassy which I've attached as well. Hope this helps!! :) 

NIE.jpg

cbp.jpg

6 hours ago, Berndur said:

Hey did the embassy give you the date March 2020? And what about people with dates before that?

Our petition got approved Dec 2019 and I was supposed to have my appointment in March 2020 in Germany, which was cancelled due to COVID. I wonder if they mean with "March 2020" everything they put on hold in March due to COVID including everything that was filed before March or if they only process stuff that was approved in March (which would make no sense to me).

They said, specifically, "At this time, we are scheduling all Immigrant Visa cases in priority date order, beginning with cases that were initially scheduled in March 2020.  After we process the cases from March 2020, we will then schedule cases from April, then May, then June, etc."

I'm sure it means they'll pick up where they left off last year. But to reiterate, I spoke to the Rio de Janeiro consulate, in Brazil, there is no certainty that the same will apply to Germany. You should check the German embassy's website first, and maybe contact them if their website doesn't provide the information you need.

2 hours ago, A&D25612 said:

Just saw an update on the https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/u-s-visa-and-travel-faqs/ 

I also received an email response from the CBP london embassy which I've attached as well. Hope this helps!! :) 

NIE.jpg

cbp.jpg

I saw the London Embassy's tweet - they're basically saying they're not planning to resume yet and NIE is only for valid K1s. There are almost no valid K1s because they all expired! All the rest that are valid are from lawsuits.

This is how many valid K1s there are / were issued during the last 6 months:

October 2020 - 1

November 2020 - 1

December 2020 - 8

January 2021 - 19

February 2021 - 2

Consider it used to be 100+ issued per month before March 2020. It's a huge backlog.

Edited by olivia77
tidy up

Timeline
1 hour ago, olivia77 said:

I saw the London Embassy's tweet - they're basically saying they're not planning to resume yet and NIE is only for valid K1s. There are almost no valid K1s because they all expired! All the rest that are valid are from lawsuits.

This is how many valid K1s there are / were issued during the last 6 months:

October 2020 - 1

November 2020 - 1

December 2020 - 8

January 2021 - 19

February 2021 - 2

Consider it used to be 100+ issued per month before March 2020. It's a huge backlog.

Hmmm so what does this mean lol, I also recently just got confirmation from the London embassy too, I've attached their response below148362828_londonembassyNIEresponse.thumb.jpg.e5fc01573f0c656700a7060a85178efd.jpg

22 minutes ago, A&D25612 said:

Hmmm so what does this mean lol, I also recently just got confirmation from the London embassy too, I've attached their response below148362828_londonembassyNIEresponse.thumb.jpg.e5fc01573f0c656700a7060a85178efd.jpg

I suppose it really means nothing until they reopen and resume working at full capacity. Then there's also a question regarding priority - I understand the chronological logic for cases still stuck at NVC, but not sure what the approach will be for the issued and expired K1s. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 4/13/2021 at 11:56 AM, olivia77 said:

I suppose it really means nothing until they reopen and resume working at full capacity. Then there's also a question regarding priority - I understand the chronological logic for cases still stuck at NVC, but not sure what the approach will be for the issued and expired K1s. 

Have you email the Immigrant Visa Unit since the change has been announced to ask for a renewal? Their FAQ mentions that. I wouldn’t think you would need another interview time slot, just a new medical exam and courier in your passport. 

10 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you email the Immigrant Visa Unit since the change has been announced to ask for a renewal? Their FAQ mentions that. I wouldn’t think you would need another interview time slot, just a new medical exam and courier in your passport. 

I did, and I received the same email with identical text as A&D25612  did in the post above (a confirmation of NIE but no information regarding my extension).

Edited by olivia77

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.