Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Savva said:

Listen we should lol, it's not an easy process so I'll update on here everything I get from the uscis

I went ahead and finished the entire application, on Tuesday I will review it, pay for it, and send it through 🤞

41 minutes ago, Savva said:

When you apply online and pay,  the receipt number ( not the receipt itself but its number) appears immediately under the $725 amount you pay, it says, amount of$725 was applied to receipt number blu blu blu

Screenshot_20210206-113106.jpg

This is my friend's receipt

This is good to know!! I had no idea 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hey Feb2021 filers. Good day!

I filed my N400 online on Feb1 and got the electronic receipt right away. Today (Feb6) I got the same physical receipt by mail as well. According to what is showing on my USCIS, the processing time is 6 months. Can't wait for this bureaucracy to be over. Meanwhile, I do have a I-751 pending.   

2 minutes ago, Summer2014 said:

Hey Feb2021 filers. Good day!

I filed my N400 online on Feb1 and got the electronic receipt right away. Today (Feb6) I got the same physical receipt by mail as well. According to what is showing on my USCIS, the processing time is 6 months. Can't wait for this bureaucracy to be over. Meanwhile, I do have a I-751 pending.   

Yes we all hope to be done in 6 months but we have to wait and see, my application is sitting in ups facility in Phoenix to be delivered monday

Timeline

As per the processing times, I will be here for the next 14 to 17.5 months... Anybody else planning on riding this rollercoaster for that long? Lol

1 minute ago, J91939 said:

As per the processing times, I will be here for the next 14 to 17.5 months... Anybody else planning on riding this rollercoaster for that long? Lol

As soon as papers are in we all are for the ride😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

President Biden signed a proclamation directing  USCIS to prioritize n400 in all possible ways! And not just that, he wants to see a process in writing report within 60 days since he signed which was on the of February 2nd, so what I'm trying to say hopefully it's going to go faster than the times show today

Edited by Savva
Wrong spelling

47 minutes ago, J91939 said:

2 minutes ago, Savva said:

President Biden signed a proclamation directing  USCIS to prioritize n400 in all possible ways! And not just that, he wants to see a process in writing report within 60 days since he signed which was on the of February 2nd, so what I'm trying to say hopefully it's going to go faster than the times show today

San Francisco is 15-16 months right now, hopefully they'll figure out how to speed up the process soon...🤞

Timeline
2 minutes ago, genie12 said:

San Francisco is 15-16 months right now, hopefully they'll figure out how to speed up the process soon...🤞

I know, it's very sucks..... Do you want me to post the link to his proclamation on here?

Timeline
1 minute ago, genie12 said:

Yes please! And thanks for sharing!

It's my absolute pleasure, I'm with all of you guys! Will be posting in a minute

Timeline

It's a very long executive order, so I just copied the part about naturalization

Sec. 5.  Promoting Naturalization. (a)  Improving the naturalization process.  The Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, within 60 days of the date of this order, develop a plan describing any agency actions, in furtherance of the policy set forth in section 1 of this order, that they will take to:

(i)    eliminate barriers in and otherwise improve the existing naturalization process, including by conducting a comprehensive review of that process with particular emphasis on the N-400 application, fingerprinting, background and security checks, interviews, civics and English language tests, and the oath of allegiance;

(ii)   substantially reduce current naturalization processing times;

(iii)  make the naturalization process more accessible to all eligible individuals, including through a potential reduction of the naturalization fee and restoration of the fee waiver process;

(iv)   facilitate naturalization for eligible candidates born abroad and members of the military, in consultation with the Department of Defense; and

(v)    review policies and practices regarding denaturalization and passport revocation to ensure that these authorities are not used excessively or inappropriately.

(b)  Implementing improvements to the naturalization process.  Within 180 days of the issuance of the plan developed pursuant to subsection (a) of this section, the Secretary of State, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall each submit a report to the President describing the progress in implementing the plan, any barriers to implementing the plan, and any additional areas of concern that should be addressed to ensure that eligible individuals are able to apply for naturalization in a fair and efficient manner.

(c)  Strategy to promote naturalization.  There is established an Interagency Working Group on Promoting Naturalization (Naturalization Working Group) to develop a national strategy to promote naturalization.  The Naturalization Working Group shall be chaired by the Secretary of Homeland Security, or the Secretary’s designee, and it shall include the heads of the following agencies, or senior-level officials designated by the head of each agency:

(i)    the Secretary of Labor;

(ii)   the Secretary of Health and Human Services;

(iii)  the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development;

(iv)   the Secretary of Education;

(v)    the Secretary of Homeland Security;

(vi)   the Commissioner of Social Security; and

(vii)  the heads of other agencies invited to participate by the Working Group chair.

(d)  Within 90 days of the date of this order, the Naturalization Working Group shall submit a strategy to the President outlining steps the Federal Government should take to promote naturalization, including the potential development of a public awareness campaign.

Timeline

I unfortunately don't think they will be able to reduce the processing times without hiring more people... Where I live, they have same-day naturalization ceremonies, and now with covid, I guess they are having fewer people per day. Without more people and more money (such as fee increases) I just dont see it :(

Timeline
19 minutes ago, J91939 said:

I unfortunately don't think they will be able to reduce the processing times without hiring more people... Where I live, they have same-day naturalization ceremonies, and now with covid, I guess they are having fewer people per day. Without more people and more money (such as fee increases) I just dont see it :(

I get where you're coming from, but on the second hand positive changes are much better than today's situation... Maybe not for us but for the people that will be eligible for N400 in a few months

Timeline
2 hours ago, genie12 said:

In case anyone was wondering what happens when the Estimated wait time reaches 0 days:1089110606_ScreenShot2021-02-08at8_54_37AM.thumb.png.5083b00e0c750584b7d174df47bb82e7.png

Oh noooo... What is your local uscis office?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.