Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

Hi Everyone,

This may have been asked numerously, but wanted to see if anyone can help me out.

I recently received my removal of conditions for my green card (Notice Date 1/19/2021). My green card has now been resent with a 10 year expiration date.

I was wondering when was the earliest I can apply for my N-400 naturalization? My 3 years is coming up (I have been a resident since 6/26/2018). Thank you!

You can check on the USCIS tool to see the exact day you can file, or deduct 90 days from your 3 year anniversary day , just make sure you don’t file before your 90 day window otherwise your application will be rejected

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
3 hours ago, Guido51 said:

hi everyone i am also filing n400 this week but i just want to know 1 thing. please help me understand this.

i am filing with 5 year rule after my divorce. this is my document list - that i uploaded online. 

1 - copy of green card

2 - copy of divorce certificate

3 - traffic ticket receipts

4 - copy of driver licence.

no kids.

is there anything missing in my document list? 

If you are filling online the system will tell you exactly what to upload in the end of the application before you pay and submit

Timeline
17 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

Hi Everyone,

This may have been asked numerously, but wanted to see if anyone can help me out.

I recently received my removal of conditions for my green card (Notice Date 1/19/2021). My green card has now been resent with a 10 year expiration date.

I was wondering when was the earliest I can apply for my N-400 naturalization? My 3 years is coming up (I have been a resident since 6/26/2018). Thank you!

If you have your green card 2 years and 9 month (from the date on your green card) and you still married to the same person you got your GC from then you can apply

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
53 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

I see. And this is 3 years, correct? Does this include the time I had conditions on my permanent residency?

If it's yes for the above questions, theoretically, I can apply beginning June 26, 2021, since I became a permanent resident w/ conditions effective 6/26/2018?

Heres the calculator, it will tell you the exact date you could find

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-early-filing-calculator#:~:text=You may file Form N,married to a US citizen.

Thanks everyone for all of your help! Extremely helpful community. Good luck to you all!

I have one more question, and it may be more specific and unsure if anyone can answer:

How long is the naturalization process once I file for my N-400? I also see that we can now file online? What are most people's experiences like?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 minute ago, jamesholden said:

Thanks everyone for all of your help! Extremely helpful community. Good luck to you all!

I have one more question, and it may be more specific and unsure if anyone can answer:

How long is the naturalization process once I file for my N-400? I also see that we can now file online? What are most people's experiences like?

USCIS estimator says 13-17 months, but several of us that applied this past week got an initial estimate of December 2021 when we submitted, and that updated to June 2021 the next day.

I-130                                                            CR-1

Filed: 1/13/2010                                         NVC Receive: 3/31/2010

NOA1: 1/22/2010                                       Consulate Receive: 3/31/2010 

NOA2: 2/3/2010                                         Interview: 4/26/2010

Approval: 5/13/2010

Date of Entry: 5/17/2010

I-751                                                            N-400

Filed: 2/18/2012                                        Filed: 2/11/2021

NOA1: 2/23/2012                                      NOA1: 2/12/2021

Biometrics: 3/12/2012                             Biometrics: Reuse Notice 2/19/2021

Interview: N/A                                            Interview: 4/6/2021

Approval: 7/11/2012                                Approval: 4/6/2021

Green Card Received: 7/19/2011

Oath of Allegiance: 5/6/2021

Timeline
52 minutes ago, jamesholden said:

It very very depends..... Depends on how lucky you are, I applied on the 10th and mine moved from December 2021 to June 2021, so hopefully...

Timeline
2 hours ago, jamesholden said:

It depends on your local office. Some people get it in 6 months, busier offices take over a year. When you file, you will get an estimated time frame, but keep in mind that it isn't set in stone 😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Does anyone know what the estimate wait time listed on your case page refers to? (Mine is currently 6 days)....possibly the wait time until the received application is first reviewed?

I-130                                                            CR-1

Filed: 1/13/2010                                         NVC Receive: 3/31/2010

NOA1: 1/22/2010                                       Consulate Receive: 3/31/2010 

NOA2: 2/3/2010                                         Interview: 4/26/2010

Approval: 5/13/2010

Date of Entry: 5/17/2010

I-751                                                            N-400

Filed: 2/18/2012                                        Filed: 2/11/2021

NOA1: 2/23/2012                                      NOA1: 2/12/2021

Biometrics: 3/12/2012                             Biometrics: Reuse Notice 2/19/2021

Interview: N/A                                            Interview: 4/6/2021

Approval: 7/11/2012                                Approval: 4/6/2021

Green Card Received: 7/19/2011

Oath of Allegiance: 5/6/2021

Timeline
43 minutes ago, ollie said:

Does anyone know what the estimate wait time listed on your case page refers to? (Mine is currently 6 days)....possibly the wait time until the received application is first reviewed?

Mine states 1 day, so I really want to know what is going to happen tomorrow...

Timeline
44 minutes ago, ollie said:

I'm thinking that's the estimated time for you to receive the official paper they mail out saying that they have received your application. The title says "we emailed you a confirmation" but the paragraph below says "we mailed you a confirmation". 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, J91939 said:

I'm thinking that's the estimated time for you to receive the official paper they mail out saying that they have received your application. The title says "we emailed you a confirmation" but the paragraph below says "we mailed you a confirmation". 

Or biometrics reuse lol, hopefully, fingers crossed

1 hour ago, Savva said:

Mine states 1 day, so I really want to know what is going to happen tomorrow...

Apparently means the estimated time to the next action in the case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.