Kevin15238

N400 application what Documents required?

17 posts in this topic

Hello All,

Im going to mail my N400 application and mail my documents as well but I'm not sure What documents I need to mail to the USCIS and where I can find the list of documents for N400 Application? 

Thank you for your time.

Evidence. At the time of filing, you must submit all evidence and supporting documentation listed in the Required Evidence section of these Instructions.
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/n-400instr.pdf

It is strongly suggested you file online and not by mail. Online filing (1) gives you instructions on what you need to submit based on your answers (2) gives you an immediate filing receipt vs a month or more by mall given current delays and backlogs with physical mail 

1 hour ago, Kevin15238 said:

Im going to mail my N400

Note that USCIS states the following: https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-lockbox-updates

As a result of COVID-19 restrictions, an increase in filings, current postal service volume and other external factors, you may experience a delay of four to six weeks in receiving your receipt notice after properly filing an application or petition with a USCIS lockbox.

Thank you all for the information. I was not aware of that at all. 😕 

My main concern is that I have bulk of evidence supporting my application. Is there will be enough space to upload all the documents ? I don't want to be stuck in the middle of uploading documents..

for example my 5 years tax return , W2, Tax transcript. They are approx. 50 pages.

my divorce decree is about 10 page and 3 affidavits..... and many more documents 

or there is limit to upload a file ?

57 minutes ago, Kevin15238 said:

Thank you all for the information. I was not aware of that at all. 😕 

My main concern is that I have bulk of evidence supporting my application. Is there will be enough space to upload all the documents ? I don't want to be stuck in the middle of uploading documents..

for example my 5 years tax return , W2, Tax transcript. They are approx. 50 pages.

my divorce decree is about 10 page and 3 affidavits..... and many more documents 

or there is limit to upload a file ?

You don’t upload your tax return and W2, you get tax transcripts from the IRS and upload those. For most people those are not more than a few pages per year. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

If you are not naturalizing based on marriage you don’t need those anyway (you mention a divorce decree)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

So I am preparing to file for citizenship under the 3 year rule with my I-751 still pending. And while reading the instruction it says I need the current marriage certificate. What does current exactly mean? Current as in, marriage certificate to the current spouse (for cases where you've been married before) or current as in time. Basically do I have to submit a marriage certificate that is issued in the last X months? I would have to get that marriage certificate from my country if the latter is the case.

4 minutes ago, kubes said:

So I am preparing to file for citizenship under the 3 year rule with my I-751 still pending. And while reading the instruction it says I need the current marriage certificate. What does current exactly mean? Current as in, marriage certificate to the current spouse (for cases where you've been married before) or current as in time. Basically do I have to submit a marriage certificate that is issued in the last X months? I would have to get that marriage certificate from my country if the latter is the case.

1. Please don’t hijack

2. Current as in current marriage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

1. Please don’t hijack

2. Current as in current marriage.

Oh I'm so sorry, I did not mean to. I though it was a thread for all questions as far as needed documents goes. I apologise! I'll find the right threads.

Thank you very much for your response!

3 minutes ago, kubes said:

Oh I'm so sorry, I did not mean to. I though it was a thread for all questions as far as needed documents goes. I apologise! I'll find the right threads.

Thank you very much for your response!

That is how it works on some forums but VJ likes people to make their own threads for questions..

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 4:17 PM, SusieQQQ said:

You don’t upload your tax return and W2, you get tax transcripts from the IRS and upload those. For most people those are not more than a few pages per year. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript 

If you are not naturalizing based on marriage you don’t need those anyway (you mention a divorce decree)

Hey!

I’m having issues with getting my phone number verified at the IRS transcripts account webpage so I decided to send tax returns instead since it says this on USCIS website:

image.thumb.jpeg.7e804238c9f37e2331db3d0b971f6844.jpeg

Is there a reason you recommend otherwise and/or is it a bad idea to send the returns? I won’t be sending a ton of evidence apart from what’s required and maybe add it in supporting documents if i do have something outside of the required stuff.

Thanks!

image.jpeg

Edited by shkabaan

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

4 hours ago, shkabaan said:

Hey!

I’m having issues with getting my phone number verified at the IRS transcripts account webpage so I decided to send tax returns instead since it says this on USCIS website:

image.thumb.jpeg.7e804238c9f37e2331db3d0b971f6844.jpeg

Is there a reason you recommend otherwise and/or is it a bad idea to send the returns? I won’t be sending a ton of evidence apart from what’s required and maybe add it in supporting documents if i do have something outside of the required stuff.

Thanks!

image.jpeg

A filled in tax return doesn’t prove you actually submitted it or paid the correct tax amount,  the documents from the IRS do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
11 hours ago, shkabaan said:

I’m having issues with getting my phone number verified at the IRS transcripts account webpage

I don't know what specific issues you are having, but I was having a hard time getting everything verified because I was not receiving the confirmation emails from them. I switched to using a gmail account and the email confirmations came right away. Didn't have any issues receiving the confirmation texts to my phone though, so if that is your only issue, then I am of no help there, sorry.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

3 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

I don't know what specific issues you are having, but I was having a hard time getting everything verified because I was not receiving the confirmation emails from them. I switched to using a gmail account and the email confirmations came right away. Didn't have any issues receiving the confirmation texts to my phone though, so if that is your only issue, then I am of no help there, sorry.

Yeah I’m having issues with verification too. Email came through fine but I put my phone number in without dashes or anything and it says “can’t be verified” some people have suggested using xxx-xxx-xxxx format with dashes and some have said I need to send a text to IRS short-code 77958 to opt-in for password service before they can send a text so I did that. But right now my account creation is locked for 24 hours because I tried 3 times already. Didn’t know there was a limit on there. I’ll try again tonight having done a couple of those suggestions and see how it goes.
Thanks for your response! 

AOS:

05/23/2018:     Sent in all four forms.

10/10/2018:     Interview at Detroit Field Office - Green Card Approved.

11/10/2018:     Green Card Received (Starting CPR 10/15/2018)

ROC:

07/24/2020:     Packet sent.

03/25/2021:     ROC Approved

03/29/2021:     Green Card Received

N-400:

07/17/2021:     Online Submission. NOA and Bio Reused 07/17.
10/20/2021:     Interview Scheduled for 12/03

01/12/2022:     Oath Ceremony

On 3/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, SusieQQQ said:

Evidence. At the time of filing, you must submit all evidence and supporting documentation listed in the Required Evidence section of these Instructions.
https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/forms/n-400instr.pdf

It is strongly suggested you file online and not by mail. Online filing (1) gives you instructions on what you need to submit based on your answers (2) gives you an immediate filing receipt vs a month or more by mall given current delays and backlogs with physical mail 

Thank you for your post, it is informative to me starting on naturalization filing very soon. Will the charges be done online too?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.