Soccer.Player

N400 interview decision pending tracker

408 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 6/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, elmers said:

Damn, that's almost a year!! No state person, ombudsman, etc can help? I cannot imagine what you must be feeling.

Nope. The ombudsman's office has thrown the towel, they completely gave up on N400 cases. Even tried a FOIA, got my A file through them. Saw a remark on there from the day of my interview that said "pending A file" but also the box that said "A filed received" was checked. So I don't even know what's happening anymore. 

The last time I put in a service request I got an email back saying the request had been sent to a supervisor. Nothing since. 

The only option left is suing the USCIS since they're way past the 120 day window but that would cost a significant amount of money. Very frustrating indeed.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Day    00 - 08/31/20 - Submitted online N-400 application. ROC still pending. Requested combo interview.

Day    01 - 09/01/20 - NOA received online. Status says biometrics appt letter will be sent. (PD 08/31/20)

Day  141 - 01/20/21 - Biometrics reuse letter

Day  233 - 04/22/21 - ROC approved, no news on N-400

Day  288 - 06/18/21 - Interview scheduled

Day  332 - 07/30/21 - Successful interview. No decision yet.

Day 758  - 09/28/22 - Oath ceremony will be scheduled

Day 870 - 01/18/23 - Oath ceremony complete

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
On 6/30/2022 at 3:34 PM, shugi123 said:

Finally went in for my Oath ceremony.

It was for 10.15am. Went through security at 9.55am. I was asked to go the second floor where the oath ceremony was going to be held. Handed my paperwork with a form I got in the mail to the officer who was checking in everyone. There were about 20-25 people. You were allowed to get one family member with you. Remember to bring your old green cards or any cards/ letters sent to you by USCIS throughout your journey. You will be surrendering all your old cards at the time of checking in.  Bring your supporting documents if anything changed or happened between your interview and oath ceremony day. I had travelled internationally between that time  so I took a copy of my ticket. The officer asked me the dates of travel and I gave it to her.

She checked me in and asked me to go in the hall and take a seat. My husband accompanied me.

It was a pretty smooth process. They showed us a short video then asked us to stand up and repeat the Oath of allegiance after her. She then called each one of us by name and handed us our naturalization certificates. You were allowed to take pictures through out the process. She showed us another short video at the end of the ceremony. The whole process took about an hour and 15-20 mins total from checking in to end of the ceremony. I was out by 11.10am.

I had taken an appointment for passport 2 weeks in advance and went straight there after my oath ceremony to get my passport. You need a proof of travel which I had, within 2 weeks in order to get an appointment to get expedited same day passport. 

Tip: As soon as you get your oath ceremony date, book your passport and driver's license appointment date as well. You will need an appointment to submit your passport application even if you are submitting through normal processing time. You can apply for an expedited passport if you are traveling sometime soon. Please check the website and do your thorough research.

Remember you cannot travel international if you don't have your passport coz the officer will take your green card and you wont have any document to come back in the country unless you have your passport. So if you are not traveling international for 6-8 week from your oath ceremony date then you are fine to get a regular appointment. 

Happy to answer any question and help in any way I can. 

Good to luck to all of you. Stay patient. You will get to enjoy this day very soon. I waited almost 8 months after my interview. So hold tight just little bit more. 

Congratulations!! Your wait was worthy.  I waited a little over 9 months, it seems Denver is far behind schedule!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Well guys, it will be one whole year this week since my interview. I'm at a loss. Not sure how to procede. None of these service requests, FOIA requests, or phone calls seem to be able to nudge anything loose. 

The last time I called the USCIS phone number they mentioned the backlog with the A files. Which doesn't make sense because I was able to obtain it with a FOIA request. 

Has anyone tried the legal route? I'm just worried about the cost of an immigration attorney and filing a writ of mandamus?

Day    00 - 08/31/20 - Submitted online N-400 application. ROC still pending. Requested combo interview.

Day    01 - 09/01/20 - NOA received online. Status says biometrics appt letter will be sent. (PD 08/31/20)

1 minute ago, bunkx said:

Well guys, it will be one whole year this week since my interview. I'm at a loss. Not sure how to procede. None of these service requests, FOIA requests, or phone calls seem to be able to nudge anything loose. 

The last time I called the USCIS phone number they mentioned the backlog with the A files. Which doesn't make sense because I was able to obtain it with a FOIA request. 

Has anyone tried the legal route? I'm just worried about the cost of an immigration attorney and filing a writ of mandamus?

Contact your congressman man 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Godobo said:

Contact your congressman man 

I have. They haven't been very helpful either.

1 hour ago, bunkx said:

I am sorry to hear that , they did work for me at all times . I get first hand information from my congressman because USCIS are obliged to reply them within 30 days . FO is Boston 

On 7/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, bunkx said:

Keep writing to your congressman tell them to get you an answer. Call USCIS office and ask for the tier 2 officer. Ask them how you can send them your 'A' file since you have it already. Fill out 'Out of normal processing time' form online. Just knock on all doors and make some commotion. 

This is ridiculous. So sorry you have to go through this. I would keep legal option as a last resort, in case nothing happens in the next 3-4 months. I completely understand your frustration. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All, just had my interview today (combo) and the officer didn’t have time to interview my spouse, so only I was interviewed. Didn’t ask a lot except for proof of living together (I provided our lease) and also she asked about my property. By the end she said I passed the N400 and should expect oath ceremony scheduling letter in a week. Then I asked her what about the i751, she said she will have to see what they want to do about the information I provided and adjudicate that first before adjudicating N400. I kept refreshing the case tracker but didn’t see any update. Please does anyone know how long it’d take to update the status online? 

Timeline

Over a year after the interview, after contacting my house representative AND senator, they were able to get my case unstuck. Online status just changed to oath ceremony will be scheduled.

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, bunkx said:

Over a year after the interview, after contacting my house representative AND senator, they were able to get my case unstuck. Online status just changed to oath ceremony will be scheduled.

Congrats,

One of my family memebers is still is waiting since Oct last year.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:13 PM, Keiko2325 said:

Hi All, just had my interview today (combo) and the officer didn’t have time to interview my spouse, so only I was interviewed. Didn’t ask a lot except for proof of living together (I provided our lease) and also she asked about my property. By the end she said I passed the N400 and should expect oath ceremony scheduling letter in a week. Then I asked her what about the i751, she said she will have to see what they want to do about the information I provided and adjudicate that first before adjudicating N400. I kept refreshing the case tracker but didn’t see any update. Please does anyone know how long it’d take to update the status online? 

Did you get an update today about your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.