tombs07

I-751 March 2021 Filers

712 posts in this topic

Mailed: 3/2

Received: 3/4

Really need the 757 soon!!! How long are these typically taking now? 

K1                                                                                                       AOS

20 March 2017: We got engaged!!                                             13 June 2018 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP

06 June 2017 - Sent I-129F                                                         15 June 2018 - USCIS signature received.

12 June 2017 - Case was received.                                           20 June 2018 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP

14 June 2017 - NOA1                                                                   22 June 2018 - Cash checked

14 December 2017- NOA2                                                          23 June 2018 - Hardcopy i797 for AOS/EAD/AP

26 January 2018 - NVC Scan Date                                            17 July 2018 - Biometrics appt

29 January 2018 - NVC Number                                                24 July 2018 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

07 February 2018  -Medical                                                        27 Sept 2018 - Call to request EAD expedite based on pending job offer/financial hardship

20 February 2018 -Interview: APPROVED!                               6 Oct 2018 - Letter in mail stating "Your case is currently under review"

21 February 2018- Visa Issued                                                  16 Nov 2018 - EAD Approved                                                                             

23 February 2018-Visa in hand                                                  24 Nov 2018 - EAD/AP received in mail

20 March 2018 -POE: Los Angeles                                            26 Nov 2018 - SSN mail received 

20 May 2018-Marriage                                                                06 Nov 2018 - Interview Scheduled

16 March 2019 - Interview 

14 hours ago, Vj USerrr said:

We sent ours on March 8th ,delivered on March 10th Phoenix,AZ . Hopefully will receive the receipt number soon . Does anyone have idea how much time now it's taking for them to review and approve (or for interview) . Thanks in advance

Receipt notice and paper greencard extension could be anywhere from a month to two months from what I've seen in other threads.

Review and approval etc could be anywhere from 4 months to 24 months. It depends on where your case is assigned etc.

Hang tight! Expect the furthest date, and then if something happens sooner it's a pleasant surprise.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Joining this March group even though our window began 2-17-21. What a mess, my wife’s green card was dated 3 months too early based on the fact her I-485 approval was 8/23/19 so window opens on 5/17 not 2/17 so we go and have a appointment 2/25/21 and they tell us well we just have to file based on our notice to file which is wrong, they never even acknowledged their mistake but on 3/6/21 we mailed out the I-751. 

We got my wife’s passport stamped 2/25/21 and it’s valid through 5/17/21, we are still waiting on her greencard to be sent back to us as we had to surrender it when we filed the I-90. We are still waiting and the I-90 and last update says we should have a resolution in 3 months and next step is BIO metrics appointment.

Our I-751 binder is small with relevant info and a hand full of pics (5 total) I didn’t include any affidavit from family or friends. 

Maybe this is a good thing we can get this over sooner rather than later.

Edited by LarryHickman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

Joining this March group even though our window began 2-17-21. What a mess, my wife’s green card was dated 3 months too early based on the fact her I-485 approval was 8/23/19 so window opens on 5/17 not 2/17 so we go and have a appointment 2/25/21 and they tell us well we just have to file based on our notice to file which is wrong, they never even acknowledged their mistake but on 3/6/21 we mailed out the I-751. 

We got my wife’s passport stamped 2/25/21 and it’s valid through 5/17/21, we are still waiting on her greencard to be sent back to us as we had to surrender it when we filed the I-90. We are still waiting and the I-90 and last update says we should have a resolution in 3 months and next step is BIO metrics appointment.

Our I-751 binder is small with relevant info and a hand full of pics (5 total) I didn’t include any affidavit from family or friends. 

Maybe this is a good thing we can get this over sooner rather than later.

Ours was delivered to the Phoenix mailroom via UPS on 3/11/21 signed by PONCE. 

So it’s taking about a month after it’s received into the mail room for the USCIS to actually scan and acknowledge the I-751 then get a letter extension to the recipient?

Edited by LarryHickman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

My USPS delivery was received on 3/05. Still no cashed check or notice.

It seems that at least a month waiting is normal at the moment.

I'm worried that my green card is expiring soon. Hopefully I will not have any problems until I receive the notice.

Procrastinating on this was a terrible decision. 

20 hours ago, LarryHickman said:

Ours was delivered to the Phoenix mailroom via UPS on 3/11/21 signed by PONCE. 

So it’s taking about a month after it’s received into the mail room for the USCIS to actually scan and acknowledge the I-751 then get a letter extension to the recipient?

It is taking a month, yes; hopefully they pick up the pace soon!

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

8 minutes ago, Jose&Jeff said:

My USPS delivery was received on 3/05. Still no cashed check or notice.

It seems that at least a month waiting is normal at the moment.

I'm worried that my green card is expiring soon. Hopefully I will not have any problems until I receive the notice.

Procrastinating on this was a terrible decision. 

You shouldn't have any problems, you've sent the paperwork off, and hopefully in a couple of weeks you'll have the receipt notice/extension letter.

On the bright side once this next stage is over it's just a case of naturalising or renewing the gc every ten years?

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

6 hours ago, RambaCat said:

You shouldn't have any problems, you've sent the paperwork off, and hopefully in a couple of weeks you'll have the receipt notice/extension letter.

On the bright side once this next stage is over it's just a case of naturalising or renewing the gc every ten years?

That's correct: either naturalize if you do qualify for the 3-year marriage requirement (as long as you are still together) or renew after 10 years, yes.

48 minutes ago, Jimbersts said:

Can I use my husband's checkbook to send the payment? I am a joint owner on the account but my name is not on the check. 

If so, do I sign it or does he? ANd what info did you guys put in the memo? 

Any tips on organizing and assembly?

Your name doesn't have to be on the check. When we filed two years ago for the 2-year GC, I didn't have a check book and so I used my aunt's.

Now that I do have a checkbook which has my name and my wife's name. I signed it for I-751.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1liNArfs3TXRtN7EW9iQXDHeV2z6-ROZ-CQPjLC9HQl4/edit#gid=0

A person created this google doc for another month, but also created tabs for all other months to, you can see the other months too at the bottom of the page to give an idea of how long NOA1 etc are taking, more people that do it the better idea we all can have :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.