2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Pinkrlion said:

Yes a I-485 can be denied.  You will have to see why it is denied.  Some reasons are the adjudicator did not hold it, married fraud, CMT, you do not qualify for benefit.

Well if I-360 is already approved isn’t it enough to justify that the petitioner/ beneficiary has proved bona fide mariage, qualify for the benefit? 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Faith2020 said:

Well if I-360 is already approved isn’t it enough to justify that the petitioner/ beneficiary has proved bona fide mariage, qualify for the benefit? 

I-485 is its own petition, you have to prove everything all over again when you apply.  Also, past information prior to VAWA is looked at.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

3 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi, Congratulations! Can you please share your timeline and location? Ty

Thank you!

August 2018 - filed  I-360 

2 RFEs

August 2020, i360 was approved 

Filed i-485 in August 2020 and was received by USCIS on 09/01/2020. 
Case was transferred on 11/09/2020.

Fingerprint was done by 02/12/2021.

Received interview notice on 04/23/2021

Interview - 06/09/2021

50 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

Hey guys so I filled my i360 vs i485 in June 2019 my i360 was approved on March 23,how long you think I’ll have to wait for my i485 interview? Cuz I don’t have any updates on it since Jude 2019 which is saying case was received 

Most people get their interview 5-12 months after i360 approval.. others wait even longer! So be patient it will come. You may even be approved without an interview as we’ve seen here countlessly. Keep busy and stay prayerful!😊👍

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Most people get their interview 5-12 months after i360 approval.. others wait even longer! So be patient it will come. You may even be approved without an interview as we’ve seen here countlessly. Keep busy and stay prayerful!😊👍

can you travel abroad when you get I360 approval ? or you have to wait until the interview ? 

6 hours ago, Tumiluv said:

Thank you!

August 2018 - filed  I-360 

2 RFEs

August 2020, i360 was approved 

Filed i-485 in August 2020 and was received by USCIS on 09/01/2020. 
Case was transferred on 11/09/2020.

Fingerprint was done by 02/12/2021.

Received interview notice on 04/23/2021

Interview - 06/09/2021

Thanks hun! Is it at NYC? Mine is Sept 2018. Hopefully it’ll come soon!  Keep us posted! Goodluck on your interview!

11 minutes ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Thanks hun! Is it at NYC? Mine is Sept 2018. Hopefully it’ll come soon!  Keep us posted! Goodluck on your interview!

I’m in Los Angeles, California 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.