Sarge2155

April 2021 - AOS Filers

186 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! Quick update! 

biometrics was 3 days ago on August 10th. I just received and update stating my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, ashley_ann said:

Hey everyone! Quick update! 

biometrics was 3 days ago on August 10th. I just received and update stating my case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! 

Do you remember when you received your notice for  biometrics? 

Timeline
7 hours ago, XenophiliusPDX said:

Do you remember when you received your notice for  biometrics? 

I received it in the last week of July roughly. It gave 2 weeks notice. :)

Timeline

I have quick question and I’m seeing mixed answers but… my college that I’m currently attending approached me yesterday about doing a student tutoring position for Anatomy and Physiology (I guess it’s because of my final grades in the class). 

I explained the situation that I’m waiting for my EAD so I can apply for me SSN number. 

question is… can I submit a request to expedite my EAD based on a job offer? 

Just seeing mixed answers so I thought I’d ask here. My biometrics was august 10th and I’m not sure how long the EAD will take 😕 (also I’d love to get working haha)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, ashley_ann said:

I have quick question and I’m seeing mixed answers but… my college that I’m currently attending approached me yesterday about doing a student tutoring position for Anatomy and Physiology (I guess it’s because of my final grades in the class). 

I explained the situation that I’m waiting for my EAD so I can apply for me SSN number. 

question is… can I submit a request to expedite my EAD based on a job offer? 

Just seeing mixed answers so I thought I’d ask here. My biometrics was august 10th and I’m not sure how long the EAD will take 😕 (also I’d love to get working haha)

I don't think you need EAD to do a campus job if you are on F1. Your school should give you a letter, you would take that letter to the SSN office and they would give you your social security card so you can work on campus. 

I had a social security number and I was working on campus with my F1 Visa. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Meilyn22 said:

I don't think you need EAD to do a campus job if you are on F1. Your school should give you a letter, you would take that letter to the SSN office and they would give you your social security card so you can work on campus. 

I had a social security number and I was working on campus with my F1 Visa. 

I’m not on an F1. I’m a K1 adjusting my status to PR. I’m needing the EAD

I wish I could do what you just suggested haha 😆 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am in Seattle and have not yet received any appointment info for Biometrics Appointment. Should I be concerned that they might have messed up my application. Or should I contact USCIS? Is anybody else here still waiting for Biometrics appointment? 

Edited by FN waiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
15 minutes ago, FN waiting said:

Hello everyone, I am in Seattle and have not yet received any appointment info for Biometrics Appointment. Should I be concerned that they might have messed up my application. Or should I contact USCIS? Is anybody else here still waiting for Biometrics appointment? 

Hey! Seattle here too! I think this is just our waiting game. I searched some timelines for local office of Seattle and saw that it is kind of all over the place and an increase in time compared to "pre-COVID". These are some of the dates I was able to pull off of here...

NOA1                 ------------>         Bio Apt

03/17/2020                               08/10/2020          (~5 months)

06/09/2020                               02/17/2021           (~8 months)

09/17/2020                               03/15/2021           (~6 months)

11/04/2020                               08/19/2021           (~9 months)

01/16/2021                               08/23/2021           (~7 months)

I'm hopeful this means we will hear something about my husband's Bio appointment by November, but we will see...

Timeline
3 hours ago, kswheezy said:

Hey! Seattle here too! I think this is just our waiting game. I searched some timelines for local office of Seattle and saw that it is kind of all over the place and an increase in time compared to "pre-COVID". These are some of the dates I was able to pull off of here...

NOA1                 ------------>         Bio Apt

03/17/2020                               08/10/2020          (~5 months)

06/09/2020                               02/17/2021           (~8 months)

09/17/2020                               03/15/2021           (~6 months)

11/04/2020                               08/19/2021           (~9 months)

01/16/2021                               08/23/2021           (~7 months)

I'm hopeful this means we will hear something about my husband's Bio appointment by November, but we will see...

Right now I’d say you’re still in the normal waiting time. I’ve noticed some are taking a while. But hang in there! It will come! Once you get your letter they give you 2 weeks notice for your appointment :) 

I hope it happens soon! 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 7/29/2021 at 10:39 AM, ccfalls said:

Hello! just wanted to provide our timeline:

April 21 - file received

May 18 - NOAs received
July 2 - Biometric appointment letter received 
July 20 - Biometrics appointment

and now, as of July 27, the case tracker has updated to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"!

As of yesterday, case status is 'Interview Was Scheduled' !!!!

Haven't yet received the interview notice in the mail, but eagerly awaiting it!

I've been tracking the wrong April 2021 AOS Filers group for the past 5 months 🤣

Our AOS case file was received April 19, 2021.

We received NOA on May 20, 2021.

Just received notification of Biometrics appointment date September 17, 2021.

Biometrics appointment is October 8, 2021!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/17/2021 at 9:38 AM, ashley_ann said:

Hey everyone! just wanted to say that my EAD Expedite just got approved!! HAPPY DAYS! 

What reason did you use for expediting the EAD?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Dankanok said:

What reason did you use for expediting the EAD?

Financial loss to myself. Based on needing to work to pay for my nursing program. I've been paying with my own money and I'm out. So I just showed the program costs and my account from home. I wasn't sure if they would accept that reasoning but I had nothing to lose and turns out they accepted it along with some help from my congressman. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.