1,047 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Guys,

I swear I am not making this up:

Petition APPROVED, like right now (02:05 PM, 01-Nov-2021).

3 hrs after receiving the "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" update, I logged in to USCIS website and the approval notice was under documents

PD date 23-Aug-2021 (NOA1)

Texas Service Center

Wow well you’re definitely the fastest Texas petition on here… does it say Texas on the approval letter? Congrats :)  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, Hubbster14 said:

Wow well you’re definitely the fastest Texas petition on here… does it say Texas on the approval letter? Congrats :)  

Yes it shows Irving TX 75038-0012

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

That’s crazy. I’m PD 2/26/21 at Texas and they’re only going through December petitions mostly now 

they play that game from time to time to manage their average times and show better performance 

It is misleading for sure

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, etrangais said:

Guys,

I swear I am not making this up:

Petition APPROVED, like right now (02:05 PM, 01-Nov-2021).

3 hrs after receiving the "Case is Being Actively Reviewed by USCIS" update, I logged in to USCIS website and the approval notice was under documents

PD date 23-Aug-2021 (NOA1)

Texas Service Center

Same I-130??? Nice. Congratulations 👏👏👏

Timeline
3 minutes ago, martẹ said:

Same I-130??? Nice. Congratulations 👏👏👏

Thank you Marte,

Yeap, it is the same I-130

I front loaded the application with all kind of supporting documents.

I even added an affidavit for not having wedding pictures due to COVID-19 restrictions in Morocco not allowing any parties AT ALL (at the time) (Punishable offense)

Edited by etrangais

I am getting super confused with the NVC stage. I'm just not sure what we need to upload and mail in now, and what waits until interview. Feeling so overwhelmed with the whole process currently. My husband (US citizen) and I both live in the UK currently. We will need to establish his intended domicile but he cant apply for jobs etc until we have a more solid date for our move. So confused. If anyone had any tips or helpful info it would be SO appreciated right now. I've just looked over the step by step guide on here but still feeling rather lost.

44 minutes ago, chb said:

I am getting super confused with the NVC stage. I'm just not sure what we need to upload and mail in now, and what waits until interview. Feeling so overwhelmed with the whole process currently. My husband (US citizen) and I both live in the UK currently. We will need to establish his intended domicile but he cant apply for jobs etc until we have a more solid date for our move. So confused. If anyone had any tips or helpful info it would be SO appreciated right now. I've just looked over the step by step guide on here but still feeling rather lost.

Your husband doesn't have to look for jobs just yet. But, he should write a letter outlining all the steps he has taken so far towards his return to the States.

This link is fairly useful:

https://citizenpath.com/reestablish-us-domicile-filing-form-i-864/#:~:text=If you are a U.S.,make it your permanent home.

1 minute ago, Kor2USA said:

Your husband doesn't have to look for jobs just yet. But, he should write a letter outlining all the steps he has taken so far towards his return to the States.

This link is fairly useful:

https://citizenpath.com/reestablish-us-domicile-filing-form-i-864/#:~:text=If you are a U.S.,make it your permanent home.

Thank you so much, this is super helpful. Some of those steps we cant make until closer to knowing an actual move date. (Such as registering our boys for schools, applying for jobs, signing a lease, registering for utility bills). Hopefully we can convince them that we intend to move by opening a bank account online and writing a letter explaining that we will take those other steps closer to the time.

On 11/18/2021 at 2:16 AM, Hubbster14 said:

Hey guys,

Any recent approvals from Texas Service Center?

Unfortunately noooooo. STILL WAITING. I filed Feb 9th 2021 - the moment I found out my case was at Texas I knew I could be waiting a year+ but was still hopeful it would be quicker. Feeling so discouraged after 9 months of waiting and seeing sooo many other cases approved in 60-90 days 😭 happy for others who have gotten lucky but sad for me haha! I'm with my partner in his home country which I'm happy about but also missing my family back in the states sooooo much, over two years since I've seen them, some of them over three years... just want to see some kind of progress! 

Sorry if this isn't helpful... just here to empathize with others who have been waiting a long time.

On 10/14/2021 at 9:40 AM, caroydionis said:

Hello,

Is there anyone in this group who filled in February still waiting for their I-130 approval? Our case started off in Nebraska and then was transferred to Texas but we weren’t informed of the transfer until I called last month to ask. 

Our timeline:

Docs submitted online February 8, 2021

NOA1 February 9, 2021 

AR April 7, 2021

No updates since then 😞

OMG our timelines are almost identical !

No updates here either (switched to actively reviewing same time as yours - what false hope that gave me)

Will keep you updated when I get updates/ approval.

& Please do the same 🙏🙂

On 9/19/2021 at 4:27 AM, Ovid3 said:

It is free when your are applying for spouse of USC to get a K3. The same form is used for K1 applications, which come with the 535 dollars fee. Filling it is pretty straightforward: it is essentially a simpler version of I-130 and we didn't overthink it since the point was not to get a K3, which is a dead-end anyway, but simply to boost the main application. Again, the evidence that it does anything to help is anecdotal at best, but considering that all it took us was 2 hours on a Sunday and the price of a stamp, it was worth a shot!

I'm really confused the logic behind this - can someone explain?  So K3 is a nonimmigrant spousal visa, yes? - (Assumingly for 90 days like K1?) - so are people applying for these in hopes it will get approved before the green card and the spouse can stay in the U.S. while they continue to wait for green card processing? Or are there rumors submitting this nudges your I-130 along? I've seen a lot of chitchat about this on here and still not fully understand why anyone would bother hahaha 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Sammy.NZ said:

I'm really confused the logic behind this - can someone explain?  So K3 is a nonimmigrant spousal visa, yes? - (Assumingly for 90 days like K1?) - so are people applying for these in hopes it will get approved before the green card and the spouse can stay in the U.S. while they continue to wait for green card processing? Or are there rumors submitting this nudges your I-130 along? I've seen a lot of chitchat about this on here and still not fully understand why anyone would bother hahaha 

They’re hoping it nudges the i130. & there’s no filing fee so why not? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.