Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Jehua said:

I'm prepare to fill my n-400 on Friday, February 12 2021, from Maryland. Any tip here?

Make sure it’s properly filled, signed, dated, in right order, check, triple check it so there’s no mistakes, make sure you don’t file to early because USCIS will reject if it’s before your window, same if u you ou are filing online ,my packet got delivered today waiting for my receipt and find out if they need more docs, so good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
7 minutes ago, genie12 said:

It's San Francisco, CA so they are probably busy

Oh boy... I'm in Buffalo NY, will see how it plays out and how Biden can help all of us with this ridiculous wait time

29 minutes ago, Jehua said:

I'm prepare to fill my n-400 on Friday, February 12 2021, from Maryland. Any tip here?

• Triple check everything on your application.
  • Whenever you check something you entered cross check it with the evidence you're submitting.
  • When you enter the trips taken, check your passport for admission stamps, to make sure you're not missing any trips and the return date you enter on the form matches the stamp on your passport. You might want to find and save your plane tickets for international trips, to make sure you're entering the correct dates and for future reference.
  • If you're filing on paper, you might want to create an online account and enter your travel information there so the USCIS website can calculate the number of days you spent outside the US. How it calculates it is actually a bit tricky and when I first filled out the form on paper I totally got the number of days wrong.
  • If you're filing on paper scan your whole application so you review it later at the interview. 

Timeline

Guys I do want to remind all of you, that we are taking a new 128 civics questions (2020 version) since we are applying after December 1, usually applicants were getting that test book when they went for there biometrics, but since USCIS started reusing biometrics we gotta take care of that test by ourselves, if you want me to post the new civic test on here just let me know

Edited by Savva
Spelling

Timeline
On 2/6/2021 at 2:07 PM, Summer2014 said:

Hey Feb2021 filers. Good day!

I filed my N400 online on Feb1 and got the electronic receipt right away. Today (Feb6) I got the same physical receipt by mail as well. According to what is showing on my USCIS, the processing time is 6 months. Can't wait for this bureaucracy to be over. Meanwhile, I do have a I-751 pending.   

Please let us know when they will schedule/reuse biometrics, in a lot of cases they just reuse biometrics and send you email (not in mail) it will reflect your document section on your online account

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
On 2/2/2021 at 9:59 AM, Savva said:

I did my application yesterday night (since their system save everything for 30 says) and in the end before the payment they asked me to upload my green card back and front, my divorce decree, and birth certificate/custody for my kids (I'm single dad with twins who 24/7 live with me) so all in all it was super comfortable and easy.

On the 9yh I just need to pay

Hi, 

Your situation looks close to me. Can you share your submission checking document with me it any advice before I submit mine on February 12. I planing to submit my n-400 from maryland

Thanks

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jehua said:

Hi, 

Your situation looks close to me. Can you share your submission checking document with me it any advice before I submit mine on February 12. I planing to submit my n-400 from maryland

Thanks

Hey Jehua! 

Every situation is different, and depending on what you state on your application, when I've done, the system asked me for the GC (front and back) divorce decree, my kids birth certificates, my custody, (my kids live with me 24/7) certificate of deposition from the court (since I stated on my application that I had a speeding ticket) 

That was it, hope it helps

If your kids live with you then you must show to the USCIS your custody for the kids, but if they live with your ex spouse you must show that you pay child support

Edited by Savva
Extension

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I am eligible to file today, but since my permanent green card hasn't arrived yet, I will wait a few more days to send it through. I don't wanna send it with pictures of the 2 year green card and have them think that my I-751 isn't approved yet 🤦‍♀️ few more days!! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, J91939 said:

I am eligible to file today, but since my permanent green card hasn't arrived yet, I will wait a few more days to send it through. I don't wanna send it with pictures of the 2 year green card and have them think that my I-751 isn't approved yet 🤦‍♀️ few more days!! 

You can send it in along with the approval letter that usually comes faster than the GC itself

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Savva said:

You can send it in along with the approval letter that usually comes faster than the GC itself

Yes, I thought about it, but my GC was just mailed out. I'm expecting it by the end of this week, Monday at the most :) I actually don't mind waiting a few more days, I waited 353 days for the permanent gc with an RFE and I want to make sure there won't be any problems this time around. 

Timeline

I'm officially in the club lol, applied this morning, receipt number came up immediately after payment, receipt itself not yet was uploaded into my document section, so will wait

Timeline
1 hour ago, Savva said:

I'm officially in the club lol, applied this morning, receipt number came up immediately after payment, receipt itself not yet was uploaded into my document section, so will wait

Just got my estimated case completion time, which I'd December 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.