2,947 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Sumar9909 said:

They had issues with proving that we resided together and that we got married in good faith. I'm in the process of writing a detailed aftadavit. I also asked close friends and families for aftadavit as well 

Have you submitted any bills, insurances, leases, bank statements, taxes, etc., if you do not mind answering? 

the only reason why I am curious, is that in my RFE they did not like the fact that I only had a few bills, therefore they are asking me for the same things again.

I am wondering what other ppl have submitted before receiving the same RFE

7 minutes ago, Zzz___1 said:

Have you submitted any bills, insurances, leases, bank statements, taxes, etc., if you do not mind answering? 

the only reason why I am curious, is that in my RFE they did not like the fact that I only had a few bills, therefore they are asking me for the same things again.

I don't have any of the above so I'm writing a detailed story stating everything from courting to marriage and the reason why I don't have any bills or insurance etc

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi!

I had my I-485 interview two months ago and I haven't received any updates since then. I submitted a service request and wrote a letter to Vermont - no response. My congresswoman, senator and the ombudsman also reached out to USCIS a couple of weeks ago but received no response either. Do you know how long I have to wait before I can sue USCIS? I was wondering whether I have two wait 120 days after the interview or does it have to be longer? Thank you!

I had a few cases that took 4/6 months after the interview to get the Green card.

Timeline
On 3/29/2021 at 6:56 PM, Apolo said:

Good evening VJ Family can you please advice is is bad that after a interview the status of the I-485 has changed to Interview completed case must be reviewed? Can anyone please share their experience or similas situations and the outoce after that? Thank you

It's normal.

Timeline
16 hours ago, saraa88 said:

Does anyone have any info on traveling with Advance Parole during covid/travel ban? It would be to Ireland which I believe falls under travel ban. I know US citizen/permanent resident spouses are exempt from ban. I am divorced but have a valid advance parole document and VAWA approved. Is this very risky to travel? Thanks!

Irland has the COVID-19 Travel Restrictions, then don't travel. A VAWA petitioner is NOT exempt from the travel ban such as U.S Citizen,GC holder,A,C-E-1 visa holders, member of the U.S armed forces etc.

19 minutes ago, sandranj said:

It's normal.

Thank you @sandranj I was worried that something went wrong the IO was firm and when he started to ask about my spouse and my Atthorney said no you can’t ask anything about that and the abuse he got irritated and I could hear the irritation in his voice and after the interview was done my attorney asked him is everything ok with my case when can we expect a decision and he was the decision wil be made by me I’m in control and it can take up to 120 days idk why he was so pissed at us hope he won’t deny my case based on personal reasons. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
6 hours ago, DmytriiD said:

Hi VAWA Community,

I got a status update on my I360 today on 30MAR21 "New Card is Being Produced".

Receipt date is 24APR19.

Total 3 Prima Facie's and 3 EAD+AP Cards while pending.

I am so happy for you. I know the wait was not easy. Congratulations

On 3/20/2021 at 5:26 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Wow! it just keeps getting better congratulations!🎉🎉🎉🍷🍹😊 more wins ahead!🙌

Thank you @Stillwinning!!!😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello Vawa family,

Can someone please explain to me what this status means? Does this mean that my case is at NBC or at my local office. Fwiw they transferred my case to another office for processing on March 17 and then March 18 it says new office has jurisdiction. I haven't gotten any notice by mail. Thank you in advance.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.33.27 PM.png

13 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Hello Vawa family,

Can someone please explain to me what this status means? Does this mean that my case is at NBC or at my local office. Fwiw they transferred my case to another office for processing on March 17 and then March 18 it says new office has jurisdiction. I haven't gotten any notice by mail. Thank you in advance.

Since your vawa has been approved, your i485 is transferred to NBC and then to your local office...where it will join the queue for interview so yeah it’s progress!🤛☺️

31 minutes ago, Maridade said:

Hello Vawa family,

This just means your case has been transferred to be reviewed. You are getting very close to getting that GC!!!!!! Congratulations! Hopefully they will call you for the interview very very soon. I have heard that many have had their interview waived during the pandemic... I don’t know if it included the VAWA filers but either way, I hope yours goes smoothly. 

By the way, does anyone know how the interview goes down generally? What kind of questions do they ask? Do they ask about the reason you filed for VAWA? I have read that they are not really supposed to, but wanted to check with you guys. 

3 hours ago, Zzz___1 said:

I believe in submitting All Available proof of good faith marriage, shared residence and abuse.Based on valuable information in older threads, I interfiled lot of documents After initial filing, and was approved with out RFE. If i blindly went by my expensive lawyer, my approval would have taken longer. Please collect everything you have and send it over 🙏🏽

1 hour ago, Ocean23 said:

This just means your case has been transferred to be reviewed. You are getting very close to getting that GC!!!!!! Congratulations! Hopefully they will call you for the interview very very soon. I have heard that many have had their interview waived during the pandemic... I don’t know if it included the VAWA filers but either way, I hope yours goes smoothly. 

By the way, does anyone know how the interview goes down generally? What kind of questions do they ask? Do they ask about the reason you filed for VAWA? I have read that they are not really supposed to, but wanted to check with you guys. 

I was asked yes/no questions and when I entered the country. No questions on vawa were asked. But if they do, I believe you can politely ask to speak with supervisor as vawa is not in their jurisdiction.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.