Tracki07

Planning Ahead for NOA2/Consular Processing

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I just received my NOA1 recently (receipt date in the notification November 2, actually got the text on Feb 2). My fiance is in El Salvador. I am blessed that I am able to visit him every few months. I am visiting him in March during my spring break (I am a teacher), and then was not planning to be able to visit again until late June. Our VJ estimated timeline says adjudication could be as soon as July 8, but I don't know what that date actually means. I want to bring him the documents he will need for his interview in person rather than mailing them since mail is unpredictable- things like Affidavit of Support, supporting financial documents, another letter of intent, continued evidence of ongoing relationship pictures and stuff, etc. I was going to bring them in March when I go, but I worry that if the interview isn't until way later (like July or later), will it be bad if things like my letter from my employer, statement from my bank, the date I signed the Affidavit of support, are backdated? If there isn't much likelihood that he will be interviewed before the end of June then I guess I could wait until then...I would just really rather not send those important documents in the mail. I did just see that another person had a K-1 interview that was approved in the El Salvador consulate at the end of December so it looks like they are doing at least some K1 visa interviews. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think "adjudication" means the NOA2 (basically the end of the US portion of the process)-- after that, your fiancé will still have to deal with the El Salvador consulate, schedule a medical and interview, etc-- which will probably take some more months.

I'm in the same time group, and I definitely don't think either of our loved ones are getting an interview in July. I'm expecting maybe end of 2021 or more likely 2022. So I'm pretty sure you have some time to collect those documents.

Edited by hedgemaze

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

1 hour ago, Tracki07 said:

I just received my NOA1 recently (receipt date in the notification November 2, actually got the text on Feb 2). My fiance is in El Salvador. I am blessed that I am able to visit him every few months. I am visiting him in March during my spring break (I am a teacher), and then was not planning to be able to visit again until late June. Our VJ estimated timeline says adjudication could be as soon as July 8, but I don't know what that date actually means. I want to bring him the documents he will need for his interview in person rather than mailing them since mail is unpredictable- things like Affidavit of Support, supporting financial documents, another letter of intent, continued evidence of ongoing relationship pictures and stuff, etc. I was going to bring them in March when I go, but I worry that if the interview isn't until way later (like July or later), will it be bad if things like my letter from my employer, statement from my bank, the date I signed the Affidavit of support, are backdated? If there isn't much likelihood that he will be interviewed before the end of June then I guess I could wait until then...I would just really rather not send those important documents in the mail. I did just see that another person had a K-1 interview that was approved in the El Salvador consulate at the end of December so it looks like they are doing at least some K1 visa interviews. 

None of those documents need to be mailed or hand delivered.   Everything can be sent electronically.  Just get everything updated when he finally has an interview date on the books.

Adjudication is when the petition is finally looked at for approval or denial at the California Service Center.  After that, there can be RFEs, etc.  With COVID, approved petitions have been sitting at the NVC since interviews are not taking place at most consulates.

I would say it is very unlikely you will have an interview before next fall, and you will have plenty of time to get current documents sent.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tracki07 said:

I don't think there is a chance for an interview in 2021.  I would expect early 2022.

YMMV

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

None of those documents need to be mailed or hand delivered.   Everything can be sent electronically.  Just get everything updated when he finally has an interview date on the books.

Adjudication is when the petition is finally looked at for approval or denial at the California Service Center.  After that, there can be RFEs, etc.  With COVID, approved petitions have been sitting at the NVC since interviews are not taking place at most consulates.

I would say it is very unlikely you will have an interview before next fall, and you will have plenty of time to get current documents sent.

Oh ok, I thought they liked to have original signatures on stuff? Good to know it can all be electronic and printed! I won't worry about it then.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, yvonme said:

There are no interviews until 2022? Is this for country specific of the OP? 

We weren't saying that, and it depends on the country (some are doing K-1 interviews now, some aren't; there's going to be a big backlog for consulates to get through regardless before they get to us).

But the process takes long enough that I wouldn't be surprised if people like me and the OP, who applied in November, don't get interviews until early 2022.

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
1 minute ago, hedgemaze said:

We weren't saying that, and it depends on the country (some are doing K-1 interviews now, some aren't; there's going to be a big backlog for consulates to get through regardless before they get to us).

But the process takes long enough that I wouldn't be surprised if people like me and the OP, who applied in November, don't get interviews until early 2022.

I understand now, thank you. I’m September & received my NOA1 9/17. Fingers crossed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah we sent ours beginning of October and got our NOA1 shortly after so I am hoping so hard to get the NOA2 this summer as our timeline suggests, have our interview with or without any legal action, and be together before the year is out. Optimistic, maybe, but hopefully it’ll happen. Such a long process and every day still considering switching to CR-1 😕 

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

It took us 8 months to get to the NOA2.  Then about 6 weeks to clear the NVC portion. Then we are status ready and our file is at the embassy. Now everything is moving fast. I'm reading a case on here for our embassy of someone that got se interview 14 days after the medical. This was in December 2020.

Edited by sandiegodan2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.