VetsWife328

Anyone in Duluth MN?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey there,

My Fiance and I have decided to move back to his Hometown of Duluth ,Minnesota.

I was wondering if VJ had any members living there? Just looking to meet new people this way.

James family lives there but I'd also like to get to know ppl outside of the family.

Also I could use some advice on Housing and schools.........

Any input is welcome

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

FYI, I responded in this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=74858

I hope you like Duluth! Rey and I were just there; it's really beautiful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I live about an hour and a half from Duluth. Unfortunately, I am moving to the Tucson Arizona area next week. Are you planning on living right in Duluth or the surrounding area? Are you looking for apartments or to buy a home? I can't help you with the schools. You could call the school district, but overall, the schools in this area are very good.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Timeline

Well we'd like to be in Duluth.And if possible rent and neighborhood wise I would love to be very close to Lake Superior.But I don't know the area and James hasn't lived there in more than 10 years.........so we'd need advice on neighborhoods and stuff like that.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Hiiiiiiiii, :star:

I’m from UK , but my fiancée from Red wing Minnesota ….. when are moving there ? I will email my mother in law and let her send us some information rg: school and housing and the best place to lieve in…. then I will forward it to ….

My wedding will be in Minnesota 1st September … I hope you will be there by then , to attend my wedding …..

Btw everyone else from MN are welcome ….. :dance:

All the best

Met while we both in deployment in the middle of nowhere – 15 -06-2006

Got engaged on the quarter deck on one of the newest Navy ship 10 - 03-2007

20-04-2007 the journey begin

I-129F Sent : 22-05-2007

I-129F NOA1 (Receipt) : 25-05-2007

Traveled to stay with Ryan until we get the approval 13-09-2007 to 24-10-2007

I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 27-09-2007

Package Received By NVC : 04-10-2007

Package Left From NVC : 08-10-2007

Received By Consulate : 12-10-2007

Rec Instructions (Pkt 3) : 15-10-2007

Medical : 26-10-2007

Interview scheduled for: 26-11-2007 Approved

Flaying back to be with my man this time for good 30-11-2007

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I lived there 1999-2001, you can find homes and rentals on craigslist...sometimes photo's are posted. Anywhere you live in Duluth you will be 15-30 mins from Lake Superior. I have lived in West Duluth....but prefer the East better....closer to hospital and alittle more scenic.

To Blessed to be stressed:) I realize that all things have a purpose and a time.....have faith and the Lord Almighty will provide... when the time is right, he NEVER fails!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm about 2 1/2 hours south of Duluth, on the Wisconsin side! We can meet in the middle anytime!!!

Good luck with the visa and the move etc.!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Timeline

I'm not sure how large of a city you live in now, but the Twin Ports (Duluth MN and Superior WI) has a population of around 100,000. It's small town but there is still a lot of things to do and see there. I think you will love the area. Good schools, good hospitals etc. You are about 2 hours north of Minneapolis (by car) so if you prefer larger cities, you can always take a trip there from time to time. There is an airport in Duluth so you can fly there as well.

The only thing I caution you about living close to the lake is the temperatures. If you live in the city your summer temps are going to run about 20-30F cooler than over the hill (Duluth is on a hill). Also, depending on when you come, apartments can become kind of difficult to find once September rolls around and the university starts up for fall.

Other than that, it's a beautiful area.

Apartments:

http://www.apartmentsduluth.com/

http://www.dexknows.com/geo/Minnesota/Dulu...html?from=7OSMQ

http://www.apartments.com/partner/results....amp;partner=seo

http://duluth.craigslist.org/

http://www.melhus.org/residential.html

Schools:

http://www.greatschools.net/city/Duluth/MN

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/browse...237/mn/?level=a

I-129F

Timeline

Thanks so much for all the Info!!!

We're hoping to be able to put our I 129 in by September (Still waiting for his divorce to go through) and want to move to the US as soon as the Visa is granted.So hopefully about end of Feb ,early March.

Yeah the only thing that will give me a hard time in MN is the weather since from what I heared it gets REAL cold.

With lots of snow............

But my man,son and dog love the snow,so I guess I can deal with it :blush:

Again thank you all for the Info!!

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline

So, I've never lived in Minnesota... (I'm originally from tennessee, but went to Wisconsin for college) but I hear it gets FREEZING!!! As an interesting side note... I've also heard that the U of Minn Duluth has an huge network of underground passageways because it gets so cold in the wintertime! I've always wanted to visit --if just to walk everywhere underground!

Good luck on your journey!! Buy a good winter coat!! And don't eat the yellow snow! :P

-Kate-

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Timeline
So, I've never lived in Minnesota... (I'm originally from tennessee, but went to Wisconsin for college) but I hear it gets FREEZING!!! As an interesting side note... I've also heard that the U of Minn Duluth has an huge network of underground passageways because it gets so cold in the wintertime! I've always wanted to visit --if just to walk everywhere underground!

Good luck on your journey!! Buy a good winter coat!! And don't eat the yellow snow! :P

-Kate-

Must just be a legend because as far as I know, there is no vast underground passageway network. It doesn't get that cold there. :whistle:

I-129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Macedonia
Timeline
Must just be a legend because as far as I know, there is no vast underground passageway network. It doesn't get that cold there. :whistle:

Oh no! Now that's sad... :(:P

[font="Tahoma"][color="#9932CC"]10/01/2007 Sent I-129F
10/02/2007 @10:55am Arrived CSC
10/30/2007 NOA1 issued
11/01/2007 Touched
11/05/2007 Check cashed and paper NOA1 received
11/11/2007 Touched![/color][/font]

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

-Kate-

Well, all downtown Minneapolis is connected by a fairly big network of Overpasses, connecting the blocks one level above street level. It's great, because it does get cold here!

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

-Kate-

Well, all downtown Minneapolis is connected by a fairly big network of Overpasses, connecting the blocks one level above street level. It's great, because it does get cold here!

You mean skyways and yes you can pretty much go anywhere in downtown once you enter the skyway.

keTiiDCjGVo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.