yomnaaly

How to get I155 stamp

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I-155?  Do you mean I-551?

You don't get one.  Your current greencard will be valid with the extension letter that USCIS will send you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

You "might need it" or you "will need it"?  If it is just "might", then wait for the extension letter.  If you need it right away, then call USCIS and ask for an infopass appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, yomnaaly said:

But I might need it before that for my college admission. They won't accept this card cuz it's expiring

You can't get i-551 stamp while you have a valid greencard. When is your card expiring or has it expired already? If you have timely filed your i-751 and your card hasn't expired yet, receipt notice of i-751 will extend your card for 18 months. You just need to show the college your expired green card and receipt notice together.  If your card has already been expired,  you would still need to wait for i-751 to be received/check cashed by USCIS, since they can't just put a i-551 stamp without any grounds to do so, they wouldn't even give infopass appointment I believe. Once USCIS cashes the check and receive the application, NOA letter arrives in a week nowadays, so I don't think it will worth to try to get infopass appointment but you could try to call uscis to get one once you have a pending case with them, I just don't think they will provide you an infopass appointment and they would just tell you to wait for NOA letter to arrive. just my two cents...

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

6 hours ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

You can't get i-551 stamp while you have a valid greencard. When is your card expiring or has it expired already? If you have timely filed your i-751 and your card hasn't expired yet, receipt notice of i-751 will extend your card for 18 months. You just need to show the college your expired green card and receipt notice together.  If your card has already been expired,  you would still need to wait for i-751 to be received/check cashed by USCIS, since they can't just put a i-551 stamp without any grounds to do so, they wouldn't even give infopass appointment I believe. Once USCIS cashes the check and receive the application, NOA letter arrives in a week nowadays, so I don't think it will worth to try to get infopass appointment but you could try to call uscis to get one once you have a pending case with them, I just don't think they will provide you an infopass appointment and they would just tell you to wait for NOA letter to arrive. just my two cents...

Okay. No my green card has two more months. I fild a week ago but with an expiring card employers and colleges think that I am temporary here. So how long will it take to get NOA letter considering they received it the last week? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, yomnaaly said:

Okay. No my green card has two more months. I fild a week ago but with an expiring card employers and colleges think that I am temporary here. So how long will it take to get NOA letter considering they received it the last week? 

Some going through ROC recently have waited months to get the NOA letter.  There is a backlog.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
3 hours ago, yomnaaly said:

It currently takes ~ 5-6 weeks to get check cashed and another 1 week for NOA letter to arrive (general assumption).

But If your concern is in regards to your work, and I don't know why your employer would think like that, but if they ask you for your work elibility, then you can provide them your ss card (without condition or words written in the card) and driver license which will suffice to prove the requirement for work eligibility. See below:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

As for your colleagues think, your immigration status should be none of other people's  business.

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

2 hours ago, Huckleberry&Koala said:

It currently takes ~ 5-6 weeks to get check cashed and another 1 week for NOA letter to arrive (general assumption).

But If your concern is in regards to your work, and I don't know why your employer would think like that, but if they ask you for your work elibility, then you can provide them your ss card (without condition or words written in the card) and driver license which will suffice to prove the requirement for work eligibility. See below:

https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents

As for your colleagues think, your immigration status should be none of other people's  business.

My driver's license also expires on the same date

1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

Your employer shouldn't reverify your i-9.

Oh okay cool then. So if Godforbid, for some reason, the NOA delays, I still have employment authorization? 

Just now, yomnaaly said:

Oh okay cool then. So if Godforbid, for some reason, the NOA delays, I still have employment authorization? 

Until I have or have an answer?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, yomnaaly said:

Until I have or have an answer?

Yes, your LPR status does not expire with an expired GC and by extension your authorization for work..  The only thing that happens is your proof of LPR status has or will expire.  If someone demands proof and you have not received the extension letter yet, I would educate them on the process for ROC and respectfully ask them to wait until the extension letter arrives.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

25 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

Yes, your LPR status does not expire with an expired GC and by extension your authorization for work..  The only thing that happens is your proof of LPR status has or will expire.  If someone demands proof and you have not received the extension letter yet, I would educate them on the process for ROC and respectfully ask them to wait until the extension letter arrives.

Good Luck!

okay cool. But hopefully, we won't get to that point. Just making sure it doesn't have any legal effects. Not sure what happens to the driver's license in this case

1 hour ago, yomnaaly said:

Not sure what happens to the driver's license in this case

You'll have to be without a driver's license unless your state has an extension in place because of covid. I was without a driver's license between mid December and late January.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.