2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, Demise said:

As per the I-601 instructions in this particular case (permanent bar for re-entry) they'll have to file I-601 and provide evidence that there is a "connection" between the abuse and removal, departure, or re-entry. If there is a cause and effect there, even if it's indirect it can be won, but if there's not (e.g. the departure and re-entry happened before they got married) then the I-485 is toast and the only option left to get permanent residence via VAWA for them would be via Cancellation of Removal at an immigration court.

Thank you, that's very insightful. Yes, it seems I am eligible and may be able to prove the connection along with extreme hardship. 

3 hours ago, Cottoncandyskies said:

Thank you, that's very insightful. Yes, it seems I am eligible and may be able to prove the connection along with extreme hardship. 

You don't need to prove extreme hardship for this.

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

30 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

Hello everyone,

I have advanced parole, but I’m so afraid to use it. I want to go visit my family in my home country. Did anyone fly to their home country recently? If yes, how was your experience of returning back to USA? 

If you don't have any pending removal orders, no criminals records and are coming back through JFK you will not have a problem. I mentioned JFK in your profile you have PA. 

41 minutes ago, Vale1 said:

I can’t believe it! Another prima facie valid for six months. November 2018. I mean... 

Hang in there, it may be your background security checks are not cleared yet. This delay Vawa case a lot. 

Edited by FeDaniela

Filed: Timeline
33 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

Hello everyone,

I have advanced parole, but I’m so afraid to use it. I want to go visit my family in my home country. Did anyone fly to their home country recently? If yes, how was your experience of returning back to USA? 

I applied for AP but I'm not planning to use it. So many VJ members have gone and come back with no issues, but then again someone here, just the other day said in some airports AP travellers are having problems entering the country. 

The thing is AP does not guarantee entry. 

46 minutes ago, ValeryK said:

Hello everyone,

i used it 2 times in 9 months. I am planning to use it again in next 2 months. 

I came to JFK. It was very smooth. No questions were asked whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Evasn said:

Which line did you use with AP in JFk ( meaning tourists or gc) I'm planning to use mine soon,also kind of scared  

You would go to Tourist and visitor line. Once you reached to window the office will take you to the secondary inspections. Depending on how busy they are, usually it should not take more than 10 mins there. I was out less than 10 mins.

Hi everyone, 

Feeling a little down today, trying to stay strong I have being a silent reader and October 2019 flier, today I got my 3rd PF ( 180 days extension) was really hoping for a miracle approval, I know we still have some early 2019 fliers waiting too. I guess the wait continues. Any oct 2019 flier waiting??

8 minutes ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

Feeling a little down today, trying to stay strong I have being a silent reader and October 2019 flier, today I got my 3rd PF ( 180 days extension) was really hoping for a miracle approval, I know we still have some early 2019 fliers waiting too. I guess the wait continues. Any oct 2019 flier waiting??

Hi Lulu,

Stay strong. There are few September 2019 approvals here lately. Your time is coming. Stay strong 

7 minutes ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

🙋‍♂️Right here. Oct 2019. It is true that I feel down as well. I religiously check my status everyday. But not even an RFE so far. Got my 3rd PF a few days ago. The renewal sent on c09 is also pending. But a good friend of mine from May 2019 got approved yesterday. So that tells me that I am only 4 months away. So I concentrate on my studies and make myself a deadline to finish a few things before my vawa approval. That’s how I get by. 

26 minutes ago, balo101 said:

Hi Lulu,

Stay strong. There are few September 2019 approvals here lately. Your time is coming. Stay strong 

Thank you! 

24 minutes ago, Rambo4447 said:

🙋‍♂️Right here. Oct 2019. It is true that I feel down as well. I religiously check my status everyday. But not even an RFE so far. Got my 3rd PF a few days ago. The renewal sent on c09 is also pending. But a good friend of mine from May 2019 got approved yesterday. So that tells me that I am only 4 months away. So I concentrate on my studies and make myself a deadline to finish a few things before my vawa approval. That’s how I get by. 

No RFE too 

thank you, I will concentrate on other things 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.