ScottFord

Sending Passport Photo from Philippines to Hawaii

6 posts in this topic

The Fiance Visa instructions say to submit both of our passport photo's.  I am thinking best way is for her to just mail hers to me.  Is there a preferred courier based on speed / cost?  Is there any recommendations on having her get her photo digitized and sent to me.  i read a few of the post here but... not really clear on best way.  she has a tablet, smart phone.  not a pc.  She is in Cebu Province if there is someone there that can provide this and send to my email.  if so... where would be a good resource to print this out?  Office Max?

Just to be sure; i do need to send in her photo with my intial application package right?

Thank you,

Scott

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, ScottFord said:

The Fiance Visa instructions say to submit both of our passport photo's.  I am thinking best way is for her to just mail hers to me.  Is there a preferred courier based on speed / cost?  Is there any recommendations on having her get her photo digitized and sent to me.  i read a few of the post here but... not really clear on best way.  she has a tablet, smart phone.  not a pc.  She is in Cebu Province if there is someone there that can provide this and send to my email.  if so... where would be a good resource to print this out?  Office Max?

Just to be sure; i do need to send in her photo with my intial application package right?

Thank you,

Scott

Hi there! This is what we did quick, easy and quite cheap. I went to take a pic at photographer and got the full quality digital image on a usb drive (be careful about the dimensions because US have different standards compared to many other countries). I saved the pic on a shared folder that we used to collect most of the documentation we needed (dropbox). My fiancé then printed the pic at the store where he get his own done.   

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, ScottFord said:

Thank you,

Scott

My wife is from Cebu.  We had ours taken at SM City mall.  The shop gave us printed as well as the digital image.  She simply emailed the image.  I printed the image at Walgreens 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

She can just take a selfie in the mirror, preferably  against a white background. Or a friend can take her picture.  She then just sends her photo to you other email or a texting app.  You then process the photo using any one of the numerous online passport photo sizers.  You then use other apps to cram six passport photos into a single 4x6 standard photo.  Then upload to your local drug store’s website and get it printed for about 30 cents.  

Then carefully cut the photos. 

Ny then fiancée sent me a selfie from a mirror.  I added the white background. Then did all the other steps.  

Much cheaper and more reliable than her using a courier.  And also, a photo she gets taken in a drug store is likely to be rejected.  I’ve rarely  had a Walgreens passport photo accepted and in either use expensive professional photographers, a selfie, or have someone else taken the photo.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Much cheaper and more reliable than her using a courier.  And also, a photo she gets taken in a drug store is likely to be rejected.  I’ve rarely  had a Walgreens passport photo accepted and in either use expensive professional photographers, a selfie, or have someone else taken the photo.  

How would someone in the Philippines get a passport photo taken at a drug store?  They don't have Walgreens or CVS stores.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Regardless of how the beneficiary takes the picture or has it taken, sending an image file to the petitioner who then has it printed (either via an online photo printing service, at a store's photo center, or on their own printer if you've got photo paper and are good at cropping things cleanly) is faster, cheaper, and simpler than trying to ship a physical picture.

That's what I did with Anastasia's pictures back when I filed the I-129F (she emailed me an image file, I sent them to walmart.com to print because they have a passport photo option that's not too expensive and I didn't want to bother with cutting pictures). Also what I did with a picture taken on my phone for our son's passport (though the state department tends to enforce rules less strictly for infant passport photos than for adults and older children).

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.