Mi_Mo

Passport Returned (Administrative Process)

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

Jim Hacking Law Practice. There are a lot of ppl that us him on VJ. He has done a lot for Middle Eastern ppl. He even has ppl in his practice that speak Arabic if u need it. He filed really fast once I hired him. One thing I like is that they kee u up to date every time something happens with ur case via email. 
He is one of many. Watch his videos on u tube to get better idea of his practice. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Just now, HKS said:

Jim Hacking Law Practice. There are a lot of ppl that us him on VJ. He has done a lot for Middle Eastern ppl. He even has ppl in his practice that speak Arabic if u need it. He filed really fast once I hired him. One thing I like is that they kee u up to date every time something happens with ur case via email. 
He is one of many. Watch his videos on u tube to get better idea of his practice. 

Yes! I’ve seen him and actually he was my go to. I’ll def. reach out to them again. 
Thank you so much! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, HKS said:

oh ok i didn’t realize that K1 wasnt an immigrant visa. 
But yeah, something weird is happening at the Embassies. Did you get a reason? 

CEAC changing from "Immigrant" to "Non-immigrant" for K1 in the later stages is completely normal since it's ultimately a Non-immigrant visa. It's initially processed by the Immigrant visa section, and interviews are normally done by consular officers for immigrant visas.

Edited by JacobP

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JacobP said:

CEAC changing from "Immigrant" to "Non-immigrant" for K1 in the later stages is completely normal since it's ultimately a Non-immigrant visa. It's initially processed by the Immigrant visa section, and interviews are normally done by consular officers for immigrant visas.

Makes sense. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
8 hours ago, HKS said:

Im confused why would it go from immigrant to non-immigrat. Did they switch it from K1 to something else. I didnt think that was possible. Maybe someone else can comment on that part. 

This is normal for K1s.

My wifes k1 visa switched a few times, I want to say twice.

Idk why it does it, but just does.  I've seen some people state it just means someone is touching the case lol

But my wife never recieved her passport back prior to getting the visa.  They actually took it at the end of her interview.

NOTE: Black & Bold = Visa Related

02/16/2018: Met online on a mobile game called Guns of Glory

10/03/2018: I129f sent

10/05/2018: NOA1

02/26/2019: NOA2 

03/19/2019: NVC received

03/22/2019: NVC case # assigned

04/02/2019: Consulate received

08/21/2019: Medical - passed on vaccines so insurance can be used in the USA.

08/22/2019: ASC

08/27/2019: Interview -APPROVED!!!

09/11/2019: Entered USA through Chicago O'hare

09/20/2019: Married

10/09/2019: Filed AOS

11/12/2019: Biometric appointment

12/13/2019: RFE (birth certificate)

Total time spent together before K1 interview: 65 days.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Russel1995 said:

This is normal for K1s.

My wifes k1 visa switched a few times, I want to say twice.

Idk why it does it, but just does.  I've seen some people state it just means someone is touching the case lol

But my wife never recieved her passport back prior to getting the visa.  They actually took it at the end of her interview.

The day of the interview the consular returned the passport, that’s why for some reason they requested my fiancé to submit it. We’re you under administrative process too? 

Timeline
Just now, Mi_Mo said:

The day of the interview the consular returned the passport, that’s why for some reason they requested my fiancé to submit it. We’re you under administrative process too? 

Yes.  Were were under AP for a couple days.  Administrative processing is 100% normal and nothing to worry about.

I just don't know why they returned the passport.  My wifes country was mexico and so the process may be different for your embassy.

Timeline
Just now, Russel1995 said:

Yes.  Were were under AP for a couple days.  Administrative processing is 100% normal and nothing to worry about.

I just don't know why they returned the passport.  My wifes country was mexico and so the process may be different for your embassy.

We’ve been waiting for 72 days now, he was initially requested to fill out form DS 5535, common for the Middle East :( 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mi_Mo said:

We’ve been waiting for 72 days now, he was initially requested to fill out form DS 5535, common for the Middle East :( 

The DS 5535 is insane. Just an excuse to keep us in AP forever. It is being reviewed by current administration for its effectiveness and usefulness. Hopefully it will be thrown out. It is part of the Muslim ban BS. We got it as well in December 2020. But was cleared and told “processing completed “ but idk what happened when we got put back into AP for no reason. It kills me that they don’t communicate anything. Id like to know what they are so worried about so I can send proof that it isnt a problem. 
no one understands the level of crazy until u go through DS5535. Some of the questions on it were on another level. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Russel1995 said:

Because everything is harder and takes longer in Middle Eastern countries. I’d bet no one from Mexico gets DS 5535. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HKS said:

Because everything is harder and takes longer in Middle Eastern countries. I’d bet no one from Mexico gets DS 5535. 

Yup, I bet they don't get DS 5535 either.  So like I said, different process than the country my wife is from.

But stillis normal for the CEAC status to change during AP.  Is it normal in middle eastern countries for them not to take the passport?

I'm guessing yes as the AP takes so long.  That could be a long time to not have your passport.

Timeline
Just now, Russel1995 said:

Yup, I bet they don't get DS 5535 either.  So like I said, different process than the country my wife is from.

But stillis normal for the CEAC status to change during AP.  Is it normal in middle eastern countries for them not to take the passport?

I'm guessing yes as the AP takes so long.  That could be a long time to not have your passport.

Considering it can take anywhere from 2 months to 4 years to clear DS5535....

yes it is normal to be given your passport back. Especially if u have to travel to another country to get your interview cause the embassy in your country is closed. Totally ridiculous to take over 2 years to get a spousal visa. Some ppl here get fiancé visas in 6 months. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, HKS said:

The DS 5535 is insane. Just an excuse to keep us in AP forever. It is being reviewed by current administration for its effectiveness and usefulness. Hopefully it will be thrown out. It is part of the Muslim ban BS. We got it as well in December 2020. But was cleared and told “processing completed “ but idk what happened when we got put back into AP for no reason. It kills me that they don’t communicate anything. Id like to know what they are so worried about so I can send proof that it isnt a problem. 
no one understands the level of crazy until u go through DS5535. Some of the questions on it were on another level. 

Exactly! It’s ridiculous! I believe from the time a petition is sent, it goes through many stages before arriving to the embassy, including many background checks. If they were to find anything ilegal with the beneficery  there’s no way the USCIS would give you an approval. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, HKS said:

Considering it can take anywhere from 2 months to 4 years to clear DS5535....

yes it is normal to be given your passport back. Especially if u have to travel to another country to get your interview cause the embassy in your country is closed. Totally ridiculous to take over 2 years to get a spousal visa. Some ppl here get fiancé visas in 6 months. 

I petitioned my fiancé since 2019! I don’t even know if to cry or laugh at this point 🤷🏽‍♀️ It’s ridiculous 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.