Loveforyou43

K1 visa 129f going through my pictures

15 posts in this topic

So I am a US citizen and my fiancé in South Africa Cape Town. We not doing k1 till aug. but right now so I created a share album on my phone and share it with my fiancé. I am going through my 5 trips and adding pictures  in the album to see which ones we pick .

my question some saying take some pics when we were friends. Some of those pics have me with a liquor drink in my hand. 

like the pic below this is my first trip to South Africa went to a party and my my fiancé was there I am the one with the drink 

what you guys think of this pic 

I thought when sending pics do a timeline with pics from friends  to current proposal 

DA03FB84-46FF-4EA1-934A-113711EFE094.jpeg

What's wrong with having a drink in your hand while at a party if you are of legal age? 

I like your idea of having pictures from when you guys were just friends up until the proposal time. The pictures would show you have met the 5 trips, spent time with family and/or friends and were at different events/places/parties. A few pictures from each trip would make a great photo collection.

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

2 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

What's wrong with having a drink in your hand while at a party if you are of legal age? 

I like your idea of having pictures from when you guys were just friends up until the proposal time. The pictures would show you have met the 5 trips, spent time with family and/or friends and were at different events/places/parties. A few pictures from each trip would make a great photo collection.

Awww thank you - what’s your story  and where you from 

Just now, Loveforyou43 said:

Awww thank you - what’s your story  and where you from 

I'm from Malaysia and I met my husband online. Dated long distance. Filed for I-129F and applied for K-1. The rest is pretty much history. I just got approved for my 10-year GC a few days ago :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

37 minutes ago, Loveforyou43 said:

Oh wow congrats what’s a GC

Dude......    you’re focusing so much on pics and stuff.   You need to read and research the immigration process.   Not doing so can lead to very costly (both times and money) mistakes.

@Loveforyou43 unless the photo shows you doing something illegal then you can include it - as the above poster says you are focusing on the less important things photos are secondary evidence. Boarding passes, hotel reservations, and things like that are more beneficial.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

34 minutes ago, Illiria said:

@Loveforyou43 unless the photo shows you doing something illegal then you can include it - as the above poster says you are focusing on the less important things photos are secondary evidence. Boarding passes, hotel reservations, and things like that are more beneficial.

The things I have is passport stamps 

boarding passes 

receipts  of places we went 

table mountain

roben island (prisoner where Nelson Mandela was

botanical garden 

strawberry farm 

water cruise

movie tickets

Just now, Loveforyou43 said:

The things I have is passport stamps 

boarding passes 

receipts  of places we went 

table mountain

roben island (prisoner where Nelson Mandela was

botanical garden 

strawberry farm 

water cruise

movie tickets

My trip in July 

we going to cooking classes 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
14 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Dude......    you’re focusing so much on pics and stuff.   You need to read and research the immigration process.   Not doing so can lead to very costly (both times and money) mistakes.

Seconding this. You need to get familiar with the vocabulary and the process!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures are good. What I did with our petition was gathered 1-2 pictures from each trip (we had a lot) copy and paste it on word and gave a small description of what we were doing or where we were and put the date. I also signed and dated (current date) for the petition so they know I created. Not necessarily a requirement but I like to tread on the side of caution when dealing with USCIS. Also, what would be make your pictures even more solid is sending photocopies of airline tickets and boarding passes from each trip. Also, receipts from places you may have eaten together or things you did together (i.e. specific shops or theater/movie tickets). Good luck with your process! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.