Crtcl Rice Theory

Biden working towards putting Harriet Tubman on $20 notes after Trump delayed move

70 posts in this topic

I dont really have a problem honoring her is some kind of way, but I have never been a fan of replacing people. Kind of like renaming Hartsfield airport. All for honoring the first Black Mayor of Atlanta but find something else to honor him with. Kind of like digging up a grave after the person has faded from memory. 

Let me throw this out there. If we want to honor a black person with their own money, wouldn't dr. King be more fitting ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I dont really have a problem honoring her is some kind of way, but I have never been a fan of replacing people. Kind of like renaming Hartsfield airport. All for honoring the first Black Mayor of Atlanta but find something else to honor him with. Kind of like digging up a grave after the person has faded from memory. 

Let me throw this out there. If we want to honor a black person with their own money, wouldn't dr. King be more fitting ?

I suspect Dr. King may be canceled soon, so I doubt that will happen.  Actually I am surprised Harriet T. hasn't been canceled yet.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, B_J said:

Andy Ngo only reported on the issues that he wanted to report on and ignores those that didn't serve his purpose.  I can agree with that but, this is the problem with pretty much all of our "journalism" now.  The news/media don't report the news to the public, they report the news that they want the public to know.  It's interesting that almost all of my friends, they happen to lean a little left, have no idea what happened in Portland.  It was never in the real news, except when they were able to blame Trump.  They remember Trump caused some riots and that's it.  They assume the riots are over and, if you watch the mainstream news, why wouldn't they think that?  What Andy Ngo does can't be any more wronger than what the rest of the news does.  

The lack of journalistic integrity probably worries me more about our country than any other issue.

Also just from a logical/functional standpoint, focused journalists like Andy tend to focus on the subject they're working on, not going to just focus on "anything".

But you pretty neatly nailed it down, there is no such thing as a journalist without bias or agenda. Realistically, the litany of issues concerning reliability are a factor, and while he is definitely unpopular with the left, especially those sympathizing with Antifa/BLM, I've noticed the same issue arises with Project Veritas. That demographic clearly doesn't want people seeing things they don't want people to see, hence the comically bad smear efforts or gaslighting as if none of this stuff we're seeing is believable.

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Well there was a popular vote and Harriet Tubman got the most votes, so no sense running around saying it was unfair after the fact. We've had enough of that lately. If people really wanted to keep Jackson on the bill they should have petitioned to set up a less fair system designed to give the minority their own way. Maybe an electoral college setup would vote to keep Jackson on the bill?

Really just be glad Wilma Mankiller came in 3rd, cause I could imagine having the $20 referred to as a "Mankiller" would have really been a trigger for a few (unnamed) persons.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

24 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

What’s Biden got against Andrew Jackson? 

Wouldn't the question be what Trump had in favor of him? The bill was originally scheduled to be changed in 2020.

The interesting thing is Jackson was against both paper money and a national banking system. Jackson favored hard money and was not a big fan of the fiat system in general. I'm not really sure he would be all that happy having his image end up on the bill.

While people's attention is directed toward nothing issues like this in one hand, you have the real card being played in the other:

MERRICK GARLAND WANTS FORMER FACEBOOK LAWYER TO TOP ANTITRUST DIVISION

Susan Davies has spent much of the last decade working on behalf of major mergers and fending off antitrust enforcement.

AS THE FIGHT over the direction of the Biden administration’s antitrust policy intensifies, a new figure has entered the fray, scrambling the calculus: Attorney General nominee Merrick Garland. The battle so far has largely been fought out between lobbyists for Big Tech and their allies on the one hand and skeptics of monopoly power on the other.

But according to three sources familiar with the discussions, Garland is hoping to install as the head of the Department of Justice antitrust division a longtime aide who served under him during the Clinton administration and who later was the attorney charged with shepherding his ill-fated Supreme Court nomination. That lawyer, Susan Davies, however, would be a controversial pick for another professional connection of hers: Facebook. The sources for this story are unable to speak on the record for fear of angering the Biden administration, which has not authorized those involved in the discussions to speak publicly.

https://theintercept.com/2021/01/28/antitrust-facebook-merrick-garland/

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

5 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

While people's attention is directed toward nothing issues like this in one hand, you have the real card being played in the other:

https://theintercept.com/2021/01/28/antitrust-facebook-merrick-garland/

Since we are having a discussion about the nothing issue, perhaps we can keep our discussion of the nothing issue here, and start a new topic for a completely unrelated subject?

1 hour ago, Steeleballz said:

Since we are having a discussion about the nothing issue, perhaps we can keep our discussion of the nothing issue here, and start a new topic for a completely unrelated subject?

irrelevant :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

He already has one

uo_1445898223-28057-363.jpg

Wasn't it in Fargo the Frances McDormand character pointed out to her discouraged husband that his woodcock decoy on 1c stamp would live on because people needed them when the postage rate changed?

Edited by CanAm1980