106 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, hope you’re all well.

I just thought to make a thread for people waiting to get an interview in the consulate in Lagos, Nigeria (for all categories), so that we can keep track of how long the backlog currently is.

Could everyone who posts please specify when they were DQ’d and when they got their interview, if they’ve got one, please. Thanks so much! 

I'm F2B, and I got DQ on 19/01/2020 

Edited by Dee Tayo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got this message from NVC this morning.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been for at least 60 days.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

Visa interviews at many U.S. Embassies and Consulates have been delayed as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.  For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://www.usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 120 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview.

Important: The applicant should not make any permanent financial commitments until they have received their immigrant visa. This includes activities such as:
        - Selling a house, car or property,
        - Resigning from a job, or;
        - Making other travel arrangements.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,
National Visa Center
U.S. Department of State
https://nvc.state.gov

Timeline
On 3/6/2021 at 3:23 AM, Chia-Lyns said:

I got this message from NVC this morning.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been for at least 60 days.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience.

Your case will remain at NVC until an appointment is scheduled, at which time we will send it to the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate General.  We will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable) when an appointment is scheduled.

The U.S. Embassy or Consulate tells NVC which dates they are holding interviews. NVC fills these appointments on a first-in, first-out basis and is unable to predict when an interview will be scheduled.

Visa interviews at many U.S. Embassies and Consulates have been delayed as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.  For the most up-to-date information about the U.S. Embassy or Consulate's operating status, please visit their website at https://www.usembassy.gov.

The next communication you receive from NVC will be either a notice that your appointment is scheduled, or if an appointment is not scheduled within the next 120 days, we will send a notice confirming that your case is still in line for an interview.

Important: The applicant should not make any permanent financial commitments until they have received their immigrant visa. This includes activities such as:
        - Selling a house, car or property,
        - Resigning from a job, or;
        - Making other travel arrangements.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Regards,
National Visa Center
U.S. Department of State
https://nvc.state.gov

You just got documentarily  qualified, you have joined the queues of those waiting to be called for an interview.

Congratulation and Goodluck!

Timeline
On 3/7/2021 at 8:06 AM, Onuoa said:

You just got documentarily  qualified, you have joined the queues of those waiting to be called for an interview.

Congratulation and Goodluck!

I got DQd since 6th of June last year. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, aobele1 said:

Ir1 Just g hour DQ today (March 11, 2021)... no interview date yet. 

Congratulations! At least, you have  successfully gone through that hurdle.

Timeline
On 2/28/2021 at 12:11 AM, Dee Tayo said:

Hello everyone, hope you’re all well.

I just thought to make a thread for people waiting to get an interview in the consulate in Lagos, Nigeria (for all categories), so that we can keep track of how long the backlog currently is.

Could everyone who posts please specify when they were DQ’d and when they got their interview, if they’ve got one, please. Thanks so much! 

I'm F2B, and I got DQ on 19/01/2020 

I'm f2B as well. When is your priority date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.