TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

705 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, xavier2014 said:

I clearly know and understand that family immigration or chain migration is a privilege, not a right that America offers. Australia, Canada not even offer PR for parents, no idea about UK. America is a special country I truly believe that, their founding fathers created a unique constitution, with constitutional amendments that protect crucial citizen rights not available anywhere else in the world. Although I had the opportunity to immigrate to Australia, I never took it.

Trump discussed skilled immigration, which already exists in the form of the H1B visa.

By the way, last time when I checked, family immigration programs remain open until Congress passes a law to restrict or close them. This creates curiosity among people regarding family visas, and even the existence of this thread is a result of that curiosity.

Actually Canada does offer PR for parents (as do many other countries). Not for siblings or adult children though, they’re the categories that are unusual. 

And Trump’s administration was proposing to end a lot of family migration, as well as the DV lottery, back in 2018. 

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
27 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

Actually Canada does offer PR for parents (as do many other countries). Not for siblings or adult children though, they’re the categories that are unusual. 

And Trump’s administration was proposing to end a lot of family migration, as well as the DV lottery, back in 2018. 

US is automatic for parents, Canada has a lot of qualifications 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 minutes ago, Boiler said:

US is automatic for parents, Canada has a lot of qualifications 

Nope. In Canada PR’s can sponsor parents too (I think with the US only citizens can?), plus there’s a ‘super visa’ that allows parents to stay for years if they want without a full PR application (or whilst waiting for one to be processed). Other than an income requirement and a medical, just like the US, it’s pretty straightforward. 

Edited by appleblossom

Timeline

Super Visa is effectively a tourist visa.

The key difference is that the super visa allows an individual to stay for up to 5 years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only. There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to get a super visa.

Sponsoring Parents last time I looked required you to come up in a lottery.

Canada is different, is probably the simplest comment, it does favour Employment based applicants.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 hours ago, Boiler said:

Super Visa is effectively a tourist visa.

The key difference is that the super visa allows an individual to stay for up to 5 years at a time in Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only. There are also specific requirements that you must meet to be able to get a super visa.

Sponsoring Parents last time I looked required you to come up in a lottery.

Canada is different, is probably the simplest comment, it does favour Employment based applicants.

It does slightly favour them, yes - 60% ish employment based PR and the rest family based. But my initial point was that other countries don't allow siblings or adult children to be sponsored, if Canada did then the weighting would certainly swing the other way. The parent sponsorship isn't really relevant, most countries allow that, it's the siblings/non dependent children that is the reason I personally wouldn't be jumping up and down and bringing government's attention to that when so many are against it. JMO though, it's just not something I'd risk doing unless I was 100% sure my congressman would be on my side.

Enough of this discussion about Canada PR; we are getting distracted from the original topic. My main point is that we need the attention of congresspersons to direct the State Department to ensure that each embassy processes a minimum of 10-20 F2B visas. Embassies should update the PD (Priority Date) accordingly, considering the number of visas that specific countries can receive based on demand. That's the essence of it.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

Asked this a while back on some forum but never got any answers. 👇🏽 Anybody with some insights?

Hello VJ,

Now that there is notice that F2B may 
 retrogress at some point in future and F1 dates has started moving, it is a very possible that F1 final action dates may overtake F2B at some point. 

For those whose petitioners have since naturalized, I know there is an option to request USCIS to retain F2B category because of a favourable cut off date. In the event F1 dates become favourable to the applicant, I know its also possible to request USCIS to switch the case to F1.

Question: How many times can one switch between the two categories as dates become favourable to them? Is there a limit to the number of times one can request switch in categories?

Timeline

You can not.

Timeline

You can not upgrade I thought you know that

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You can not upgrade I thought you know that

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry but it's still unclear to me what exactly you mean…? Cannot upgrade visa categories? Cannot request change multiple times?? Cannot change at all ???

You've said one 'Can not' upgrade visa categories yet one can as stated 👇🏽:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/national-visa-center/immigrant-visas-processing-general-faqs.html

...but what I do not know / not clear (hence my question ) is if one can keep requesting change of categories as VB becomes current in the respective favourable category, and if there is a limit to do so (As asked above).

Screenshot_20230718-220940_Chrome.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Do you guys think we'll have progress in the September 23 visa bulletin? (October is when the number of visas renew).

If it regresses how much do you foresee? And when will it move forward again?

If anyone has a rationale behind the prediction it would help a lot!

13 hours ago, GusHD said:

Do you guys think we'll have progress in the September 23 visa bulletin? (October is when the number of visas renew).

If it regresses how much do you foresee? And when will it move forward again?

If anyone has a rationale behind the prediction it would help a lot!

It's challenging to predict movement in the category when it hasn't shown any progress for the past two years. One of the issues is the backlog created by allocating half of the visas to one specific country this fiscal year, leaving only a few visas for the rest of the countries, with an average of 5-10 visas per country (as most countries don't have as many F2B applicants as F2A). You can refer to my previous post for more details on this. Unless the State Department intervenes by prioritizing other countries as well, it's unlikely to see significant movement. Let's wait and see

F2B.Move.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.