Greenbaum

JANUARY 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS (merged)

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Ohh yeah. maybe on here there are only 68 cases but not everyone creates a VJ account. In total there are over 2000 cases. If you look at the september stats that @JobbinsKnobbins post you will see that September had almost 3,000 cases. I think October had a similar amount as well.  

ohhhh YES maybe that's what they meant! I took it to mean 68 cases in total had been filed for the month and was thinking wow what happened in October that so few people filed

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 minute ago, AishaniA93 said:

ohhhh YES maybe that's what they meant! I took it to mean 68 cases in total had been filed for the month and was thinking wow what happened in October that so few people filed

I wish!!! If only 68 cases had been filed, i think alot of us would already be married and on AOS 😆

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 hours ago, AishaniA93 said:

Oh wow! I wonder why so few…even October only had something like 68 I think someone posted here and said. We are December filers though I have a feeling December May have had a few more cases though I hope I’m wrong and maybe December has just as few as January!

Yeah this might've been answered after the fact, but when I was reading through everyone replying after my comment, there might be a chance that January is much higher in petitions and the app is only  displaying a select few (kind of like going onto another case tracker app like what I have and putting in the last 50 cases previous to your current one).  But the way the app says it, it sounds like it pulled everything from Dec 30th to  January (so the entire month) but it could have been based on the number of people who signed up for the app instead of pulling information directly from USCIS.  Either way, it gives me hope for sure!  

Yes, I confirmed the case number i posted for January was only from Lawfully case tracking.  So it at least gives me a good idea.

Edited by Keithn85

Timeline
1 hour ago, AD1 said:

Do we need to prepare anything for interview from now like form I-134 or any other forms for Jan 2021 filers? My fiancé is Iran and the country she will have interview is turkey. Thanks 

Unless you see your financial situation changing, there is no reason not to fill out the I-134 (or at least start it and know what might take a bit for you to acquire) but unless you have a short trip from when the NVC creates the embassy case # to when the interview happens, you will have time to prepare for that.  I am keeping the information in mind that i will need to get for when my case moves to NVC and gets an embassy case # assigned to it, but I am not filling out anything yet for it.  And as far as stuff she has to get, we are going to start that process at the same time I am getting my half of the paperwork started.  That way it is all accurate to the last 2 months rather than the last 4 months.  And for her, she can get her police report pretty quickly.  Now this speaks to Ukraine, so your situation might be different.
I=petitioner
Her=Beneficiary
I realized it sounds like I was referring to the case # being for me at my interview at the embassy.  

Edited by Keithn85

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Unless you see your financial situation changing, there is no reason not to fill out the I-134 (or at least start it and know what might take a bit for you to acquire) but unless you have a short trip from when the NVC creates the embassy case # to when the interview happens, you will have time to prepare for that.  I am keeping the information in mind that i will need to get for when my case moves to NVC and gets an embassy case # assigned to it, but I am not filling out anything yet for it.  And as far as stuff she has to get, we are going to start that process at the same time I am getting my half of the paperwork started.  That way it is all accurate to the last 2 months rather than the last 4 months.  And for her, she can get her police report pretty quickly.  Now this speaks to Ukraine, so your situation might be different.
I=petitioner
Her=Beneficiary
I realized it sounds like I was referring to the case # being for me at my interview at the embassy.  

Thank you. I am petitioner too and my fiancé (she) is beneficiary. So I will start preparing I-134 and have it ready since she is not working in Iran. so as soon as cases approved or received noa 2 she can get police report and medical reports right? Is that all we need filling out I-134 in my part and her part medical and police reports correct? Or is there something else do I need to prepare for?

Her English is not very good now (in process of learning). Will that be a problem in interview (she is learning now and i am sure she will be ok in 3-4 months if she gets interview by then). Our first language is Farsi (we communicate in Farsi).

thanks again :)

Edited by AD1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, AD1 said:

Thank you. I am petitioner too and my fiancé (she) is beneficiary. So I will start preparing I-134 and have it ready since she is not working in Iran. so as soon as cases approved or received noa 2 she can get police report and medical reports right? Is that all we need filling out I-134 in my part and her part medical and police reports correct? Or is there something else do I need to prepare for?

Her English is not very good now (in process of learning). Will that be a problem in interview (she is learning now and i am sure she will be ok in 3-4 months if she gets interview by then). Our first language is Farsi (we communicate in Farsi).

thanks again :)

Language not a problem in the interview, they shoulder offer her a translator and she has every right to ask for one :)

Farsi is such a beautiful language, and I love the food! 

we last saw each other: March 2020
I-129F sent: 12/24/2020

USCIS received: 12/29/2020

NOA1 notice date: 2/27/2021

NOA1 receipt date (backdated): 12/28/2020

NOA2: 08/11/2021

NOA2 paper copy: 08/18/2021

NVC received: 08/25/2021

NVC number issued: 09/01/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AishaniA93 said:

Language not a problem in the interview, they shoulder offer her a translator and she has every right to ask for one :)

Farsi is such a beautiful language, and I love the food! 

Thanks so much ❤️

Timeline
On 5/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, Greenbaum said:

2 hours ago, AD1 said:

See above links.  Either one will get you to the P3 for Turkey.  Now the post this came from was in 2019, but it at least will give you an idea from Turkey.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My fiancé sent our application on January 26th and they received it on the 28th of January, but we got our NOA1 in March. Does that mean our wait time is from January or March? When I check the status online it mentions the January date.

19 minutes ago, Chloe99 said:

My fiancé sent our application on January 26th and they received it on the 28th of January, but we got our NOA1 in March. Does that mean our wait time is from January or March? When I check the status online it mentions the January date.

January 28th will be your wait time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 hours ago, Chloe99 said:

Please fix your timeline as noa-1 January 28. You have the March date. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, J&D1008 said:

Please fix your timeline as noa-1 January 28. You have the March date. 

Well on the NOA1 letter it has the March date so I figured that was correct 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chloe99 said:

Well on the NOA1 letter it has the March date so I figured that was correct 

Yeah that can be confusing.  There is the WAC # creation date, and the actual "received" date.  Since COVID delayed receiving, our creation dates were almost (if not) 2 months from our actual received date.  So utilize the January one and know you have that much more time subtracted from your wait!  Stay strong!

Edited by Keithn85
swapped processing for receiving

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.